Andy Webster

mccoist355

Do we offer Webster a new contract in the Summer?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do we offer Webster a new contract in the Summer?

• Yes. Rock solid player, Could step into Weir's shoes, Cover if Bougie/Wilson is sold etc..
    • No. Not good enough, too injury prone, can't afford him etc..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always rated him.

Can remember when he was at Hearts and almost every game the report would say he "never put a foot wrong".

He lost his way a bit through injury and that contract fuss but at 27 he'll only improve his reading of the game - he's had rave reviews at Tannadice and is developing into a reincarnated Davie Weir already.

If down the line we had to cash in on Bougie or Wilson (which i'd hope not) Webster would be the best replacement in the Scottish game.

He has been outstanding for Dundee United...

He gets far too much flak on here

Never understand why. He never got a chance at Ibrox and was the top Scottish defender when Hearts had that successful season.

He was a brilliant defender at Hearts but sadly injury hampered his career, I think next season is make or break

Too injury prone.

He's been a Rangers player for way too long to say that next season is "Make or break", FFS.

Im sure that on his day he is a good defender but how many chances does he want to go on an injury free run?

Too slow and turns like a clapped out bus.

The thought of him up against a Villa, Drogba, Van Persie, Ibra or Higuain in next year's CL is absolutely terrifying.

Who would you have at centre back?

haven't really seen much of him, I'm aware Sportsound at least thinks he's the shit but they also thought Gary Caldwell was good (bit sad to see him go, always enjoyed guaranteed goals against the scum, at least cakmanus is still there). Next season we'll see, but if he stays fit then I'd bet on him being a decent player like Broadfoot, good not great and consistent.

The thought of him up against a Villa, Drogba, Van Persie, Ibra or Higuain in next year's CL is absolutely terrifying.

Who would you have at centre back?

Ye would maybe think that we would perhaps be able to buy somebody if we win the league this season??

On that basis, Im gonnae say "Any cunt".

I think in our current financial state.

Hes more than an able SPL centre back to provide cover for us I think..

Villa, Drogba, Van Persie, Ibra or Higuain against any of our current centre backs is terrifying.

Villa, Drogba, Van Persie, Ibra or Higuain against any of our current centre backs is terrifying.

That's the mentality that's seen us waste so much money on pish.

The whole 'Ach, he'll do a job' thing is a load of mince.

I've seen Webster three or four times this year and I've yet to be impressed. I'd rather have Davie Weir for another year than bring him back, they're both about as fast as each other but Weir offers so much more.

Honestly, it's amazing what one half decent performance can do for you doh

He was ran all over the place by Partick Thistle!

Too injury prone? Yes in the past he had problems with injuries, he also had problems when he wasn't allowed to play because of the transfer fiasco. How many times has he been injured for Utd this season? No more than any other player if he's been out injured at all.

Can he do a job for us? Who knows, circumstances have prevented us from finding out, not exactly his fault. Also got to look at the central defenders that Walter has brought in, in the past, can't exactly say any of them have been terrible, it seems to be one thing he can pick out well.

He deserves a chance, and if he comes in and does well for us then a few of us will be eating our words.

papa webster has been brilliant for utd, we scored 7 against them, he didnt play, he then came back in they have been solid.

he is getting rave reviews from pundits and also utd fans.

hes doing well

what games did you see him fail in? just the thistle game?

did he not also play in the game they beat ce**ic?

hes more commanding than davie weir, websters passing isn great but he can play, davie weir cant pass fullstop. webster can run too now hes fit, captain dave cant run.

i think your harsh on the lad mate, just my opinion

he could be really really good for us.

(tu)

europe will be a problem for the whole squad, if its not improved, not just webster imo

I've seen Webster three or four times this year and I've yet to be impressed. I'd rather have Davie Weir for another year than bring him back, they're both about as fast as each other but Weir offers so much more.

I just think in our current financial position....we are in no state to buy anyone else really.A decent squad player to provide cover.

Unless we get taken over i think he will stay.

Andy Webster was an outstanding defender for hearts... He carried Pressley

My only concern is his injuries, this season he has had nothing but praise from the Dundee Camp and I fully expect him to have many of us eating our words papa. I would go as far to say he is a young David Weir