***The Official Congratulations Kris Boyd Thread***

coolhandluke

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter Smith has praised Kris Boyd after the striker broke Henrik Larsson's SPL goalscoring record in the 7-1 defeat of Dundee United at Ibrox tonight.

The prolific no. 9 hit five past keeper Nicky Weaver, taking his career total against United alone to 25, and his league tally with Killie and Rangers to 160.

Smith believes there are few strikers about that have the finishing ability Boyd possesses and he was delighted to see his talented hitman do it in such style.

He said: "I thought that Kris was exceptional and it was great to see him break the record in the way he did.

"He has always managed to get us a level of goals for us but his finishing tonight was fantastic.

"I think the way he took his goals tonight sum him up perfectly, there are very few players can finish the way he does.

" I was delighted for him as he has been working very hard in training and in games.

"This season alone he has improved a lot and I think there has been a realisation that he had to do a bit more.

"But that has never affected his ability to get goals which has always been the biggest part of his game.

"What he has achieved as a striker is fantastic."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1919236