'The squad will be decimated'

Boab

wages reduced again with the exit of Pedro and Rothen

we haven't bought anyone for three windows only shed players

we have some CL money so surely the debt has been reduced a bit

the worrying thing is though there doesn't seem to be a white knight in sight so I think this is why the scary rumours are multiplying

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who think that we'll lose just two players in the summer have a harsh reality check on the way!

aye but what players will we lose papa

lose shagger, alexander becomes number 1, still SPL class easily

lose boughie after a storming world cup, wilson and a.n.other bosman buy comes in, walt knows a CB when he sees one

lose boyd.............................. still to be decided

lose davis.............................. will at least get our money back if he keeps up his form

other players are expendable, beasley, thommo, edu, novo, broadfoot, all these players have replacements in the youth team that everyone keeps touting for a first team slot

the protracted fire sale in january didnt happen, so who's to say in the summer when we REDUCE our debt it will be worse?

True to a point, except the point about Bosmans - if we sell Boughie he wont be replaced by a Bosman - he will be replaced by Andy Webster. And money we get in from transfers will go to the bank - thats why this is a crisis

for what it is worth, we would still win the league without bougie, wilson will have that bit more experience and fleck alike, im sure they could easily step up for regular first team footy, the worry for me is weir aint gonna be able to play too much of a part, maybe wee games but the way things are going there are more harder games of late than the latter. i think walter will go down a loanee route for players and since we will have champions league group stage to deal with i feel this would be the most viable and attractive option, and walter did say that after spleano went to the scum for a loan that this is the route we may have to go down, seems more viable to me

you seen to be working on the assumption that WS will still be here after the summer.

All season he has bemoaned that lack of signings and the poor depth of dquad, why would he want to continue that.

I think we will have either McCoist or a lower level manager in the ne season, someone who will be more aquiescent to the new financial reality that Rangers will live under.

for what it is worth, we would still win the league without bougie, wilson will have that bit more experience and fleck alike, im sure they could easily step up for regular first team footy, the worry for me is weir aint gonna be able to play too much of a part, maybe wee games but the way things are going there are more harder games of late than the latter. i think walter will go down a loanee route for players and since we will have champions league group stage to deal with i feel this would be the most viable and attractive option, and walter did say that after spleano went to the scum for a loan that this is the route we may have to go down, seems more viable to me

Assuming that mr Muir sanctions the wages for any loan deals....

Assuming that One director has control over the rest of the Directors ;)

shouldnt assume, u know the meaning of the word, when you are wrong to assume summit it means making an ass of u and me, bit oh knowledge for you folks

shouldnt assume, u know the meaning of the word, when you are wrong to assume summit it means making an ass of u and me, bit oh knowledge for you folks

Jesus! You are quoting Jerry Springer?

i'm afraid wasting money on fees and wages on guys like Lafferty, Velicka, Webster, Rothen doesn't help, especially Lafferty, a signing they are still paying installments for :(

the entire club is in a state of disarray and everyone is at fault, the club needs a buyer now before things get significantly worse, along with a chairman that can direct the club better in the long term.

David Murray may be a successful businessman but he doesn't seem a smart one. When you reduce a club's debt significantly the last thing you do is throw £30m at a manager to sign players and go back to square one, every signing should have been stringently scrutinised to make sure they were right for the club. One game has put us in the dire predicament we're in - Kaunas. We can't recoup the money that was spent on players that season, some that have been average or below average in performance and contribution.

I can`t believe all the dunderheeds on here with the " It`s all doom , the sky`s going to fall on our head mentality "

1. We have to reduce our debt by £1M / year . FACT ! stevie smith of the wages will save at least £500k.

2. there will be NO fire sale. If the bank had wanted there money ( although there is a deal in place with club and bank ) they would have sold players in the last transfer window.

3. Walter Smith dropped the last bomb on purpose because he got told he was sanctioned to bring in a loan player on £41k/week then it got pulled.

4. The Banks do not run our club . FACT ! anyone who say`s so is wrong.( how many times do you have to be told this for it to sink in ?) its only the tims who bring this up to makeus look skint. ( they have a £20m loan from dermot desmond they have still to repay )

5.We have a more expensive team on the park than celtic . so why will or should we struggle next year.

6. our problem is DAVID MURRAY / MIH FACT ! thats why our club isn`t sold yet.

In the summer we might sell bougie / mcgregor but only for good money . £7M+ each. ( why wouldn`t we ?) money will then be spent on the team.

and please I don`t want to hear it will all go to the bank. blah , blah , blah . NO it will not ! we have to reduce our debt by £1M / year end of story !

If WE decide to cut back our debt a bit more fine but that will be up to us. If we do then we will be a better option to buy. which in turn would be a new owner who would want to spend on new players. so it`s a win / win situation.

think number 3 there needs re-thinking buddy

why would I have to rethink number 3 ?

thats why smith said it.

he got shafted on a loan move coming in . it was for 42k or 52k / week player. my guess the guy from inter.

Smith should actually shut up . He brought the whole vib right down with his crap statement.

celtic just lost and we were buzzing then bang we go flat because of him. just plain stupid.

I don`t care if smith goes in the summer . he is not working miracles . we have a more expensive team on the pitch than them so we should be winning the league . If we lose it , it will be because of poor management . he just rolls out the poverty line to make himself look good now. he spent a fortune on the players we have now . we didn`t need new players because he bought so many in the past. of which most were rubbish.

If we could get billy davies I`d have him tomorrow . yes you tend not to win every game but to be honest we should , apart from old firm games .

just because other teams spent 200k in the winter transfer window doesn`t make them better than us . we spent about £20M 2 years ago.