Boyd on the Final, contract, scoring goals, starting, recent form & more

Boab

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he owes us anything.

Signed him for a pittance, paid him a pittance (relatively) and he's scored a huge number of goals and points for us.

To be honest, I am raging with him the now, he has been offered the money he asked for and yet he says the stability of the club ie owners is stopping him from signing, I tell you what boyd, you asked for money you got it, now sign the contract or dont pull the jersey on again becuase your nothing but a lazy liar who's fat head is being turned by the fortunes of the prem and like me or not that makes you a turncoat in my books...

I don't think he owes us anything.

Signed him for a pittance, paid him a pittance (relatively) and he's scored a huge number of goals and points for us.

To be honest, I am raging with him the now, he has been offered the money he asked for and yet he says the stability of the club ie owners is stopping him from signing, I tell you what boyd, you asked for money you got it, now sign the contract or dont pull the jersey on again becuase your nothing but a lazy liar who's fat head is being turned by the fortunes of the prem and like me or not that makes you a turncoat in my books...

apparently hes just signed after reading this

SSN have just said Birmingham have confirmed there having talks with Boyd although hes also talking to other clubs. Obviously not at this exact moment in time as we have the game tonight.

Its time for him to decide £££££ or medals? ££££ or Coistys record? For me its a no brainer, how any 1 wants to go to a team who will win around 14 games a season and lose or draw the majority of others is beyond me

Has there not been talks previously with his representatives and Birmingham? He said before he'd consider all his options...

It's frustrating, and boring really that this has dragged on and on. I don't think he owes the club anything, because he was poorly treated by the club for long spells IMO. However, he does owe the fans. Despite the supposed '50-50 split' in the fans on opinion of him, the fans have always supported him and there has been a few banners in his support. No other player is held in that regard and had that kind of treatment from the fans in the current squad.

I hold onto some hope that he'll stay, but with every passing week it looks less and less likely. I just don't see what his motivation to leave now is compared to last January. The money will be relatively similar, Birmingham were near guarenteed to be promoted last season too. If anything, Birminghams team will be much tougher to break into.

Maybe he just wants a fresh start, but it could ruin him.

For me its simple, he dosnt play again! like op have said, kenny miller makes him look like he is a harder worker but he's not, he a lazy goalscorer!

Thank fuck you are not in charge then. Honestly mate that is a stupid thing to say.

The quetion will soon be who will replace him?

New face, not sure who. Just as long as it isn't Lafferty.

Edit: I think Stokes is a half decent shout and I am sure he would be excellent for us.

At the end of the day one player doesn't make a team, I am more concerned about the future of the club, who will own it, will Walter be offered a new contract etc than what is going to happen with Boyd.

If he stays he stays and with the amount of goals he scores in the SPL I'll be happy with that, but if he goes then the club will easily move on and even if we don't get a single player who is as prolific as him we will have a team who can score goals and win games.

sky sports news has just said he is in talks with brum about a move in the summer

are they allowed to talk to him outside the window,

I aint sure.

Kris Boyd and his agent can talk to any club they want now that he is in the final few months of his contract.

We will need a replacement fir him.

Miller, Naismith, Lafferty, Novo, Fleck, Little... will not get anywhere near the amount of goals Boyd will guarantee.

Having a prolific scorer is useful but not the end all and be all, it's a team that wins and I remember days in the past where a lot of our goals didn't come from the strikers.

sky sports news has just said he is in talks with brum about a move in the summer

are they allowed to talk to him outside the window,

I aint sure.

Kris Boyd and his agent can talk to any club they want now that he is in the final few months of his contract.

(tu) This is the case when a player is in the last few months of their contract.

Let's not forget that there is other strikers out there who are capable of scoring goals in the SPL.

I mean it's not like they are coming up against Terry, Vidic, Lucio, Pique etc every week.

If West Brom get promoted and go all contential with their squad I think we should see if we can nab Ishmael Miller from them.

He's missed a lot of football with injury over the past year but he'd give us a completely different option upfront.

He's big and powerful, but he's also fucking rapid.