Jim Mccoll

Raghead

More nonsense from the people that bought you 60 days to save the club, florida no marks and the enemy within

This story is the only exclusive in town though.......

It has become a series of scattergun exclusives from a once respected newspaper group. Am I wrong in thinking most of these have links with RST?

I love how the RST are adamant that they can guarantee to make an investment of £30 million.

More nonsense from the people that bought you 60 days to save the club, florida no marks and the enemy within

This story is the only exclusive in town though.......

wonder if they will spot the sly digs GCL, or if they'll read the post, and sit back remembering how they had this "exclusive info"

:lol:

I'm sorry but this idea of the fans owning the club has just never sat right with me.

How do we expect to fund the club with enough money to operate every season, i just do not see the support entering into a deal where they pay, say £1000/annum on top of their £400/annum season ticket & their investment to travel to away games & european games.

I love how people on here knmow exactly what's happening.

From Total Pish to rubbish............does anyone actually have a clue..

Maybe this guy is our saviour and maybe he's now but when newspapers like the Guardian and Herald come away with it then something has been said somewhere........try and be a bit more optimistic. doh

The Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) today confirmed they had submitted an "exploratory document" to the club with the aim of taking over Sir David Murray's majority shareholding. But they refused to reveal whether Jim McColl was involved in the scheme following reports the Trust had held talks with the entrepreneur, who – with an estimated fortune of £800m – is said to be Scotland's richest man.

Any RST plan would involve some degree of fan ownership, which is the ultimate aim of the Trust. But a takeover of the club, who are £31m in debt, would need to be underwritten by either a wealthy individual or consortium.

"At this point, it's an exploratory document only," said the RST spokesman, David Edgar. "We can't comment on speculation over any names mentioned with regard to underwriting or backing the scheme. And we stress that all discussions must remain private and are at a very early stage."

Describing talks both with the club and potential backers as "positive", Edgar insisted it was "too early to say" whether the RST proposal would ultimately end in a takeover bid. "Rangers find themselves in extraordinary circumstances and, at the moment, it's pertinent to assess all options," he added. "Anything the Trust does, we study to make sure it's viable before we go down that path."

The London-based property tycoon Andrew Ellis was this month revealed to be considering a bid for Rangers. Edgar insisted Ellis' interest had no effect on the Trust's plans, adding: "At the moment, discussions are ongoing with all parties who would be involved with the scheme.

"This is another step towards what the Trust has been working on and continues to work towards, which is full supporter ownership. It hasn't come about overnight."

Last year saw the RST invite representatives of Espanyol and Hamburg to Ibrox to discuss their members-run models. Rangers have been working to a business plan in conjunction with Lloyds Banking Group since Murray stepped down as chairman in August. The influence of Lloyds has sparked protests from supporters at some matches this season.

The club's manager, Walter Smith, and his backroom staff have been working without contracts since January in a bid to ease the financial pressure on the club. He has also not recruited any new players since August 2008.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/28/rangers-supporters-group-takeover