'The squad will be decimated'

Boab

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thebank maybe alot of things but they are not stupid therefore they will not demand all players sold to reduce the debt. However what they may ask is that some players are sold and replaced with cheaper ones like Boogie sold for a profit and a % used for his replacement etc.

my take on this is rangers need to be very careful here

its all well saying we will lose a lot of top players but what incentive does this give to season ticket holders and box holders

do we really think that everyone will take out a season book to watch inferior players at the same price or worse still even more money

In all my years of ticket buying I never once 'looked at the menu' to paraphrase some twat or other. I always knew I was going to see The Rangers and that's what I always got. That was enough in itself. I shouldn't have to state that of course I wanted to see the best football.

The outlook you allude to would be similar to that of the thousands who took a hike in the early eighties. I can't attend much at all now since I moved to France, but when I can I will no matter who's playing for us. The Rangers isn't a hobby.

Though the streets be broad and narrrow!

:21:

sadly in this day and age of downsizing following us is a hobby

what youve wrote sounds good but in all honesty you dont really believe that

i remember the eighties and i will remember our next barren spell but its a fact of life that others will look to other forms of entertainment

if season book sales do go down then fairweather fans will pick and choose games accordingly(at the moment only old firm games are sold out)

look at our semi final last week we had less than 16,000 fans at hampden yet come the final we wont have a public sale why is that?

its all well saying we will lose a lot of top players but what incentive does this give to season ticket holders and box holders

do we really think that everyone will take out a season book to watch inferior players at the same price or worse still even more money

In all my years of ticket buying I never once 'looked at the menu' to paraphrase some twat or other. I always knew I was going to see The Rangers and that's what I always got. That was enough in itself. I shouldn't have to state that of course I wanted to see the best football.

The outlook you allude to would be similar to that of the thousands who took a hike in the early eighties. I can't attend much at all now since I moved to France, but when I can I will no matter who's playing for us. The Rangers isn't a hobby.

Its 'straits' be broad or narrow.

And anyone who decides to stay away because whoever is in charge of the purse strings is basically tearing the team up to shreds has every right to do so.

This isn't a question of loyalty.

:lol:

I think the OP meant "decimated".

More bollocks by the hacks. Apparently Walter and Boyd were to be gone in January. Didnt happen.

heh, yeah he did mean that I'm sure but I'm also sure Manti will be along shortly to say 'decimated' is used incorrectly too :pipe:

People who think that we'll lose just two players in the summer have a harsh reality check on the way!

aye but what players will we lose papa

lose shagger, alexander becomes number 1, still SPL class easily

lose boughie after a storming world cup, wilson and a.n.other bosman buy comes in, walt knows a CB when he sees one

lose boyd.............................. still to be decided

lose davis.............................. will at least get our money back if he keeps up his form

other players are expendable, beasley, thommo, edu, novo, broadfoot, all these players have replacements in the youth team that everyone keeps touting for a first team slot

the protracted fire sale in january didnt happen, so who's to say in the summer when we REDUCE our debt it will be worse?

Well said Moses.

I'll tell you what, they can put fucking Little Jack Horner up front and a blind thalidomide in goals next season BUT I'LL ALWAYS BE THERE!!!!!!

Here we go again, who do we believe.

Facts that we are aware of.

We need to pay 1 million a year off the debt, i would presume we need to cover the interest payment then the 1 million which could mean a couple of million depending on interest agreed. We have been told that we didnt need to sell more players as we were trading well.

As for the rumours, yes there may be no smoke without fire but i refuse to believe some of this shit. They must be sitting in the boardroom to know all this, i reckon its more like the bored room where they make things up out of boredom.

We sit 10 points and 20 goals ahead of the scottish barcelona and have a management team in place that have motivated a very ordinary pool of players into this position.

Lets deal with winning the league and getting into the champions league first then worry about the issues that may arise in the future, the team and club needs the backing now on the pitch. I know that the future of Rangers will never be a worry because the fans will step up to the plate and save the club.

I have no worries about our club and its future, we are the people.

What fucking hacks me off is the fact that people from the club continually go on about the financial situation - we all know its bad so why does Smith have to come out again just last week and remind us. Other supporters thrive on it and all it does is make other teams think Rangers are easy pickings.

What fucking hacks me off is the fact that people from the club continually go on about the financial situation - we all know its bad so why does Smith have to come out again just last week and remind us. Other supporters thrive on it and all it does is make other teams think Rangers are easy pickings.

Dont get complacent lads, if Watty is coming out with things IT WILL BE FOR GOOD REASON he's way too clever for anything else.

Yes your right to cite that we are 10pts clear etc but what about next year?

Will you be happy to be 10pts or more behind the Earls this time next year?

There is only so much Watty can do and of course he is doing a sterling job at the moment IMO.

But if we sell Boogy Shagger etc over the Summer and nobody comes in, well .....................

If we sit back and say nothing now we're fucked for next season

It's straights. Thanks.

I cant believe Bears on here are getting all panicy at the stab-in-the-dark predictions of another desperate hack

Hang your heads :disappointment:

We're turning a 5 million profit in the Summer - so why should that mean we be selling all our players? <cr>

We will sell our at least one of our best players.

Maybe more.

As Churchill once said - We have nothing to fear but fear itself - we will never surrender and that is true. Struth said we may have our dark days but they will only serve to make us stronger. We are the champions and we welcome the chase. We are Rangers.

Look forward with pride not with fear.

I cant believe Bears on here are getting all panicy at the stab-in-the-dark predictions of another desperate hack

We're turning a 5 million profit in the Summer - so why should that mean we be selling all our players? <cr>

Maybe more.

Why? Are Lloyd's not going to be satisfied with a £5 million profit? Who are you to answer that question?

Walter's "outburst" can't be taken at face value. It can be interpreted in many ways.

Maybe more.

is this fact or your opinion? :rolleyes:

As Churchill once said - We have nothing to fear but fear itself - we will never surrender and that is true. Struth said we may have our dark days but they will only serve to make us stronger. We are the champions and we welcome the chase. We are Rangers.

Look forward with pride not with fear.

That was FDR :ph34r: