Photo From Rangers Tour Of Russia

minstral

This photo is from Rangers tour of Russia in the summer of 1962, and when they came home there were thousands of fans at Renfrew Airport to welcome the team home. What other club could get thousands of fans to welcome their team home after a tour.

339u9zr.jpg

This photo is from Rangers tour of Russia in the summer of 1962, and when they came home there were thousands of fans at Renfrew Airport to welcome the team home. What other club could get thousands of fans to welcome their team home after a tour.

339u9zr.jpg

A wonderful photograph and so evocotive.

It reminds me of my old man on holiday, sartorial Lanarkshire chic. Sandals, flannels, open-necked shirt, and blazer.

I think the guy beside Baillie is Bobby King or Bobby Hume not sure though, but what is happening to wee Ian MacMillan. If you make the picture bigger you can see what looks like someone crouched down behind him and a hand grabbing him

339u9zr.jpg

Front Row Billy Stevenson Harold Davis Bobby Shearer Davie Wilson Ralph Brand Jimmy Miller Ian MacMillan [bobby King or Bobby Hume] Doug Baillie Alex Scott

Second Row Eric Caldow George Niven [don't know] Davie Provan Billie Ritchie

339u9zr.jpg

Front Row Billy Stevenson Harold Davis Bobby Shearer Davie Wilson Ralph Brand Jimmy Miller Ian MacMillan [bobby King or Bobby Hume] Doug Baillie Alex Scott

So if the cool-as-fuck looking guy with the shades Bobby Shearer? :D

339u9zr.jpg

Hi mate it does not give the names but i think you are correct and the one you dont know is Patterson i would say. Also the player that is hidden is Baxter i would say.

I thought the player hidden grabbing the wee prime minister could be either Greig or wee Willie Henderson as Baxter didn't go on tour to Russia because he was with the army at that time. Greig deputised for Baxter on the tour to Russia

I thought the player hidden grabbing the wee prime minister could be either Greig or wee Willie Henderson as Baxter didn't go on tour to Russia because he was with the army at that time. Greig deputised for Baxter on the tour to Russia

I am pleased you confirmed that about Baxter as the person who sent me the photo argued it was Baxter. I wish we could get all the names to see who it was. (tu)

I am pleased you confirmed that about Baxter as the person who sent me the photo argued it was Baxter. I wish we could get all the names to see who it was. (tu)

I have a book somewhere in the house called The Rangers Players Story and it is all about the Russian tour with lot's of pics, written by PRO man Willie Allison. I am sure there is a couple of pics snapped in front of the same hotel with all players named. When I find it I will let you know who the hidden player is cheers WATP