I'm going to have my moan...

Muff

And if you don't like it, then I couldn't give a shit!

Chasing a domestic treble, and you put out a side like that?

Three players who have not kicked a ball in some time. One of them being Andrew Little, who was asked to play upfront. Was never going to work, even more so when we were going to spend the whole game lumping the ball up to him, knowing fine well that Dundee United had two animals in the center of their defence... great thinking there. How Little stayed on the park for so long, I will never know? Not having a go at him, but more the management.

John Fleck had a few nice runs, that's about it, far too greedy.

Kyle Lafferty, is a dud, and a fcuking shitebag - you see better in the Scottish Sunday league games. An absolute dumpling who is a complete, and utter waste of space. Please just go!

DaMarcus Beasley goes on about getting a new contract... well he can ram that up his back box. He doesn't deserve one. Four good games in December, and he's not kicked a ball since. He was absolutely brutal tonight. Couldn't even take the ball with him, or find a Rangers player. If he wasn't falling over, he was running into someone.

Maurice Edu, bar a few runs, you wouldn't have thought he was on the park, and was totally outshawn by both Prince Bauben, and Morgaro Gomis.

Steven Naismith crashed into tackles, tried to get on the ball, create, defend... his attitude was right, but his final ball, and awareness was shocking.

Not sure how long it took us to get a shot at Pernis, but it was a hell of a long time. Our delivery, and lack of movement at set pieces, was a complete, and utter joke. McGregor was looking for an early ball, the players had their back turned to him, and he was raging, and it happened far too often.

Our attitude from the start was poor, Dundee United wanted it more, they played better, and scored the goal right at the end.

It's been coming, and our luck finally ran out, due to our piss poor performance. Whoever was incharge of that team tonight got it completely wrong. Couldn't get the players going, couldn't see where the game was going, no plan B... nothing. I'll bet that was McCoist incharge tonight!

A win on Saturday, nothing less!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought david weir was outstanding tonight, i thought he won most of the high balls that came in to the box, most of second balls were won by wilson. But for a guy going on 40 i thought he looked very strong tonight and handled the aerial battles well

Fleck and Little - what to do with them?

They had that wee spell of 3/4/5 games earlier in the year when they looked decent to very good, and they've been dropped out of sight since.

Our management have an odd fascination of throwing youngsters in against our 'bogey' teams when there's a lot at stake, yet at the same time, playing full strength sides at home constantly against St Mirren and Falkirk.

An odd way to manage youth...

It's not the loss, it's the manner we lost in. We never turned up, our attitude was a disgrace, we were second best, too many shitebags on the park, pulling out of challenges, aerial duels... not testing the opposition, getting outclassed, out fought, lack of basics.

I don't know how many times Whittaker, Papac, Weir, McGregor, and Wilson shook their head in disgust - but it was a lot!

It's not the loss, it's the manner we lost in. We never turned up, our attitude was a disgrace, we were second best, too many shitebags on the park, pulling out of challenges, aerial duels... not testing the opposition, getting outclassed, out fought, lack of basics.

I don't know how many times Whittaker, Papac, Weir, McGregor, and Wilson shook their head in disgust - but it was a lot!

Its amazing how fatigue can make you look like your not trying. (tu)

It's the 'outfought' bit that annoyed me the most when I watched the game.

That never happens to us.

We were gradually getting there as the game went on though, for us to lose the goal the way we did so late is what annoyed me so much

It's the 'outfought' bit that annoyed me the most when I watched the game.

That never happens to us.

think it shows how much we miss big lee and thomson in the midfield

and Bougherra at the back. and look what happens when the best partnership in the country doesn't start.

muff thank fuck someone else with a brain sees the WHOLE picture ..

spot on mate :praise:

what these other cunts where watching is beyond me ,and how they can defend the undefendable is worrying...

as my post stated last night i fear the worst ,i was bottling it ...little did i fuckin know

our management had a wager on united ffs... :praise:

Although some probably won't say it, the league is as good as over and this Cup was the only thing we actually had to play for. I believe we have to win just 5 out of our remaining 10 league games without celtc dropping a point to win it....we have pretty much sealed 2 in a row.

So why bench your 3 most effective attackers for Little, Fleck and Lafferty who have about 4 goals between them this season. Plenty time for them to get a run once we are officially champions. Not while we are chasing effectively, the last piece of the treble.

They had that wee spell of 3/4/5 games earlier in the year when they looked decent to very good, and they've been dropped out of sight since.

Our management have an odd fascination of throwing youngsters in against our 'bogey' teams when there's a lot at stake, yet at the same time, playing full strength sides at home constantly against St Mirren and Falkirk.

I agree, it's really quite strange. I suppose the only thinking is that the players have looked tired recently so they decided to rest some key players. They chose a daft game to do it, though.

