Big Eck

Zander1

Sorry if this has been posted before. Just wondering what people's opinions are on Alex McLeish's time at Ibrox. A mate of mine claims he's one of the best managers we've had in recent times, winning trophies in difficult circumstances. Others seem to have the opposite view. Personally I would come down on the side of him being a good manager for us, although it probably was the right time for him to go. What you guys think?

Succesful first half season, Treble winning first full season, Shite season with Ostenstad and co, Helicopter Sunday season with Big Marv then another shite season but managed to get to the last 16 of CL.

I loved him as our manager but he went at the right time

I liked him, decent manager which he is now showing in the EPL.

Only thing that annoys me is how much he goes on about Boyd, sure he rates him and wants to sign him, but give it a rest Big Eck.

Did well with Dicks old players getting them back on track, but as the squad became his own albeit with a lot less money, the performances and results dried up. A victim of circumstance really.

Always respect the job McLeish did for us. He gave me some of the best days in my life. Treble in 02/03 with Dunfermline last day of the season, the Lovenkrands Scottish Cup Final, Helicopter Sunday and Champions League last 16. Can't argue with 7 trophies in 4 years. Won more trophies than Celtic's most successful manager since Jock Stein.

He was in charge of the club at a very difficult time when the best players were being taken away. Walter Smith has spent more in his second spell than Alex McLeish. Yes it was time for him to go but I will always respect him.

What I'll remember about Eck was the dignity he had when he was the Rangers job. Even when he was losing players and when he knew PLG was coming in he kept his dignity and has still to criticise the club which I will always respect. Look at the dignity McLeish showed compare to the scum across the city looking for excuses round every corner

Thanks for the memories Eck!!

I thought his tenure was one of extremes in terms of success and failure. Two of the best Championship wins ever! A treble! Losing seven straight league games to Celtic, and Rangers worst ever losng streak.

Given that he was under severe financial restrictions, and was up against a resurgent Celtic, I think he did well

Sorry if this has been posted before. Just wondering what people's opinions are on Alex McLeish's time at Ibrox. A mate of mine claims he's one of the best managers we've had in recent times, winning trophies in difficult circumstances. Others seem to have the opposite view. Personally I would come down on the side of him being a good manager for us, although it probably was the right time for him to go. What you guys think?

"The Ginger Genius" raises his ugly head once more.

Terrible manager, lucking out on two titles though made him look half decent to most fans. :anguish:

Always respect the job McLeish did for us. He gave me some of the best days in my life. Treble in 02/03 with Dunfermline last day of the season, the Lovenkrands Scottish Cup Final, Helicopter Sunday and Champions League last 16. Can't argue with 7 trophies in 4 years. Won more trophies than Celtic's most successful manager since Jock Stein.

He was in charge of the club at a very difficult time when the best players were being taken away. Walter Smith has spent more in his second spell than Alex McLeish. Yes it was time for him to go but I will always respect him.

What I'll remember about Eck was the dignity he had when he was the Rangers job. Even when he was losing players and when he knew PLG was coming in he kept his dignity and has still to criticise the club which I will always respect. Look at the dignity McLeish showed compare to the scum across the city looking for excuses round every corner

Thanks for the memories Eck!!

This sums it all up for me. (tu)

Terrible manager, lucking out on two titles though made him look half decent to most fans. :anguish:

dont mind other peoples opinions, but that is utter pish

If it wasn't for big eck winning the title twice on the last day that mob could have matched or even beaten 9iar,respect to the big man.

If it wasn't for big eck winning the title twice on the last day that mob could have matched or even beaten 9iar,respect to the big man.

Big Eck never won anything last day of the season.Rangers took care of that(despite Big Eck) :craphead:

utter gash. McLeish was taking on Celtic who were spending 2 or 3 times we were. It was the right time for him to go but he did well for us.

Big Eck never won anything last day of the season.Rangers took care of that(despite Big Eck) :craphead:

McCleish was quite a lucky manager, the two last day title wins could easily have went the other way.

I liked him though, he carried himself well in the job and done well with limited resources.

The reception he got on the last day of the season when he was leaving will show you what the Rangers fans thought of him, compare and contrast that to the usual negative nonsense from the usual suspects in here.

;)