"A H*ns a H*n for a' that"

mccoist355

Blatant double standards by the BBC who are quick enough to stick the knife in to us for 'sectarianism'. I sent a complaint away about this yesterday after reading about the story on another forum.

If enough of us complain .............

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blatant double standards by the BBC who are quick enough to stick the knife in to us for 'sectarianism'. I sent a complaint away about this yesterday after reading about the story on another forum.

If enough of us complain .............

But most wont mate - unfortunately!

Ok so here's an open question to RM Admin.

Why on RM, can we refer to the word h** openly, yet similar words we use to describe the unwashed are blanked out on here?

IE:

B****, t**g, T******, F***** etc, etc.

Sounds like capitulation on a grand scale to me, or are we again pandering to potential complaints by the unwashed? Oh we cant use those words, someone might complain to the authorities...

Oh the irony...

Pandering to the complaints of T******* are exactly what we are doing, if that's how you'd like to refer to it. Due to these complaints we were threatened with action from our hosts in the past. We'd like to avoid that in the future.

And as for the H-word not being censored, why on earth would you want to use that word on a Rangers forum anyway?

Erm to debate the issue perhaps?

Would you like to share what action was threatened, and against which word(s) and by whom? I assume that the complaints emanated from within? ie, soapdodgers with RM log-ins?

Dare I suggest you use another web host if that is indeed the case?

I could be completely cynical, and ask for a list of words that you don't think are acceptable to Admin, to the web hosts, or indeed the soapdodgers .............but I wont !

So we roll over and take it up the spout whenever they complain, yet, we as a support are ignored, irrespective what we are called and how much we complain? and now it would seem by a Rangers supporters website?

Now I'm sure these comments wont ingratiate myself to you Admin guys, but surely, you must see the irony in all this?

We don't know who the complaints came from, the hosts wont' disclose that kind of information. I wasn't Admin when we had trouble with these words, so i don't know the details, only that our hosts recieved complaints and were none too pleased.

I would have all of the "offending" words removed from the filter in a second, but it really isn't worth the risk. A list of these has been agreed.

We're not going to change hosts just so people can see a few words on the forum. Who's to say our new host wouldn't recieve complaints and react in the same way?

I know the double-standards are disgraceful, but now we have covered our own backs we are in a position to point out the failings of the other side. I'm glad you take an interest in this mate, it is a subject which should be discussed to expose yet more hypocrisy.

This is unbelievable and complaints should be made to the BBC. I'm all for having a laugh and can take a joke but not when double standards are being applied. Substitute the word 'hun' for other derogatory terms for people which I wont type but I'm sure you'll know what I mean and there would be an uproar from the usual suspects. I am going to complain to the BBC Trust about this and I hope others do the same.

Should the forum not maybe just move to another host?

Why in the fuck would a Rangers site remain with a host that were "None too pleased" about the words we use to describe the filth?

I like it here but this sort of thing leaves me speechless.

LOL - I cant believe the number of posters on this thread, getting offended at something they didn't hear - the old Johnathon Ross complaints system - if you did NOT here it yourself dont complain - have the guts to make up your own mind. Some of us are becoming as serially offended as the mopes across the city. As for the term h** - we have had that debate on here - some are offended some not.

LOL - I cant believe the number of posters on this thread, getting offended at something they didn't hear - the old Johnathon Ross complaints system - if you did NOT here it yourself dont complain - have the guts to make up your own mind. Some of us are becoming as serially offended as the mopes across the city. As for the term H** - we have had that debate on here - some are offended some not.

LOL - I cannae believe the amount of pish you talk.

So now you have to be there/hear something to be offended.

Quality post by the way :praise:

LOL - I cant believe the number of posters on this thread, getting offended at something they didn't hear - the old Johnathon Ross complaints system - if you did NOT here it yourself dont complain - have the guts to make up your own mind. Some of us are becoming as serially offended as the mopes across the city. As for the term H** - we have had that debate on here - some are offended some not.

If you have NOT heard it for yourself you have no concept of tone, context etc. but as you seem to want to encourage us becoming "serially offended" at everything - something we laugh at them for.

Thanks for noting the quality of my post! :rolleyes:

If you have NOT heard it for yourself you have no concept of tone, context etc. but as you seem to want to encourage us becoming "serially offended" at everything - something we laugh at them for.

I trust a large group of bears judgement on the matter ;)

You on the other hand......

... to finish your thought - I on the other hand am cabable of thinking for myself.

