We Got What We Deserved Tonight

Simple as that.

Yes, we have a busy schedule and a fair few players missing for various reasons, but making seven changes when you are going to face the third best team in Scotland was an absolutly crazy decision and one that ultimately backfired on us.

Are Miller, Novo and Boyd (after his "performance" on Sunday I f*cking doubt it) really so fatigued that they couldn't have managed a half tonight?

Why did Naimsith start in centre midfield again? It didn't work last time and it didn't work tonight either.

In a nut shell, tonight simply wasn't good enough.

However, on the plus side getting beat doesn't really matter because at the end of the day three youngsters got some much needed experience eh guys? :rolleyes:

We went there expecting to win with a terrible team. We all know Dundee United were going to have a go, so why not play Miller and Boyd try and nick a couple of goals take them off and see the game out? Poor from start to finish. I hope to god we don't see another performance like that this season.

In the last quarter, the game was easily there to be won and should have been, but for the fluke goal. It didn't have to be like that and the tactics should have changed much earlier as Dundee became tired and lacked ideas. But, our luck ran out (for once) and we ended getting what we deserved at long last which was against an ineffective Dundee team. Overall, very disappointing and we lost the treble due to our ineptitude which could and should have been negated!

yes we did

cheers ally

:(

Aye its Allys fault, get a fucking grip! its the players fault

OP who else was going to play CM? Naismith was better than our actual CM Edu tonight!

7 Changes? 3 forced 1 gk and a few changes elsewhere. The squad of Glasgow Rangers is there for a reason, players stepped in to do the job tonight and had a chance to make a name for themselves and they failed.. THEY Failed. Nothing to do with A.McCoist!!

I knew we were going to be in trouble as soon as that line-up was announced. Utd were always going to be up for this tie after the perceived injustice of the penalties in the first game. I really think WS and Ally put out that side with one eye on the league game at the weekend. It was a gamble ( a major one IMO ) and it backfired. So, yup ... we got we deserved.

I'll even wager Utd will get beaten by Raith in the semi too.

The game against Hearts was more important, they've given us 2 hard games already this season and 3 players were rested for it. We need the SPL title more than we need the Scottish cup and most people expected the Tims to beat St Mirren tonight.

Miller and Boyd have both had injury problems and may have struggled with 3 games in 6 days. We had 3 central midfielders missing tonight so Naismith was asked to fill a role which he struggled with and with a squad of 20 1st team players a double is better than most of us could have hoped for.

yes we did

cheers ally

:(

Aye its Allys fault, get a fucking grip! its the players fault

OP who else was going to play CM? Naismith was better than our actual CM Edu tonight!

7 Changes? 3 forced 1 gk and a few changes elsewhere. The squad of Glasgow Rangers is there for a reason, players stepped in to do the job tonight and had a chance to make a name for themselves and they failed.. THEY Failed. Nothing to do with A.McCoist!!

yes the players let us down again, just like they have on more than 1 occassion this year, Europe springs to mind, 3 0-0 draws in a row too, Aberdeen, Motherwell away, a few others. there is NO excuse for not beating SPL teams.

but dont kid yerself it had nothing to do with Ally, the buck stops with the manager and tonight it was him, he sent out a shitey team to play against one of the better teams in Scotland at their own midden and blew it big time.

he couldnt change the game, fuck how long did it take us to get a corner? when did we first get a shot on target? it was hopeless and really hard to watch.

is it not upto the manager to send the players out in the right frame of mind and with the mind set to win? well thats that fucked then isnt it, we had nothing.

it was another night of dross for Rangers FC who are going through the motions.

I did say before that we wouldn't stroll up there and win if we continued the bad run of form we've been on, and so it proved.

Too many people, including the players, thought it would be a doddle.

Boyd deserved to be dropped. Maybe Miller was still feeling the effects of his magnificent shift on Sunday?

Thought bringing Fleck into the team was a good move. Only change that didn't work was Little (doesn't mean he's shite).. but him aside, we didn't defend well. And that isn't Littles fault. Naismith done well in centre mid i felt. Beasley was piss poor. But we win as a team and lose as a team!

Domestic double for the third time in 3 years! :21::h34rt:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I would like some clarification from the club on Ally's role in the cup games.

Still, expecting our club to 'clarify' anything - fat chance.

I thought he had near enough full control of the team?