Fresh bid for Rangers

Dont beleive a word of it, more attention seeking from op.

I assume GCL is basing his information on that posted by a fairly reliable poster on FF.

All interesting information which is useful but I'm sure he'd agree this information would be better appreciated coming from the consortium itself.

I wouldn't expect the second bid to realise a sale at this stage unfortunately.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i fear this could go on for a while yet,no sane person is going to invest in a club playing in the spl,it might even take years to resolve,and i can see murray comming back at some stage,after all it was him who got us in this mess,he may feel he has something to prove !!!

I actually think we could turn a profit if well run. A good businessman would see the opportunity.

i agree,we should be run along the lines of Ajax spotting talent early getting 4-5 seasons out of them and then selling on to england for proper fees not the silly amounts we have let players go for in past...ie....adam,mckormack,burke,furman,n"guessan,efram,and others...

i fear this could go on for a while yet,no sane person is going to invest in a club playing in the spl,it might even take years to resolve,and i can see murray comming back at some stage,after all it was him who got us in this mess,he may feel he has something to prove !!!

I actually think we could turn a profit if well run. A good businessman would see the opportunity.

i agree,we should be run along the lines of Ajax spotting talent early getting 4-5 seasons out of them and then selling on to england for proper fees not the silly amounts we have let players go for in past...ie....adam,mckormack,burke,furman,n"guessan,efram,and others...

not one of the players you mentioned play in the epl also i would like to think rangers to keep top players

GCL has a journo friend i believe and he broke the Tennents sponsorship news,so i won't dismiss this.

I wont dismiss eitha, as GCL has posted some good stuff in the last couple of months, however i will watch this very closely

GCL, do you know if duffy has the clout to make it work mate? im not meaning £8mill signings etc, just maybe let smith/any manager we have see some money and take on the debt we have? any info greatly appreciated

none were good enough

GCL has a journo friend i believe and he broke the Tennents sponsorship news,so i won't dismiss this.

I wont dismiss eitha, as GCL has posted some good stuff in the last couple of months, however i will watch this very closely

GCL, do you know if duffy has the clout to make it work mate? im not meaning £8mill signings etc, just maybe let smith/any manager we have see some money and take on the debt we have? any info greatly appreciated

Yes and to be fair GCL also said that he doesn't believe anything will come of it, just that a bid will be made.

Yes and to be fair GCL also said that he doesn't believe anything will come of it, just that a bid will be made.

i think like all decent business men should do is test the water, see what the bank/club whoever the fucks in charge have to say after the first formal bid is made. Can never recall a club being sold after the 1st bid

none were good enough

i agree with that but still sold far too cheap....the other mob got a million for robson forfuxsake!! and just watch what the get for brown,boric,and mcgeady when the go on summer....the only deal we have done where we got the going rate was hutton!!

none were good enough

i agree with that but still sold far too cheap....the other mob got a million for robson forfuxsake!! and just watch what the get for brown,boric,and mcgeady when the go on summer....the only deal we have done where we got the going rate was hutton!!

You really think that was the going rate for Hutton? :BELM:

We did excellent business concerning Hutton. What's your idea of the going rate for the rest of our squad?

Is Duffy no the one that wanted all of us to chip in £1000?

yes i think it was to me thats a non starter i belive we already pay enough a season.season ticket for me and my son and 3 strips to boot and this guy is asking for more i personally think it's a non starter a bit of research on this guy and personlly i think he looks like a dodgy charachter but that's just my opinion. lastly it would piss me off if a new buyer strolls in after the transfer window is shut surely if you really wanted to buy rangers you would have tried your best to take over early in the transfer window help walter strengthen the team and make sure we won the championship speculate to acumulate.

Is Duffy no the one that wanted all of us to chip in £1000?

yes i think it was to me thats a non starter i belive we already pay enough a season.season ticket for me and my son and 3 strips to boot and this guy is asking for more i personally think it's a non starter a bit of research on this guy and personlly i think he looks like a dodgy charachter but that's just my opinion. lastly it would piss me off if a new buyer strolls in after the transfer window is shut surely if you really wanted to buy rangers you would have tried your best to take over early in the transfer window help walter strengthen the team and make sure we won the championship speculate to acumulate.

If Duffy is that guy, then it's a non starter for me. He ain't the guy to take us forward (td)

If some consortium has bid 60p in the pound then :power_of_anguish:

I might as well ask seeing as I don't really know much about subjects like this. Does the offer of 60p in the pound mean that they can't afford to offer more or because they're trying to get the best deal possible?

I'm assuming by your :power_of_anguish: that it's more likely the former but I thought I'd ask anyway.

If some consortium has bid 60p in the pound then :power_of_anguish:

I might as well ask seeing as I don't really know much about subjects like this. Does the offer of 60p in the pound mean that they can't afford to offer more or because they're trying to get the best deal possible?

I'm assuming by your :power_of_anguish: that it's more likely the former but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'd assume they're trying to get the club for as cheap as possible in order to retain as much funds as possible for club investment after the purchase.

Hence the banners we've seen lately and the AGM lack of support for Donald Muir - all exercises in apportioning pressure on the bank to try and gain an artificially low price for the club.

I'd assume they're trying to get the club for as cheap as possible in order to retain as much funds as possible for club investment after the purchase.

Hence the banners we've seen lately and the AGM lack of support for Donald Muir - all exercises in apportioning pressure on the bank to try and gain an artificially low price for the club.

Cheers.

Do the bank want to get a pound in the pound? Is there any idea how low they will go?

Cheers.

Do the bank want to get a pound in the pound? Is there any idea how low they will go?

I have no idea but given their financial commitments to other clubs and the fact we're not in administration, I doubt they'll go much lower than their asking price which is allegedly £31million - the reported debt of the club at June 2009.