'The squad will be decimated'

Boab

Heard this from the Radio tonight (Radio Clyde) and Saturday too, in that it will happen even if win the league.

Darryll Broadfoot tonight saying so, who said he broke the story of Rangers financial' troubles or was it Darrell King?

How true are these comments?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this from the Radio tonight (Radio Clyde) and Saturday too, in that it will happen even if win the league.

Darryll Broadfoot tonight saying so, who said he broke the story of Rangers financial' troubles or was it Darrell King?

How true are these comments?

Hopefully not very!

Until we get a buyer, we are going to be hearing all sorts of doomsday scenarios from an all too eager media

it was darryl king, was it not?

more scaremongering

i cant see why we would have to sell all our best players in a year when we will make a profit, unless of course the bank are demanding 30m pounds this summer!

boyd and boughy are almost certain to go imo so there is 2 right away

around 6 are out of contract and may not be offered new deals, age, ability, wage issues.

we cant then go and sell more players when we may be losing upto 8 anyway, not through any forced selling though.

jesus fucking christ

see what you have started AGAIN walter

one fucking comment that you purposely dropped (AGAIN i might had) has caused another fucking shitstorm

the last time smith "slipped" while talking to the media, we were told administration was coming, new buyer needed in a week or else, fire sale in january

well fuck all of that happened, and i cannot see how REDUCING the debt will cause an even bigger disaster

des·o·late (ds-lt, dz-)

adj.

a. Devoid of inhabitants; deserted: "streets which were usually so thronged now grown desolate" (Daniel Defoe).

b. Barren; lifeless: the rocky, desolate surface of the moon.

2. Rendered unfit for habitation or use: the desolate cities of war-torn Europe.

3. Dreary; dismal.

4. Bereft of friends or hope; sad and forlorn. See Synonyms at sad.

tr.v. (-lt) des·o·lat·ed, des·o·lat·ing, des·o·lates

1. To rid or deprive of inhabitants.

2. To lay waste; devastate: "Here we have no wars to desolate our fields" (Michel Guillaume Jean de Crèvecoeur).

3. To forsake; abandon.

4. To make lonely, forlorn, or wretched.

'THEY' said it would happen and the begining of the season, 'THEY' said it would happen in the January window.

Until it actually happens, why are we even wasting our time on the shite the mhedia spout.

jesus fucking christ

one fucking comment that you purposely dropped (AGAIN i might had) has caused another fucking shitstorm

the last time smith "slipped" while talking to the media, we were told administration was coming, new buyer needed in a week or else, fire sale in january

well fuck all of that happened, and i cannot see how REDUCING the debt will cause an even bigger disaster

(tu)(tu)

We will lose boogie and maybe Boyd , that will be it.

jesus fucking christ

(tu)(tu)

davis and mcgregor too maybe

my take on this is rangers need to be very careful here

its all well saying we will lose a lot of top players but what incentive does this give to season ticket holders and box holders

do we really think that everyone will take out a season book to watch inferior players at the same price or worse still even more money

jesus fucking christ

(tu)(tu)

davis and mcgregor too maybe

Davis said he wont be leaving for a while but McGregor may move on.

its all well saying we will lose a lot of top players but what incentive does this give to season ticket holders and box holders

do we really think that everyone will take out a season book to watch inferior players at the same price or worse still even more money

Whoever is making the decisions at Ibrox, be it Muir or Johnston a statement and some sort of Q&A session needs to be arranged to tell us our plans in the summer one way or the other.

People who think that we'll lose just two players in the summer have a harsh reality check on the way!

Who says though? I don't doubt that we'll lose players in the summer, but how does anyone know how many? One minute we're being told there's no money to offer players new contracts or extensions, then we're told players are being made offers and that discussions are underway. Then we're being told that Boyd was offered a contract, but that it wasn't sanctioned & ultimately blocked. Then we're again told that no new contracts or extensions will be offered. Then all of a sudden Stevie Smith is getting offered a contract extension & pay rise, so WTF is actually going on? Does anyone here actually know?

In all my years of ticket buying I never once 'looked at the menu' to paraphrase some twat or other. I always knew I was going to see The Rangers and that's what I always got. That was enough in itself. I shouldn't have to state that of course I wanted to see the best football.

The outlook you allude to would be similar to that of the thousands who took a hike in the early eighties. I can't attend much at all now since I moved to France, but when I can I will no matter who's playing for us. The Rangers isn't a hobby.

Though the streets be broad and narrrow!

:21: