Lafferty

jmo21

I don't know what the management saw in him, and for the money we spent, we could have got a hell of a lot better!

They obviously did not scout Lafferty properly, and he probably played out on the left for the majority of games we watched him in, so I don't understand why they thought he could play out there, or upfront.

The guy lacks the very basics, has a poor attitude, and it doesn't look like changing. Unfortunatley we are stuck with him, as there is not a chance of any club wanting him.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a year ago thought lafferty might make it . sadly the guy just doesnt have it . after he missed his chance from fleck he crumbled and basically chucked it . reminds me of a report a mate of mine who was a spurs scout made on a guy who played with stmirren NO FOOTBALL INTELLIGENCE

4411 451 433

they all look similar, fact is, we offered nothing on the flanks and not enough help for our striker

fleck done fine(attacking mid i thought) but he had no help

there was no need yet again for thomson AND mcculloch

i dont think davis is a goalscoring midfielder, hes an industrious wee guy and papac is a defender, the team was set up wrong imo

i dont think walter trusts the lads enough to set them up to go for it

(tu)

Spot on, hate when I see this on the team sheet. You just know Davis is going to be wasted, thought he did well today though.

I don't know what the management saw in him, and for the money we spent, we could have got a hell of a lot better!

They obviously did not scout Lafferty properly, and he probably played out on the left for the majority of games we watched him in, so I don't understand why they thought he could play out there, or upfront.

The guy lacks the very basics, has a poor attitude, and it doesn't look like changing. Unfortunatley we are stuck with him, as there is not a chance of any club wanting him.

I think we could of got 1 or 2 hell of a lot better's TBH.

I think we could of got 1 or 2 hell of a lot better's TBH.

Definitely.

I still think Lafferty has something about him as a player, but time is fast running out. The one thing he needs is a run up front to build his confidence, then I believe he could start nabbing the goals. However, he isn't going to get that time with Boyd due to return (quite rightly).

His style is similar to Peter Crouch, and he didn't really become a good player until his mid twenties, so maybe he just needs that time to develop further.

That being said, he is becoming very infuriating by not challenging in the air etc (a pet hate of mine is when players 6'2" + can't win a header) and he needs to step up his game, fast.

I still think Lafferty has something about him as a player, but time is fast running out. The one thing he needs is a run up front to build his confidence, then I believe he could start nabbing the goals. However, he isn't going to get that time with Boyd due to return (quite rightly).

His style is similar to Peter Crouch, and he didn't really become a good player until his mid twenties, so maybe he just needs that time to develop further.

That being said, he is becoming very infuriating by not challenging in the air etc (a pet hate of mine is when players 6'2" + can't win a header) and he needs to step up his game, fast.

i know what you mean , mean gene :craphead:

A striker who doesn't make runs,who doesn't make angles for a pass, who never looks up,who has terrifyingly slow reactions and thought processes, is severely one footed,has no timing,no balance,slow feet and no composure in front of goals= is not a striker!

Anyone can miss a one on one chance with the keeper but it is all the very obvious failings in his game which shows that whatever he did in primary school football does not make him a striker in the professional game.

From what I can gather/what I've heard/what I've read, Lafferty's bonuses (on top of the £3.75m we paid) are appearance-related, not performance-related.

Which is a massive fucking shanner, because he could have another 50 stinking games and we'd need to pay up regardless of how he's played :(

It's all about how you go about yourself on the pitch and off it. If you are limited, work hard and try your best. Lafferty not only isn't trying his best, his attitude is rotten and his comments about Charlie Nicolas were a disgrace. What is the point of a limited player like him slagging off a player who has the goals to back up what he says and who won plenty of things in the game? We all had a little laugh at it at the start but no one is laughing with him now.

He is being laughed at now. For the mere fact he can put in these sort of performances and be able to get a bentley is just shocking. He's done nothing of note this season and i do try my best to defend him but at this moment in time, he is a complete waste of money in the long run. His attitude needs sorted out because at the moment, he is just holding the team back in all honesty.

When is his contract up anyway?

I wish Walter would just cut our losses and bench him. He has had his chance IMO and it's time for him to fuck off. His attitude stinks, he's 6'2 and jumps 5'2, his goal record is abysmal and he looks lost half the time. Just toss him already!

It's all about how you go about yourself on the pitch and off it. If you are limited, work hard and try your best. Lafferty not only isn't trying his best, his attitude is rotten and his comments about Charlie Nicolas were a disgrace. What is the point of a limited player like him slagging off a player who has the goals to back up what he says and who won plenty of things in the game? We all had a little laugh at it at the start but no one is laughing with him now.

He is being laughed at now. For the mere fact he can put in these sort of performances and be able to get a bentley is just shocking. He's done nothing of note this season and i do try my best to defend him but at this moment in time, he is a complete waste of money in the long run. His attitude needs sorted out because at the moment, he is just holding the team back in all honesty.

End of June 2011.

End of June 2011.

Not long then. :anguish:

Totally agree, his attitude stinks. Even yesterday he would just stop running if something went against him like he gave up.