Naismith in center mid never works. For me, he should have been used further up front where perhaps his attitude and desire could have been more effective.

there was 4 players tonight who have had more rest than santa claus ffs

fatigue my arse, weir done more work than most out there

as a few have said, dundee united are probably the worst team in the SPL to lump high balls up to, and what did we do

it smacks of the hibs game last season, first half we gave jones and that big coloured boy all the high balls they wanted,

after 5 mins everycunt could see it wasnt working, so what did we do, plod on for the rest of the game

i dont mind getting beat if the team come off having given 100%, in the last 4 games they havent given 100% in total

not good enough and thank fuck the beggars are woeful, or we could be sitting here shitting ourselves

there was 4 players tonight who have had more rest than santa claus ffs

fatigue my arse, weir done more work than most out there

as a few have said, dundee united are probably the worst team in the SPL to lump high balls up to, and what did we do

it smacks of the hibs game last season, first half we gave jones and that big coloured boy all the high balls they wanted,

after 5 mins everycunt could see it wasnt working, so what did we do, plod on for the rest of the game

i dont mind getting beat if the team come off having given 100%, in the last 4 games they havent given 100% in total

not good enough and thank fuck the beggars are woeful, or we could be sitting here shitting ourselves

What is the point in saying thank fuck they are awful? The players would just step it up again and play better. What is happening is not only mental fatigue but also complacency in general. The team isn't passing it as well as it did earlier in the season.

The squad has been fantastic this season.

How come a near on 40 year old can last the pace, and look the fittest? He's played the most number of games, and still strolled through the game.

Naismith, Edu, Fleck, Beasley, Little, Lafferty... all started ffs.

I agree, it's really quite strange. I suppose the only thinking is that the players have looked tired recently so they decided to rest some key players. They chose a daft game to do it, though.

Naismith in center mid never works. For me, he should have been used further up front where perhaps his attitude and desire could have been more effective.

Tbh I think it was done on the basis that the scum would win tonight! That would have brought it down to 7 points and if we lost at the weekend that would mean we could be down to 4 points with 2 games in hand.

I'm not bothered about the cup anyway, even at the weekend their I wasn't jumping about with joy like a would be with a league title.

Alot of people said we should use the cups to rest players and blood youngsters and when it is done, it isn't good enough?

All I want is the league title this season! I couldn't give a fuck about a treble or even a double,

Yes we were chasing a treble but shit happens, I'd rather get the league rapped up sooner than later if it ment we go out the cup.

Didnt see the game today as I was at work, but from the sound of it Im glad I didnt see it.

Yeah, it seems an odd team selection. lafferty missing from the squad for 2 games (?) then he's thrown in for a must win game?

As much as I love Walter, I still get amazed at some of the team selections. Also agree with the other poster re how w manage our youngsters..baffling.

Should be interesting to see team selection at weekend.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

How come a near on 40 year old can last the pace, and look the fittest? He's played the most number of games, and still strolled through the game.

It is far tougher to play on the wing for example; up and down the whole game, than play CB.

It is far tougher to play on the wing for example; up and down the whole game, than play CB.

not when you have a fucking hammer thrower like jon daly kicking you everytime the balls in your half

and the amount of times the ball came our way, weir got a massive workout compared to most

Muff - 9 times of 10 i agree with your opinions on here but it think you are well off the mark tonight.

I've copied my post from another thread below because i think its highly relevant. This is still going to be a great season given our crcumstances. Sleep on it and reflect tomorrow mate.

Fucking hell guys - no disrepect but i think some of you need a dose of perspective. Let's recap - the club is in the financial shitter. If we hadn't won the league last season we'd possibly be in administration right now. The previous year to that we lost the league on the last day chasing a quadruple.

If we don't win the league again this year we are in serious financial danger. Walter and the team took the decision that Saturday away to Hearts was more important given:-

- Celtic were likely to win at St Mirren tonight and at home this weekend. Had we slipped up at Hearts the gap would be 4pts (albeit we'd have had 2 games in hand). Hands up who'd have lost sleep at that prospect? Certainly me.

- The guaranteed £15m CL money from the league this season if we win the league means we can attract a new owner, we can keep key players and the essential mgt team.

- We played 30mins with 10 and 20mins with 9 on Sunday then travelled to the 3rd place side in the league who but for a ropey spell when they lost their manager would be pushing for 2nd place.

- We were missing 3 of our player of the year candidates in Boogie, Davis and McCulloch. With a thin squad thats a big ask.

Am i disappointed to miss out on a treble - hell yes.

Do i think the mgt team were a touch too conservative tonight - absolutely

However i completely understand why they did and given Smith, McCoist et al (and this same bunch of players for 3 seasons) have effectively saved Glasgow Rangers as an institution means i will not be taking cheap shots tonight.