... to finish your thought - I on the other hand am cabable of thinking for myself.

You on the other hand.....

I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

Correctimundo - didn't you know his mate was Hellomoto? The now banned T*** lurker on RM....ooops sorry cant use that word anymore huh?

Ok so here's an open question to RM Admin.

Why on RM, can we refer to the word H** openly, yet similar words we use to describe the unwashed are blanked out on here?

IE:

B****, t**g, T******, F***** etc, etc.

Sounds like capitulation on a grand scale to me, or are we again pandering to potential complaints by the unwashed? Oh we cant use those words, someone might complain to the authorities...

Oh the irony...

Pandering to the complaints of T******* are exactly what we are doing, if that's how you'd like to refer to it. Due to these complaints we were threatened with action from our hosts in the past. We'd like to avoid that in the future.

And as for the H-word not being censored, why on earth would you want to use that word on a Rangers forum anyway?

Erm to debate the issue perhaps?

Would you like to share what action was threatened, and against which word(s) and by whom? I assume that the complaints emanated from within? ie, soapdodgers with RM log-ins?

Dare I suggest you use another web host if that is indeed the case?

I could be completely cynical, and ask for a list of words that you don't think are acceptable to Admin, to the web hosts, or indeed the soapdodgers .............but I wont !

So we roll over and take it up the spout whenever they complain, yet, we as a support are ignored, irrespective what we are called and how much we complain? and now it would seem by a Rangers supporters website?

Now I'm sure these comments wont ingratiate myself to you Admin guys, but surely, you must see the irony in all this?

We don't know who the complaints came from, the hosts wont' disclose that kind of information. I wasn't Admin when we had trouble with these words, so i don't know the details, only that our hosts recieved complaints and were none too pleased.

I would have all of the "offending" words removed from the filter in a second, but it really isn't worth the risk. A list of these has been agreed.

We're not going to change hosts just so people can see a few words on the forum. Who's to say our new host wouldn't receive complaints and react in the same way?

I know the double-standards are disgraceful, but now we have covered our own backs we are in a position to point out the failings of the other side. I'm glad you take an interest in this mate, it is a subject which should be discussed to expose yet more hypocrisy.

Thanks - I'm up for that - would you care to elaborate?

Correctimundo - didn't you know his mate was Hellomoto? The now banned T*** lurker on RM....ooops sorry cant use that word anymore huh?

Do you ever actually post about football on here or is it just on threads like this.......

The fact a guy with a handful of posts thinks he can come on here pointing fingers or questioning how the board is run always makes me laugh.

Do you ever actually post about football on here or is it just on threads like this.......

The fact a guy with a handful of posts thinks he can come on here pointing fingers or questioning how the board is run always makes me laugh.

Ah a post counter freak huh? So if I had more posts than you I'd be more entitled to comment on this debate?

Why is it, you, and the likes of your colleague above, enter into the debate with personal insults? Do you see a weakness in the Rangers support and seek to expose it further? Most on here know what your about, and where your leanings are.

Jog on Timothy - As I've told you in the past, you and your 'colleagues from the darkside' comments mean nothing to me. Christ only knows why you are tolerated on here...

Ah a post counter freak huh? So if I had more posts than you I'd be more entitled to comment on this debate?

Why is it, you, and the likes of your colleague above, enter into the debate with personal insults? Do you see a weakness in the Rangers support and seek to expose it further? Most on here know what your about, and where your leanings are.

Jog on Timothy - As I've told you in the past, you and your 'colleagues from the darkside' comments mean nothing to me. Christ only knows why you are tolerated on here...

No comment away but you have a cheek to question the site policy when you rarely even post here. As this is a discussion board i am allowed to tell you that, it's the way these boards work if you haven't noticed.

Calling me a tim isn't an insult ? i see a weakness between your ears if that's what you think..

Calling me a tim isn't an insult ? i see a weakness between your ears if that's what you think..

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."

Edit - 99.9% it's a duck.

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."

Is this the duck your talking about mate :P ?

2s62103.jpg

Is this the duck your talking about mate :P ?

2s62103.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Belter !!

I would not tire of using him for bayonet practice ! :sherlock:

I would not tire of using him for bayonet practice ! :sherlock:

all this repressed rage on here - all the threats of violence - my goodness the Internet Hardman Club is out in force tongiht! and all this slightly homo-erotic talk of bayoneting me - kind of kinky but uncomfortable at the same time.