Your First Rangers Game?

cagian

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

icb: I was at that game my best mate & his dad were Motherwell Supporters we stood at passage way 13 ,when the half-time scores came through there was hundreds of Rangers fans leaving the ground (no it was not the Subway Loyal). Then as a game ended the big doors at each end of the grounds some times 15 to 20 mins be for the end were opened ,as folk left a lot of young boys would run in to see then of the game.The day that the " Thistle " gubbed the tic , there was a lot of blue noses at the Hampden that day. Great memoirs!

CRAIGBOY9: I remember that, " a ten year old greeting !" I was in the main stand 39 year old greeting went home went to bed ,no Sunday papers ,phoned in sick Monday morning . I know I was a big baby ,but I care what happens to our team.

IBROX= Rangers v Dundee ,1979 i think ,it was not long before we signed Ian Redford from them ,cant remember the score although i think we won 2-0

ian redford. he was my favourite player at the time. my mates normally laugh at that, as he played with some great players at the time like cooper and bobby russell, but for some reason i prefered redford. i bet there are a few guys on here that wont even remember him.

I don't actually remember it, I was about 6 and it was in the old stadium. I was with my dad and my brother and I only remember being amazed with the size of the place and the amount of people so I think i must have spent the day crowd watching.

27th Oct 1973 Rangers 4 Hibs 0 in the league.Sandy Jardine scored 2 penalties and Conn and Greig got the others.This is the first game i can remember being at as i was 7 years old.My old man said i was at games before this but i can't remember.

Later in life there were other games i can't remember being at but that was due to bevvy.

Was Ally McCoist's testimonial. We got beat 2-1 off Newcastle but I loved it. I think Ally was on his crutches at the time too. Must have been 94/95 or something?

I think his testimonial was in 1993. He broke his leg that year playing for Scotland against Portugal.

My first Rangers game was at Ibrox in 1976. Can't remember who it was against but we won 1-0 and I missed the goal as I couldn't see over the guy in front of me. Someone also swiped my tammy off my head on the way out. He was promptly swiped by my dad and said tammy was returned intact.

IBROX= Rangers v Dundee ,1979 i think ,it was not long before we signed Ian Redford from them ,cant remember the score although i think we won 2-0

ian redford. he was my favourite player at the time. my mates normally laugh at that, as he played with some great players at the time like cooper and bobby russell, but for some reason i prefered redford. i bet there are a few guys on here that wont even remember him.

Thank's for reminding me im gettin on in years

Mine was 1991 I think. We beat St Mirren 5-1 at Ibrox, I think it might have been Kuznetzovs debut (not sure), I remember McCoist got a couple, Mo got one, Walters got one and can't remember the 5th.

Welcome to the forum. :uk:

WB you were 21 at your 1st game..you are 2yrs younger than me

Conflicting stories about how my ma took me to Ibrox when I was only months old. The first Rangers game I remember was when John Brown scored at the Piggery. 3-1 I believe.

January 1st 1992.

Home game vs Levski Sofia September 1993, bunked off school for the afternoon to travel down to Glasgow from up north for it.

15th September 1993

My first one was dundee at home, Dundee won 2-1 all i can remember was my hero at the time Albertz scoring. Then my second one was a 3-0 win for Kilmarnock.

Not a happy start to my trips to Ibrox.

28th November 1999 and 28th October 2000.

1970. Lost 2-0 to Morton at Ibrox.Close to last game of the season.League was already gone! Joe Mason scored one of their goals.God,the things your memory bank holds on to!

It was actually the last game of the season.

18th April 1970.

1957 We beat Hearts 5-3, I remember being in tears when Hearts went ahead early on but at the end of the game my big day was perfect.

It was actually 56 but you were close :pipe:

15th December 1956.

Hubbard, Davis, Simpson and Murray x2 were the scorers that day!

:uk:

Conflicting stories about how my ma took me to Ibrox when I was only months old. The first Rangers game I remember was when John Brown scored at the Piggery. 3-1 I believe.

January 1st 1992.

Home game vs Levski Sofia September 1993, bunked off school for the afternoon to travel down to Glasgow from up north for it.

15th September 1993

My first one was dundee at home, Dundee won 2-1 all i can remember was my hero at the time Albertz scoring. Then my second one was a 3-0 win for Kilmarnock.

1970. Lost 2-0 to Morton at Ibrox.Close to last game of the season.League was already gone! Joe Mason scored one of their goals.God,the things your memory bank holds on to!

18th April 1970.

1957 We beat Hearts 5-3, I remember being in tears when Hearts went ahead early on but at the end of the game my big day was perfect.

15th December 1956.

Very knowledgeable :D

27th October 1973 Ibrox, I was 6.

My Grandfather took me, we beat Hibs 4- 0

Think Jardine got 2

My grandfather had been to a Rangers player's dance the year before and got me the

autographs of the whole 72 cup winners cup squad, still have it!

In 1954 when I was 7 years old - cant quite remember the opposition. I think it was either Hibs or East Fife.

Seen so many great games since then! All over the country. Now reside in the US and watch most games on Rangers Live or with the DC NARSA club in Arlington, VA at Summers Restaurant. They are a great bunch of guys. Introduced TexasGer to them a few months ago. Another true blue.

Shit you're even older than me. My first was in 1960 against Aberdeen. My uncle took me to the game I was 12 years old.

I now live in Australia and watch the matches on Setanta and follow on the official website and on here.

January 1st 1992.

15th September 1993

18th April 1970.

15th December 1956.

Thanks, yes that was the game; a belated birthday treat.