Should Boyd have seen red?

Gaz52

Definitely not - obstruction was Boyd's intention, anything more than that was totally accidental.

Why would Boyd have set out to nail the guy when he knew he was a booking away from missing the Old firm.

The crime was obstruction - the punishment matched. Well refereed.

I have to say, if that was the Greasy Greek, I'd have been screaming for a red.

Just pleased its not and that's it for me.

I'm thiking that as well, if that was Zemmama on Boyd I'd probably be screaming for a red card

I have to say, if that was the Greasy Greek, I'd have been screaming for a red.

Just pleased its not and that's it for me.

I'm thiking that as well, if that was Zemmama on Boyd I'd probably be screaming for a red card

IMO, just have to chalk it up to being one of those things that you take when it's for you and scream about when it's agin you.

Mark my words, at the rate we are going this game will soon be a non contact sport, just for pussies not men.

Looking at some of the retro games from the 70/80's not to mention the 60s. were players just got up after a crunching tackle and got on with the game, none of these cheating/diving bastards would survive 5mins. they have almost ruined the game I grew up with and loved.

There are far worse fouls seen in the SPL every week, yet the BBC have to pick up on Kris Boyd's 'obstruction', and go on about it.

They also had a bit about Motherwell's goal that was ruled out againt us last Wednesday, and Kenny Miller's sending off against Dundee United back in December.

Why didn't they post a link, and article on Aberdeen's penalty incidents at the weekend, the tackle on Kevin Thomson in the St. Mirren game, Darren Dods tackle on Scott Arfield, Braafheid's elbow on the Dunfermline player in the 1st half...

Sad, pathetic, feni@n bastards.

It was a yellow card given for obstruction, and the sooner people in the press, and media get over it, the better.

I have seen nothing in the papers about Mark Reynolds 'tackle' on Kyle Lafferty

Or

Boruc completely missing the ball and taking out Steven Maclean which Aberdeen should of got a penalty for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/Scotland/8516118.stm

Minimal contact, but we should consider ourselfs lucky he didn't get sent off as raising your elbow to another players face normally means a red card

What do you guys think?

As soon as I seen it,I was sure he'd see red,and he should have.

Very glad he didn't though. :)

I have seen nothing in the papers about Mark Reynolds 'tackle' on Kyle Lafferty

Or

Boruc completely missing the ball and taking out Steven Maclean which Aberdeen should of got a penalty for.

Exactly, yet they go on about Boyd's 'obstruction' like it was a fcuking murder.

That's what we are up against.

Do you know who should have see red though?

Liam Miller for kicking Lee McCulloch and then his tackle on Bougherra. Two bookable offenses. Then there is Reynolds kick at Lafferty last Wednesday that would have been a straight red if the ref had seen it. You can pretty much guarantee if it was a Rangers player, or Celtic :ph34r: , that 'tackled' a Motherwell player like that it would have been all over the papers and probably up for review.

Do you know who should have see red though?

Liam Miller for kicking Lee McCulloch and then his tackle on Bougherra. Two bookable offenses. Then there is Reynolds kick at Lafferty last Wednesday that would have been a straight red if the ref had seen it. You can pretty much guarantee if it was a Rangers player, or Celtic :ph34r: , that 'tackled' a Motherwell player like that it would have been all over the papers and probably up for review.

I don't remember thinking for one minute during the game it should have been a red so I was a bit surprised by the papers today going on about it. What annoyed me even more was the fact it started going on about the decisions that have went for us recently and once more claimed that Fortune scored his "goal" fair and square against us and not one mention about anything that's went in Celtics favour, I.E. the should of been penalty for Aberdeen.

Pitty Boyd didn't break the wee cunts jaw!

You could include Loovens challenge on Edu, Dods challenge on Edu, Dods boot into Beasley's face, Dods slashing Boyd's neck in the 7-1 game, Reynolds challeneg on Lafferty... It was a booking and nothing else.

But I expect it to dominate the press for the next few days.

I looked at the reaction of the subs warming up at the time at the game and they were giving it big licks about the decision, hardly what they would do if Boyd had just lamped the wee turd one on the chin ?

But the debate covers up the mhanks result and panders to their single figure i.q. hordes that it is all a big conspiracy by "the establishment"(which it is obviously) - long may it continue as hopefully next season it will be making into the top six they are worrying over not finishing 2nd or 3rd.