Golf

kplfishtank

32 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

I started playing about 8 month ago and driver was my best club until last couple months where I've developed a major slice with my driver and it's doing my tits in. Even with my fairway woods off the deck slicing like fuck. Irons are on point though when I hit them well. Due another lesson it's so annoying. 

Go on YouTube and see how to correct a slice mate before spending money for lessons. Helped me immensely. 👍

15 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Go on YouTube and see how to correct a slice mate before spending money for lessons. Helped me immensely. 👍

Biggest problem has been watching too many YouTube videos then going to the range or playing a round and having a million thoughts on my heid but. Been trying to stay away from them tbh

£25. Good course. Alot of blind greens and some major uphills. Some holes right is out of bounds and I hit wan intae the cows haha. 

Some holes are long as fuck for someone like me who just started 9 months ago tho. Dono what level your at.

3 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

£25. Good course. Alot of blind greens and some major uphills. Some holes right is out of bounds and I hit wan intae the cows haha. 

Some holes are long as fuck for someone like me who just started 9 months ago tho. Dono what level your at.

Pretty similar, played when a was like 16-20 but never really took it serious. Started playing again last April and went baw deep. Absolutely addicted now 😂

Decent mate I might give it a whirl 👍

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Pretty similar, played when a was like 16-20 but never really took it serious. Started playing again last April and went baw deep. Absolutely addicted now 😂

Got the bug same as me.

It's relaxing as fuck as a course. Basically playing in farm grounds. Old as fuck burns and bridges in the fairways. Defo a good place for forgetting about shit, get the phone off (unless yer using 18birdies) and just play some golf.

On 04/03/2023 at 19:15, born a blue nose said:

You broke 95 yet mate?

Played the best golf I've played last weekend and felt positive as fuck about my game bar the driving. Went to a local course the day after work and couldn't hit fuck all. Missed the ball with my first drive off the tee, fatting my irons and putting like a pedo. Gave it seven holes and fucked off. 

Most frustrating game in the world. 

15 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

A would genuinely birdie the 17th. 

Mate we have a course over here called Wooden Sticks. It is built with a lot of theme holes from famous courses. It has the TPC 17th hole and Amen Corner from Augusta along with The Postage Stamp. It’s a tough course. I was able to par TPC 17, par bogies Amen Corner, and took a fucking 6 on the par 3 Postage Stamp the last time I played there. Great experience.  Planning to go back very soon. You’re right into it now as I’ve seen from your posts lately. Enjoy the ups and downs. 🤣

Player Troon Fullarton this morning which is a fucking easy course with some very short holes and had an absolute mare. Swing all over the place. Fatting it, thinning it, hooking it. Was close to fucking off home on the 14th. All this after playing the best round I ever have 2 weeks ago.

27 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Player Troon Fullarton this morning which is a fucking easy course with some very short holes and had an absolute mare. Swing all over the place. Fatting it, thinning it, hooking it. Was close to fucking off home on the 14th. All this after playing the best round I ever have 2 weeks ago.

See any rabbits on the course mate? 🤣

27 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

It's mental that man, like some sort of curse. Happens to every single golfer 😂

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

It's mental that man, like some sort of curse. Happens to every single golfer 😂

Hardest thing I've ever tried to learn in my life. I'm a plasterer and that shit was simple as fuck compared to golf. Learning to drive was a doddle compared to golf. Getting yer hole as a lad was a scoosh compared to golf. Putting coupons on while dogging school was a cakewalk compared to golf.

Hate it but love it tae

9 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Hardest thing I've ever tried to learn in my life. I'm a plasterer and that shit was simple as fuck compared to golf. Learning to drive was a doddle compared to golf. Getting yer hole as a lad was a scoosh compared to golf. Putting coupons on while dogging school was a cakewalk compared to golf.

Hate it but love it tae

It's the 3/4 great shots you hit a round that get you back, because in your head you think it's possible to hit them more regularly 😂

Definitely a game you need to put the time n effort into if you want to get to a half decent standard. I'm going to absolutely hammer it this summer man. 

Boy that a play withs just got a Garmin r10 set up out the backdoor too 2secs from ma house so I'll be up there if am not at the range/course getting the numbers dialed in. 

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

It's the 3/4 great shots you hit a round that get you back, because in your head you think it's possible to hit them more regularly 😂

Definitely a game you need to put the time n effort into if you want to get to a half decent standard. I'm going to absolutely hammer it this summer man. 

Boy that a play withs just got a Garmin r10 set up out the backdoor too 2secs from ma house so I'll be up there if am not at the range/course getting the numbers dialed in. 

I'm the opposite tbh I finish a round and think about all the shit shots and contemplate quitting haha. I know you should focus on the positives. 

I'm the same hoping to hammer it in the summer. Really want to get fitted clubs cos I'm 6'5 and feel like the club's I have don't fit me. I'm leaning over like fuck trying to hit a wedge look like an upside down L.

That's brilliant you have a good practice area btw could just hammer shots for ages.