'Sure and Stedfast'

Boab

Was anyone else here at the battalion meeting at cambuslang rugby club where Walt was a guest speaker? The day he signed with us again, can't ever forget the atmosphere in the room that night. Got a pic with the man and a signature on the dated programme. A terrific moment in my BB history

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

six in all white throught to gold

87th possil

I used to be in the Henry Drummond in Possil, i think that they moved up to Parkhouse.

I was baptised in Henry Drummond/Trinty Possil and played for their church football team for a few years too. They've been in Broadholm Street for years now.

I was 131st Stonelaw, Anchor Boys to Company Section Sergeant. Best marcher in my Company!

BB football was great fun, well apart from the red ash!!!

Aw the red ash was a bastard. I'm part of the 195th, always considerded the 131st close rivals :)

That's right! We always comsidered the 195 to be the jakey company from Rutherglen! :P

You all wore the new crap uniforms where we liked to keep it old school with the blazers, White sash and shirt/tie!

Used to be a total grudge match game!

I was 131st Stonelaw, Anchor Boys to Company Section Sergeant. Best marcher in my Company!

BB football was great fun, well apart from the red ash!!!

Aw the red ash was a bastard. I'm part of the 195th, always considerded the 131st close rivals :)

That's right! We always comsidered the 195 to be the jakey company from Rutherglen! :P

You all wore the new crap uniforms where we liked to keep it old school with the blazers, White sash and shirt/tie!

Used to be a total grudge match game!

Lol aye man thats right we got modern years before the 131 and went with just shirts n ties. We always saw the 131 as the burnside upper class company, its all very political :P

A lot of my schoolmates were 131, loved the competition. Its a shame the bb has declined so much in recent years

WATP

Fond memories.. shipmates through to BB staff sergeant, set record for winning best drilled NCO trophy every year...but it was the fitba on the muddiest grass pitches and glass-strewn red-blaze pitches along with summer camps in Carradale that stays with me best.

120th Glasgow, Pollokshields

Happy Days... :)