Fresh bid for Rangers

Also, if a deal of less than full repayment is done with the bank, does anyone believe that Liewell wouldn't try to attack us under SPL Rule A6.8, with particular reference to the definition of "Insolvency Event"? Whether he would succeed I'd need to defer to the lawyers. I'd like to think that prospective purchasers have already taken advice on this matter; but I hae ma doots.

If it's just a commercial transaction then I doubt that Liewell or the SPL could do anything about it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i fear this could go on for a while yet,no sane person is going to invest in a club playing in the spl,it might even take years to resolve,and i can see murray comming back at some stage,after all it was him who got us in this mess,he may feel he has something to prove !!!

I actually think we could turn a profit if well run. A good businessman would see the opportunity.

Nae cunts going to by Rangers. You dirty smelly we inbred H**,homless alcoholic junkie of man.

Come and take a look at our big cup. 1967. History can't be bought and it wont.

Another thick Mick strikes again....it's BYE not BY and Homeless..you forgot the e ya beggin bastard.

Hope Keane breaks his leg the night....

It's actually buy. :lol:

:lol:

The time that has taken for a white knight to coming to our aid must now call into question if they would be buy the club for the right reasons. It now looks like our only way of getting out of this hole will be through Walter having success on the park and of course with the supporters help.

In the event that we clear or partially clear our debt we would then obvious become a more attractive prospect for some fat barstewart to exploit the situation therefore I think we will see very little change until the end of the season

i fear this could go on for a while yet,no sane person is going to invest in a club playing in the spl,it might even take years to resolve,and i can see murray comming back at some stage,after all it was him who got us in this mess,he may feel he has something to prove !!!

I actually think we could turn a profit if well run. A good businessman would see the opportunity.

Some cunts going to buy Rangers.take that from a dirty smelly we inbred f*nian,homless alcoholic junkie of man.

Come and take a look at our big cup. 1967.

History can't be bought but the silence of wee youth players that have been tampered with can.

I might as well ask seeing as I don't really know much about subjects like this. Does the offer of 60p in the pound mean that they can't afford to offer more or because they're trying to get the best deal possible?

I'm assuming by your :power_of_anguish: that it's more likely the former but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Rangers are solvent. They have agreed a business plan with the bank that requires the borrowing to reduce by £1m per year. The bank in the meantime receive interest. Rangers have so far been able to adhere to the business plan without selling major assets like Davis, Bougie, McGregor, Boyd, or Murray Park. A league win this year with the subsequent CL money will stabalise the position further. So there seems little risk that the bank won't receive all their money, albeit eventually. Furthermore, I see no evidence of the fabled 60p in the pound deals for comparable, solvent businesses and the bank is certainly not going to want to set a precedent among football clubs.

Also, if a deal of less than full repayment is done with the bank, does anyone believe that Liewell wouldn't try to attack us under SPL Rule A6.8, with particular reference to the definition of "Insolvency Event"? Whether he would succeed I'd need to defer to the lawyers. I'd like to think that prospective purchasers have already taken advice on this matter; but I hae ma doots.

Finally, there has been much speculation of the bank's price being the amount of the debt and that gets you the shares as well. Bottom line is that none of us know that for sure. Do you think that SDM would not then fight for a price for his shares also? Every day that passes is another day that SDM/MIH/PPG's position may improve. Will SDM survive? Who knows. Could SDM survive? It's possible.

Taking all that into account I am surprised that any prospective bidders can have any reason for believing an offer of 60p in the pound would even be taken seriously by the bank. The unseemly, behind-the-scenes games that some prospective bidders are playing with OUR club are a disgrace. I sense that there are many more than just me wishing to see either the colour of their money, or the back of their Bentley as they drive off into the sunset, and leave us in peace until we win the league.

Many thanks for that BOSS, it helps us non-financial minded people to read the views of someone who is. (tu)

If it's just a commercial transaction then I doubt that Liewell or the SPL could do anything about it.

It would be a commercial transaction which had a similar effect to a CVA. Read the definition of "Insolvency Event" and then tell me that Liewell wouldn't try it.

Nae cunts going to by Rangers. You dirty smelly we inbred H**,homless alcoholic junkie of man.

Come and take a look at our big cup. 1967. History can't be bought and it wont.

Another thick Mick strikes again....it's BYE not BY and Homeless..you forgot the e ya beggin bastard.

Hope Keane breaks his leg the night....

It's actually buy. :lol:

Ahahahaha :lol:

I might as well ask seeing as I don't really know much about subjects like this. Does the offer of 60p in the pound mean that they can't afford to offer more or because they're trying to get the best deal possible?

I'm assuming by your :power_of_anguish: that it's more likely the former but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Rangers are solvent. They have agreed a business plan with the bank that requires the borrowing to reduce by £1m per year. The bank in the meantime receive interest. Rangers have so far been able to adhere to the business plan without selling major assets like Davis, Bougie, McGregor, Boyd, or Murray Park. A league win this year with the subsequent CL money will stabalise the position further. So there seems little risk that the bank won't receive all their money, albeit eventually. Furthermore, I see no evidence of the fabled 60p in the pound deals for comparable, solvent businesses and the bank is certainly not going to want to set a precedent among football clubs.

Finally, there has been much speculation of the bank's price being the amount of the debt and that gets you the shares as well. Bottom line is that none of us know that for sure. Do you think that SDM would not then fight for a price for his shares also? Every day that passes is another day that SDM/MIH/PPG's position may improve. Will SDM survive? Who knows. Could SDM survive? It's possible.

Taking all that into account I am surprised that any prospective bidders can have any reason for believing an offer of 60p in the pound would even be taken seriously by the bank. The unseemly, behind-the-scenes games that some prospective bidders are playing with OUR club are a disgrace. I sense that there are many more than just me wishing to see either the colour of their money, or the back of their Bentley as they drive off into the sunset, and leave us in peace until we win the league.

I can't help but get the impression that the bank are in no hurry at all to sell Rangers, they are getting their repayments, they have no reason to accept a low bid for the club. Obviously this situation can't go on forever, my guess would be that something will happen in the summer.

It is well known within banking circles that Lloyds dont like football clubs. They would be happy with a decent offer to get Rangers off their books. However they will not accept the first silly offer that comes along and would be happy enough to continue with the status quo i.e. we dont increase the debt and actually work on reducing it.

so much for all this talk (on Clyde) that it would be all be done and dusted in January

derek johnston has banged on about this for most of the season. and it hasnt happened.

Wat happens if/when we are bought over and the new owner clears the debt down to zero overdraft. Does this mean we will never have an overdraft ever again with the bank? Basically wud we only spend money that we actually do hav, ie not borrowed in away way. Personally I think rangers shud change banks after this debt is cleared, Lloyd are wankers

Wat happens if/when we are bought over and the new owner clears the debt down to zero overdraft. Does this mean we will never have an overdraft ever again with the bank? Basically wud we only spend money that we actually do hav, ie not borrowed in away way. Personally I think rangers shud change banks after this debt is cleared, Lloyd are wankers

It's unlikely, it makes sense to operate with an overdraft facility. In a backwater league like the SPL, borrowing within our means is the only short-medium term option we have.

Also why are Lloyds wankers? Any bank is going to want their money back.