Tottenham and Aston Villa after Barry Ferguson

Skysports.com understands that Birmingham City's Barry Ferguson is being tracked by a host of Premier League Clubs, including Tottenham and Aston Villa.

Ferguson has been a massive success at Birmingham since arriving from Rangers last summer.

The classy midfielder has recaptured his best form and he has been instrumental in Birmingham's success this season helping them to eighth spot in the table.

Ferguson has virtually been an ever-present in Alex McLeish's side this season and his form has not gone unnoticed by other clubs in the Premier League.

Villa and Spurs in the market for a new midfielder and they are thought to be keeping tabs on Ferguson's situation.

Ferguson, who has 18-months left on his contract with the option of a further year, has expressed his happiness at Birmingham and the 31-year-old would be happy to extend his stay at the club with the Midlands outfit demonstrating big ambitions for the future.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5820980,00.html

I love Ferguson but it was the best descion for him to leave Rangers.. for both club and player

It is also great to see that he is once again proving alot of people wrong, i remember alot of papers claimging he couldnt make it down in England thats why he came back to Rangers, when in actual fact he was a class act for Blackburn when he was there and came back up for his love of this team, not because he couldnt hack it.

Oh Barry Barry !

P.s tell Scotland to stick it Bazza :)

Am I the only one who thinks Barry Ferguson has been extremely average since joining Birmingham?

He looks 'decent' in a Birmingham side who work hard, get men behind the ball and try and hit them on the counter but I can't see him fitting into a team like Spurs who like to play attacking football.

Am I the only one who thinks Barry Ferguson has been extremely average since joining Birmingham?

He looks 'decent' in a Birmingham side who work hard, get men behind the ball and try and hit them on the counter but I can't see him fitting into a team like Spurs who like to play attacking football.

Yes.

Every Birmingham player that has been interviewed so far have said that Bazza is the main reason they are doing so well. I think the EPL suits him to a tee, gets just enough time on the ball to look classy but has the football brain when games are tight to keep it simple or help buil an attack.

He does exactly the same thing as he did at Rangers, and the Birmingham fans love him for it. I think it all comes down to the role that the fans expect a player to have.

At Rangers we expected Barry to be a box-to-box midfielder and score plenty of goals, but he just can't do that any more. Birmingham fans knew they were getting a player who will not lose the ball and do the simple things well, and they have got it.

He is playing well but he has to stay at Birmingham is he wants a regular game. He wouldn't be first choice at either Spurs or Villa.

He is a player that is far more suited to the EPL than the SPL because you get far more time on the ball.

He very rarely loses the ball and does the simple stuff very well.

Is suited to a more mid-table premiership side compared to a top 4 side as proved at both Blackburn and now Birmingham.

Good to see him doing well.

He is a player that is far more suited to the EPL than the SPL because you get far more time on the ball.

He very rarely loses the ball and does the simple stuff very well.

Is suited to a more mid-table premiership side compared to a top 4 side as proved at both Blackburn and now Birmingham.

Good to see him doing well.

That doesn't really make sense as he never played for a top four team so we have no basis for comparsion.

There is a quote by Dick Advocaat that says he thought Fergie should have played for someone like Man Utd or Arsenal in his career.