I'm going to have my moan...

Muff

Usually agree with just about everything you post Muff but disagree with you about tonight. yes it was a poor performance, yes I'm disappointed to go out of the cup but lets keep things in perspective.

Our paper thin squad and management team have dragged us to a CIS Cup win and within touching distance of the championship despite the uncertainty going on at the club. They have done remarkably well despite the saga going on around them.

Smith was slated on the road to Manchester for playing the same team in the cups. Last night he changed it to freshen it up and is slated for it. He can't win. Never mind last night I would be looking at how we managed to surrender a two goal lead at Ibrox to Utd.

Having said that if someone has said me at the start of the season that we would be in the position we are in now I'd have snapped their fuckin arm off

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach, seems a good few are more concerned about the bheggars result than our own.

There is a difference between making a few changes, and totally reshuffling a team around, with players out of position. Naismith in the middle of the park... just why?

The management get praised when they do a good job, they should get criticised when they don't! In the last two Scottish Cup matches they fcuked it up big time, just like the players. Ally McCoist has more of a say in these games, and it shows - he'll never do as manager, completely out of his depth.

The attitude of some on here, and at games pisses me off aswell - it's like some of the players share the same opinions, and that we just need to turn up, put 3 or 4 past the opposition, and we've won. Another boot in the bollocks for them, although the league is virtually won, so I'd expect it to continue.

muff thank fuck someone else with a brain sees the WHOLE picture ..

spot on mate :praise:

what these other cunts where watching is beyond me ,and how they can defend the undefendable is worrying...

as my post stated last night i fear the worst ,i was bottling it ...little did i fuckin know

our management had a wager on united ffs... :praise:

Wow, what an utter cunt you are. Trying hard to fathom a more offensive post I have seen on here, or anywhere else for that matter!

Pissed of we lost? fair play, dont think anyone is happy about it, but that? Heres hoping you had had a bevvy last night

Ach, seems a good few are more concerned about the bheggars result than our own.

There is a difference between making a few changes, and totally reshuffling a team around, with players out of position. Naismith in the middle of the park... just why?

The management get praised when they do a good job, they should get criticised when they don't! In the last two Scottish Cup matches they fcuked it up big time, just like the players. Ally McCoist has more of a say in these games, and it shows - he'll never do as manager, completely out of his depth.

The attitude of some on here, and at games pisses me off aswell - it's like some of the players share the same opinions, and that we just need to turn up, put 3 or 4 past the opposition, and we've won. Another boot in the bollocks for them, although the league is virtually won, so I'd expect it to continue.

I got shot down for saying that we could win at Tannadice if we didn't pick up our game.

Surely the players must have known that as well.

Certainly didn't fucking look like it.

Always a problem that one.

That bit, interests me mate. The reaction, certainly in your initial post implies that we should have done that. I think the league is evening out more, the fear factor has gone from playing us, I dont need to mention them because its more of a comedy factor there.

Backline apart last night, I think Fleck looked rusty, but, also showed he can be a player in the "hole", but, perhaps Andy Little wasnt the guy to play him up with.

Tend to agree about a few of the players, but,I also think some had an off day. Edu needs to be in with a more experienced guy like Davis, Thomson or McCulloch, to help guide him a little I feel. People say Miller has helped Boyd, but, last night for me, seems to imply the reverse also applies, as, Miller doesnt look the same player without him. Where has Naismiths skill gone? He is showing the required effort, but, seems to have lost some of his ability. I remember him being a skillful player.

Beasley and Lafferty I am beginning to despair about. We have seen performances from both, at times, but, day in day out? nada! I think, application rather than ability is the problem with this team, perhaps the lead in the league is indeed leading to complacency, which, while not ideal, You can make sense of why its happening. Maybe after all the crap thats gone on this season, the club are relaxing a bit?

Conspiracy theory time... maybe, just maybe, We are hoping that given the bheasts a chance at a trophy, keeps monkeyheid in a job, basically making certain of 3 in a row for us. If the fringe players had won, its still all good :wink:

Think last night showed how much we miss a McCulloch or Thomson in the middle of the park, think them getting stuck in seems to get the others to do the same.

Even more ridiculous is how little of a threat we look up front without Miller there, don't believe that Bougherra stops us winning as he's missed enough games this season as it is.

For the second game running, we looked really nervous, and instead of started where they finished off in the Cup Final, they reverted back to how they started that game.

Being completely honest, we were lucky not to have went down by 3 or 4 last night!

Fingers can be pointed at players for individual discrepancies, but sadly the main problem last night was with the plan/tactics adopted.

Frustrating as f*ck! doh

I was very dissappointed in the team Walter (or Ally?) put out last night. To start with, I don't believe 4 games in 10 days is extreme, except maybe in Davie Weir's case, so don't understand why we had 6 changes to a team thats been doing well most of the season. The League is obviously our No. 1 priority, but the Scottish Cup is also something we should be trying to win every time, like anything else we compete in. Even if the young (fringe) players are needing a run-out, this could have been done in the league, after it's been won, which could well be before the split.

I'm sure if Walter and Ally had known St. Midden were gonna win last night, they would have put more effort into selecting a team to win last night's game, rather than fielding a team with one eye on Saturdays encounter at Swinecastle.