SPL or UCL

Bergy

If you guys had to choose either the SPL or UEFA Champions League, what would you choose to win and why.

From my pont of view as a Gooner, I don't know what I would pick. On one hand, the Premier League is the highest rated League in Europe it a League is an true 'acid test' and you have to be consistant to win the League. It's the 'bread and butter'. It's a load of rubbish to say you have to win it (the Champions League) to be a 'Great Club'. Arsenal, Rangers and Valencia et all are proof that isn't true.

On the other hand, it is like an 'icing on the cake', although luck, injuries etc plays a huge part. I'm torn over this one but what I will say is that I would NEVER swap our unbeaten season for glory in the Champions League Final aginst Barca in '06 if I had the choice.

So what would you rather?

SPL title always comes first for me.

It would be unbelievable to win the CL but I cant see that happening while Rangers remain in the SPL.

Why not? I agree Rangers would be a few short of a serious challenge in the UCL but with some astute signings, you never know.

If its 1 SPL title vs 1 Champions League then the UCL wins every time!

Like Prodigy said though. If we're talking 9 titles in a row (for the 3rd time) vs 1 UCL, then its a harder choice.

is it thought kev

9iar done twice, UCL, never

i would choose the champions league by a country mile, weve done everything in scotland, twice over

Think about this scenario. Rangers go a while without winning the SPL. The value of the winning the trophy would soon sink in then.

I certainly wouldnt swap any of our title wins for a Champions League.

SPL title always comes first for me.

It would be unbelievable to win the CL but I cant see that happening while Rangers remain in the SPL.

Why not? I agree Rangers would be a few short of a serious challenge in the UCL but with some astute signings, you never know.

You need a quality side to win the CL these days ( unlike 68 ).

SPL sides cant afford world class players and if they could most wouldn't come anyway... because they all want to play in the biggest arenas against the biggest teams.

Away to Motherwell isn't an attractive fixture to the Iniestas of this world.

Think about this scenario. Rangers go a while without winning the SPL. The value of the winning the trophy would soon sink in then.

I certainly wouldnt swap any of our title wins for a Champions League.

Thats even less believable than us winning the Champions League :P

I was just saying that as an example. Like unfortunately - we dont win the League every year what with Man Utd and Chelski investing tens of millions to win it but when we do win it, it feels all the better.

Our squad didnt cost anything like Man Utd or Chelski yet where right in there in the League and Champions League. Wenger, his staff and the players deserve huge credit for that. And then there's the fact that Spu*s regularly outspend us and still cant finish above us!

The reason i prefer winning the SPL is really quite simple... if we dont win it, Celtic do.

Id take a CL win if Dundee Utd won the SPL and we were 2nd.

Thats exactly why the SPL will always be the priority for me too