Gers Set For Stillie Move

Muff

GERS SET FOR STILLIE MOVE

RANGERS are weighing up a shock swoop for Dundee United keeper Derek Stillie.

Stefan Klos is set to leave this summer and gaffer Walter Smith wants someone to battle it out with Allan McGregor for the No.1 spot.

Former Dunfermline keeper Stillie is out of contract this summer and would not cost a transfer fee.

The 33-year-old has a reputation as a solid stopper and his consistency over a number of years has attracted Smith's attention.

Tannadice gaffer Craig Levein wants to keep his man and will offer him a new contract - but Stillie is likely to hold out to see if the proposed switch to Ibrox comes off.

Smith has already dipped into the SPL market, signing Kevin Thomson from Hibs, Alan Gow from Falkirk and St Mirren's Kirk Broadfoot.

Yeah thats what I thought when I saw it. Stillie is p*sh, a lot of my mates are Arabs and they give him jipp every week.

I really hope this is not the type of player we are going to be bringing in, he couldnt even catch a cold.

Was Brown not the best shot stopper in the SPL last season? Will rot at celtic but would probably do the same at Ibrox. We could do with either a world class keeper to take the number 1 spot or a good experienced keeper who can fight it out with McGregor, keep him on his toes.