'The squad will be decimated'

Boab

I cant believe Bears on here are getting all panicy at the stab-in-the-dark predictions of another desperate hack

Hang your heads :disappointment:

We're turning a 5 million profit in the Summer - so why should that mean we be selling all our players? <cr>

We will sell our at least one of our best players.

Maybe more.

is this fact or your opinion? :rolleyes:

I think its pretty obvious is it not?

Also came from a journalist I speak to regularly, says he has it from a good source that a number of players will be sold.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe Bears on here are getting all panicy at the stab-in-the-dark predictions of another desperate hack

We're turning a 5 million profit in the Summer - so why should that mean we be selling all our players? <cr>

Maybe more.

Also came from a journalist I speak to regularly, says he has it from a good source that a number of players will be sold.

i tend not to believe sports journos as 75% of stories they print are bullshit

thats not fact thats just my opinion (tu)

Maybe more.

i tend not to believe sports journos as 75% of stories they print are bullshit

thats not fact thats just my opinion (tu)

75% Is a conservative estimate of bullshit printed, i reckon its not too far off the three figure mark.

As Churchill once said - We have nothing to fear but fear itself - we will never surrender and that is true. Struth said we may have our dark days but they will only serve to make us stronger. We are the champions and we welcome the chase. We are Rangers.

Look forward with pride not with fear.

That was FDR :ph34r:

Well it kinda brought him around. We did win the war together.

Fuck sake this is the same radio station that predicted a takeover every month for the last year. Ignore this shite everyone till the end of the season. Let us all concentrate on what we are good at......WINNING TROPHIES.

Rangers debt is not great but you put that against what we own ie the stadium Murray park etc, its manageable, the banks are in crisis they need money to fend of the government or they take over the banks.

Football down south is in turmoil with almost all championship and epl teams spending like a teenage girl with her first credit card.

When that pack of cards folds what we are going through will seem like a grazed knee not open heart surgery.

Darryl King has been going on for a year now kidden on he knows everything about Rangers and our financial troubles, every single thing he's said hasn't had an ounce of truth in it, he's a nugget to say the least

Darryl King has been going on for a year now kidden on he knows everything about Rangers and our financial troubles, every single thing he's said hasn't had an ounce of truth in it, he's a nugget to say the least

Just waiting for that clown to bring the exclusive news that a Nigerian money man is setting up a supporters buy out and all we need to do to save the club is give all our bank details.

No player in our squad has said he wants to go anywhere, the only people who say that are the doom and gloom merchants on this forum (of which there are plenty ! ), until somebody comes out and says they want away, which wont be until the end of season anyway, i would say to all true supporters, lets get behind the team and win this league, to the rest, SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!

i listened to the broadcast. he said there will be a firea'fire sale'. when pushed by peter martin to justify his stance, King stated, with all his journalistic integrity and years of investagatie reporting ... 'it just will ... we all know it !!!.

how is that for substantive reporting ???

my take on this is rangers need to be very careful here

its all well saying we will lose a lot of top players but what incentive does this give to season ticket holders and box holders

do we really think that everyone will take out a season book to watch inferior players at the same price or worse still even more money

In all my years of ticket buying I never once 'looked at the menu' to paraphrase some twat or other. I always knew I was going to see The Rangers and that's what I always got. That was enough in itself. I shouldn't have to state that of course I wanted to see the best football.

The outlook you allude to would be similar to that of the thousands who took a hike in the early eighties. I can't attend much at all now since I moved to France, but when I can I will no matter who's playing for us. The Rangers isn't a hobby.

Though the streets be broad and narrrow!

:21:

Its 'straits' be broad or narrow.

And anyone who decides to stay away because whoever is in charge of the purse strings is basically tearing the team up to shreds has every right to do so.

This isn't a question of loyalty.

Amazing - last time I mentioned those lyrics someone else corrected me - and they disagreed with your version. Pedantic nit-pickers wire right in.

Of course folk can stay away and return as they see fit. I offered my opinion on how I feel about it.

KPL is probably right in his assessment. But I've been following The Rangers for so long that I've seen this before and hoped that I'd never see it again.

its all well saying we will lose a lot of top players but what incentive does this give to season ticket holders and box holders

do we really think that everyone will take out a season book to watch inferior players at the same price or worse still even more money

In all my years of ticket buying I never once 'looked at the menu' to paraphrase some twat or other. I always knew I was going to see The Rangers and that's what I always got. That was enough in itself. I shouldn't have to state that of course I wanted to see the best football.

The outlook you allude to would be similar to that of the thousands who took a hike in the early eighties. I can't attend much at all now since I moved to France, but when I can I will no matter who's playing for us. The Rangers isn't a hobby.

sadly in this day and age of downsizing following us is a hobby

what youve wrote sounds good but in all honesty you dont really believe that

i remember the eighties and i will remember our next barren spell but its a fact of life that others will look to other forms of entertainment

if season book sales do go down then fairweather fans will pick and choose games accordingly(at the moment only old firm games are sold out)

look at our semi final last week we had less than 16,000 fans at hampden yet come the final we wont have a public sale why is that?

