How confused are the Tartan trannies going to be when they play Liechtenstein?

GOAT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats brilliant i cant wait for the reaction.

im not a scotland fan and never could be purley because i was born in england and belive in supporting the country you are from

what i dont get is how you can detest a tim on sunday then a week later cheer them on ie brown ect or even mingle with one hug one when you score etc...... just dont get it sorry.

when that tit alan thompson was called up to england squad i was fuming and didnt watch the game untill he was off.

I am half Scottish and half Northern Irish and I support one team as much as the other but I can't understand why some people hate our national team. I see some people's points about hating the TA and stuff but the TA shouldn't stop you from supporting Scotland. A few weeks back against Hearts there was some guy how was booing every black Hearts player that got the ball which was sick but it doesn't stop me from supporting Rangers

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I am half Scottish and half Northern Irish and I support one team as much as the other but I can't understand why some people hate our national team. I see some people's points about hating the TA and stuff but the TA shouldn't stop you from supporting Scotland. A few weeks back against Hearts there was some guy how was booing every black Hearts player that got the ball which was sick but it doesn't stop me from supporting Rangers

Once again I agree with you (tu)

• 2 months later...

They hate Celtic so if they hate the Scotland team too with all the Rangers players in it - representing their own country ,then they look more British !

The tims hate Scotland and follow the ROI and they hate Scotland too ????????

Hey Hey thats the way to do it !

WIKI says:

Oben am jungen Rhein (Up above the young Rhine), sung to the same tune as God Save the Queen, has been the national anthem of Liechtenstein since 1963, when the lyrics were altered (the first line had been Oben am deutschen Rhein).

The original lyrics had been written in 1850 by Swiss pastor Jakob Josef Jauch (1802-1859), in a time when the Principality of Liechtenstein, which is considered the last remnant of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation, was a member of the German Confederation. About a decade earlier, French claims to the left bank of the Rhine (Rhine Crisis of 1840) had triggered a series of German Rhine songs of which Die Wacht am Rhein is the most famous.

Jauch's lyrics were adopted in 1920 as national anthem. In 1963, the anthem was shortened, and references to German and Germany were removed: am deutschen Rhein (at the German Rhine) became "at the young Rhine", and im deutschen Vaterland (in German fatherland) became das teure Vaterland (the precious fatherland). The second original stanza, containing Auf Deutschlands Wacht (on guard for Germany) was, like the 3rd and 4th discontinued altogether.

you's are all bitching because we dont support our country in international football, when our country is great Britain. :wink:

Our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland....

you's are all bitching because we dont support our country in international football, when our country is great Britain. :wink:

When it comes to football, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England are four separate entities.

And the UK is more along the lines of a political union than a nation.

When it comes to football, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England are four separate entities.

doh

Way to miss a point.

But the UK is both a Nation and a Political Union.

All Countries/ Nations are Political Unions of sorts.

doh

Way to miss a point.

What was the point? That the United Kingdom is a "country"?

You might as well claim Africa and Europe are countries too, it makes about as much sense.

I personally go with James Mitchell's assertion that the UK is a state of unions. Another way to look at it is that the UK is a multi-national state, or a plural state. Anyway on that note, I'm away to the pub.

doh

Way to miss a point.

What was the point? That the United Kingdom is a "country"?

You might as well claim Africa and Europe are countries too, it makes about as much sense.

Now you are just being silly, but amusing none the less.

But the point was that the Country in which we live is called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Not just Great Britain.

As would have been obvious to anybody with adequate cognitive skills who read both my reply and the post to which I was replying....

And it is a Country, I don't much care that you don't agree, that just makes you wrong.

the united kingdom of great Britain and northern ireland is a country, no matter what way the grouse beaters want to paint it.

British, scottish and fucken proud.

Can't really understand die hard Scottish unionists when this country is being labelled the sickman of Europe. Poor health, lack of industry... Can it get much worse? We were inventing penicillin and steam engines once upon a time (Yes, as part of the union) but where has all that gone? Being British is fine but there's no point in wanting to remain British for nostalgic reasons only. If it ain't working, bin it. Need to put your country, your own future and the future of your kids first. Seems like some people are unionists just because they think they should be. I'd be just as happy flying the saltire at Ibrox. How could a Scotsman not support Scotland? Letting no-mark supporters of other spl "clubs" dictate whether you support your country or not is bollocks. Fuck them. This is our country. We used to be world beaters but regardless of that, I'll always support the country that gave everything I have today.

Anyway... Rule Britannia :uk:

Can't really understand die hard Scottish unionists when this country is being labelled the sickman of Europe. Poor health, lack of industry... Can it get much worse? We were inventing penicillin and steam engines once upon a time (Yes, as part of the union) but where has all that gone? Being British is fine but there's no point in wanting to remain British for nostalgic reasons only. If it ain't working, bin it. Need to put your country, your own future and the future of your kids first. Seems like some people are unionists just because they think they should be. I'd be just as happy flying the saltire at Ibrox. How could a Scotsman not support Scotland? Letting no-mark supporters of other spl "clubs" dictate whether you support your country or not is bollocks. Fuck them. This is our country. We used to be world beaters but regardless of that, I'll always support the country that gave everything I have today.

Anyway... Rule Britannia :uk:

Rule Britannia :uk::scot: