Bougherra Barca bound?!

Boab

already answered that question, check my previous posts :P

but just to save ur time, YES i'll, Rangers would always be my fav team in SPL :)

hope u'll too continue to support Algeria even if boogie has to leave :)

Yes, funnily enough I've grown attached to them. I will look for their results from now on.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His agent is stirring things up but I am actually confident he might stay or sign a new deal if we get champions league football next year... unless of course an offer comes in that we cannot deny for obvious reasons (unreal money)

Now im a big fan of Bougy but Barcelona class.. Dont thinkso! Bougherra on top form would be good enough for the likes of Tottenham, Aston Villa etc. I still dont think hes that good that he could get into the Arsenals and Liverpools, just my opinion though :)

Taken from today's Evening Times.

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra has been assured he is good enough to play for Barcelona.

Spanish midfield star Xavi – one of the leading players at the Nou Camp – says the Ibrox stopper caught his eye during the Africa Cup of Nations as well as that of scouts from the La Liga giants.

Bougherra has been linked with a move to Barca at the end of the season and Xavi said: “Bougherra would be able to play for us.

“I watched some of Algeria’s matches on TV and was surprised by his work. He defends very well but is also strong going forward.

“That’s exactly the style of play Pep Guardiola likes.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/rangers-stars-have-to-avoid-yellow-peril-1.1006943

Will be interesting to see if there is actually anything in this? Madjid Bougherra certainly wouldn't look out of place in a top La Liga side.

I find myself sitting asking myself: "Why can Bougherra NOT play for Barcelona, on top form at least?"

On current form, I'd have him before Dmytro Chygrynskiy any day of the week!

Without reading the rest of it, why not indeed?

As for the story, I for one dont mind this at all. I FAR prefer hearing stories about teams such as Barca alledgedly sniffing after our players, for sums in millions, rather than seeing the usual shite about championship clubs and a few hundred k like we are used to.

At the same time, if he does go, I dont think I could blame him. Barca are probably one of the few teams in the world that would be very hard to resist as a player, and, again, as above, just compare these

Cuellar - to Aston Villa

Boogie - to Barca

One is purely money, the other you can understand

<!--quoteo(post=1057693926:date=Feb 12 2010, 11:39 PM:name=Boab)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boab @ Feb 12 2010, 11:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1057693926"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bougherra, 27, returned from international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations to be told Barcelona were interested in signing him.

It's a move which would have any player licking his lips.

But Bougy has played down talk he's on his way out of Ibrox at the end of the season - to the Nou Camp or anywhere else.

He insisted: "When we win the championship we will speak then.

"In football you want to play at the best level you can so when you hear speculation about you it is good. You work hard and to hear things like that is good for any player. I played in the Africa Cup and did my best for my country, and I represent Rangers here.

"I know if I do well for Rangers and my country that's good for me.

"But I have two years left on my contract and I don't know what will happen.

Advertisement

"Maybe I will sign a new contract here, maybe I stay for the two years, or maybe I will go. You don't know in football.

"I want to win the title for Rangers and they will get the Champions League money which is better for me and for the club.

"Honestly, in my head at the moment I can't say. I want to stay and I can't think about leaving Ibrox.

"We know there are financial problems, but most of the players are still here - only Pedro has gone.

"I'm very confident as this is a big club and I think a new owner will come in."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2852108/These-guys-wont-crack.html" target="_blank">http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...wont-crack.html</a>

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Interesting

Good lad! haha