• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cant afford him at present

Dont think that was what was asked ;)

true - but it means the question is pointless

its like asking 'would you take Messi?'

Which in itself is a fair question, and, as has been pointed out, Carroll is not unrealistic in the grand scheme of things**

Would I take Messi? No, he is a whinging cock (talented without a doubt tho), got a petted lip when we were so disgraceful as to not stand off him and let him take us to pieces. I also dont think he would "shine" in the SPL, in much the same way Arteta didnt. THe hammer throwers would kick him out the games, and, the pitches would cause him problems.

So ner! :wink:

**depending on results of takeovers/developments

Outlaw, you are deluded brother!

As for Carroll, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. He's already on bail from an existing assault charge, and he goes and breaks Taylor's jaw?

A complete fucking idiot and Smith wouldn't even consider it.

As for Carroll, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. He's already on bail from an existing assault charge, and he goes and breaks Taylor's jaw?

I don't see where outlaw69 was being deluded i think he was right on what he said. (tu)

If he wasn't such a knob and there were the finances in place then I would have no problems if he signed for us, but bottom half EPL teams would offer him more money in wages than what we could afford and to me he is the type of player who will only be interested in the wages rather than the chance of winning medals and trophies and playing in Europe.

He is a player who could be a very good player but his attitude stinks and I don't think he will ever grow up from that and would be in too much trouble time and time again.

We could offer a straight swap for Lafferty though and see what happens! :D

I don't see where outlaw69 was being deluded i think he was right on what he said. (tu)

So you wouldn't want Messi to sign for Rangers because he's too wee?

Good Lord, give me strength.....

I don't see what's good about him anyway, he's a big dumpling most of the time. Attitude problems as well, would be a truly awful signing, especially if we paid over £4m for him. BIG NO from me

Why? pray tell?

We have seen it multiple times! Christ, if DMB gets kicked enough, can you imagine what they would do to Messi? Has always been the way, I remember Scotland playing Italy when Roberto Baggio was in his pomp, and, I believe we stuck Dave McPherson on him, who absolutely smashed him in the first 10 mins or so, and took him out the game. Watching the Scottish team against good/great sides, pretty much mirrors how good/great players are treated in our game. Hoof the fuckers and they hide seems to be the principle.

These guys ARE good players, but, suited to games overseas, such as Spain and Italy, different style of game where they can express themselves more. The game here is 100mph, and, you get a couple of touches, then, some ugly cunt goes through you. Not ideal i feel, but, these guys I dont think would adjust too well.

From what Ihave heard about this carrol character? Why not sign him and barton guy? Both sound as bad as each other. I wouldnt see Smith going near them. All I have seen of him was about 10 mins at the weekend and he scored

Ah, I see, you didnt understand what I was saying, the post above should help clarify ;)

oh, and he is a whinger when it doesnt go his own way, like a wee girl lol

Well personally i think Messi would find it hard in the SPL also.

Aye but you're the not the brightest bulb in the box.

And there is absolutely no reason for that sort of comment either!

Two things,

firstly Messi, I can understand why people are saying what they're saying, I agree he would find it harder here because some of the thugs that play would just hack him if there was ever a chance we could afford him. Yes it would be wonderful to have a team full of players who are of a Messi standard, but only wonderful if you're playing in a league where you can actually play football.

Secondly,

I thought this was a thread about Carroll?

Seriously look how physical the Scottish game is, if you have skill and speed you need strength too.

In Messi he has skill and speed but no strength so he would stuggle, Laudrup had all of that, that's what made him so good.

And there is absolutely no reason for that sort of comment either!

Two things,

firstly Messi, I can understand why people are saying what they're saying, I agree he would find it harder here because some of the thugs that play would just hack him if there was ever a chance we could afford him. Yes it would be wonderful to have a team full of players who are of a Messi standard, but only wonderful if you're playing in a league where you can actually play football.

Secondly,

I thought this was a thread about Carroll?

It was, its all that travelling wilburys fault! He brought Messi into it. :wink:

Messi get's kicked, hit, caught late, high... in almost every games, and it doesn't affect him. Players bounce of him, and he very rarely goes down. He's an absolute tank.

Seriously look how physical the Scottish game is, if you have skill and speed you need strength too.

In Messi he has skill and speed but no strength so he would stuggle, Laudrup had all of that, that's what made him so good.

Take it you didn't see his goal the other night then? What he lacks in size he makes up for in determination, do not say he wouldn't be able to play in the SPL doh. Messi here would be like the 4th year who always played Football with the 1st years, the 1st years could never even get a touch of the ball

And anyway it make's me laugh at time's when someone say's a comment like that and it's mostly you boab, you don't know how bright i am just by looking at a computer screen for all you know i could have the highest IQ in Britain. :wink:

I guess you haven't paid much attention to Lionel Messi over the last number of seasons?

Messi dances around players, he moves at an incredible pace with unbelievable close control, and his strength is a major reason to why he is the player he is. How often do you see Messi go down, even after two, three players have tried to foul, and bring him down - answer, not very often.

His upper body strength is impressive, he's incredibly strong, and is a fantastic athlete.

Take it you didn't see his goal the other night then? What he lacks in size he makes up for in determination, do not say he wouldn't be able to play in the SPL doh. Messi here would be like the 4th year who always played Football with the 1st years, the 1st years could never even get a touch of the ball

I'm not denying that he is a very talented player but all i am saying he would find it hard for example look at Bellemy (excuse the spelling me and name's) he had speed and not that bad of skill but most the time he struggled.

Messi get's kicked, hit, caught late, high... in almost every games, and it doesn't affect him. Players bounce of him, and he very rarely goes down. He's an absolute tank.

He went down against us though fella ;)

I dont think it matters, there are only 3 pitches here which could be classed as good, and, apart from that, I dont care how good you are, our (scottish) pitches arent suited to any players with any kind of skill. Hes a great player, no mistake, but, meh. haha