KPL: I wasn't disagreeing with your assessment - just pointing out how it is for me and how I felt about the fair-weathered.

And I do believe it. Absolutely. Unless what's left of my mind is so fucked I'm unaware what I'm saying these days.

It's straights. Thanks.

Aye? Jiminez says it's deffo straits. Last time ( well, the time before Jiminez) someone else with too much time on their hands said those streets/straits/straights were broad or narrow.

FFS - surely the point I was making was clear?

IMHO McGregor wont be missed, Boughie will move on and Boyd, well I'm not sure about yet. So then we need to find a replacement to play at the back with Wilson as Weir is surely finished, we have Alexander and Boyd I'm 50/50 about to stay. Not exactly decimated or whatever you meant.

No disrespect to Niel Alexander intended, but we would have won the UEFA cup with Shagger in goals; he would never have left that much room at the 1st goal.

Believe it or not but Journalists actually are no more intelligent than you or I they simply are more nosey and have a few more phone numbers.

With this in mind I trust we can all conclude or speculate equally as accurately as these shit stirrers. They will say everything and anything to stimulate debate and arouse controversy and the law of averages say they will get it right sometimes. This is no different.

I'm confident enough to say they are wrong on this occasion.

I can`t believe all the dunderheeds on here with the " It`s all doom , the sky`s going to fall on our head mentality "

1. We have to reduce our debt by £1M / year . FACT ! stevie smith of the wages will save at least £500k.

2. there will be NO fire sale. If the bank had wanted there money ( although there is a deal in place with club and bank ) they would have sold players in the last transfer window.

3. Walter Smith dropped the last bomb on purpose because he got told he was sanctioned to bring in a loan player on £41k/week then it got pulled.

4. The Banks do not run our club . FACT ! anyone who say`s so is wrong.( how many times do you have to be told this for it to sink in ?) its only the tims who bring this up to makeus look skint. ( they have a £20m loan from dermot desmond they have still to repay )

5.We have a more expensive team on the park than celtic . so why will or should we struggle next year.

6. our problem is DAVID MURRAY / MIH FACT ! thats why our club isn`t sold yet.

In the summer we might sell bougie / mcgregor but only for good money . £7M+ each. ( why wouldn`t we ?) money will then be spent on the team.

and please I don`t want to hear it will all go to the bank. blah , blah , blah . NO it will not ! we have to reduce our debt by £1M / year end of story !

If WE decide to cut back our debt a bit more fine but that will be up to us. If we do then we will be a better option to buy. which in turn would be a new owner who would want to spend on new players. so it`s a win / win situation.

we have to reduce our debt by £1M / year end of story !

this is the DEAL we have in place with the Bank we pay back whats owed at a minimum of £1m per year there is NO firesale no matter how many times the RST or the media say it to scare you into joining their own private crusades.

Yes a couple may go in the summer boogie and Mcgregor maybe bringing in say £10m of which most could be stored away to cover repayments and some spent on a couple of decent replacements to keep our squad as the Best in the league

With the Champions League money from this season I would expect us to turn at least a £5m profit. If we win the championship and once again gain automatic entry into the Champions League this would see us making a profit for the second year in a row.

However, if anyone thinks we won't be losing a few players in the summer then you are mistakened. Bougherra is away (hopefully after an excellent World Cup) and I would expect Boyd to leave as well. If an offer comes in for McGregor I would expect him to move on as well. Although not a great loss we already know Stevie Smith is out the door and Davie Weir must be considering retirement.

I can definately see boughy going for £4m+ and maybe one other major asset. I think we will reduce our fringe players abit more but i can see boyd staying and if £7m was brought in hopefully walter would be given £2m and this will be more than enough to appease the bank.

I can`t believe all the dunderheeds on here with the " It`s all doom , the sky`s going to fall on our head mentality "

1. We have to reduce our debt by £1M / year . FACT ! stevie smith of the wages will save at least £500k.

2. there will be NO fire sale. If the bank had wanted there money ( although there is a deal in place with club and bank ) they would have sold players in the last transfer window.

3. Walter Smith dropped the last bomb on purpose because he got told he was sanctioned to bring in a loan player on £41k/week then it got pulled.

4. The Banks do not run our club . FACT ! anyone who say`s so is wrong.( how many times do you have to be told this for it to sink in ?) its only the tims who bring this up to makeus look skint. ( they have a £20m loan from dermot desmond they have still to repay )

5.We have a more expensive team on the park than celtic . so why will or should we struggle next year.

6. our problem is DAVID MURRAY / MIH FACT ! thats why our club isn`t sold yet.

In the summer we might sell bougie / mcgregor but only for good money . £7M+ each. ( why wouldn`t we ?) money will then be spent on the team.

and please I don`t want to hear it will all go to the bank. blah , blah , blah . NO it will not ! we have to reduce our debt by £1M / year end of story !

If WE decide to cut back our debt a bit more fine but that will be up to us. If we do then we will be a better option to buy. which in turn would be a new owner who would want to spend on new players. so it`s a win / win situation.

think number 3 there needs re-thinking buddy