***The Official 2010 Golf Thread***

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Ryder Cup, and it was always going to be a close affair. Well done Monty and your team :clap:

Fantastic round from Tiger, hopefully back to his best in time for the start of the 2011 season.

considering the weather involved, every single player deserves credit for being part of a cracking 3 and a half days of shit hot golf

i know he said he wouldnt take it again, but i wonder if closer to the time monty would be the captain in 2012

imagine a ryder cup legend like him, with the 3 excellent vice captains used, and the same team with another 2 years experience to add to what they have already

considering the weather involved, every single player deserves credit for being part of a cracking 3 and a half days of shit hot golf

i know he said he wouldnt take it again, but i wonder if closer to the time monty would be the captain in 2012

imagine a ryder cup legend like him, with the 3 excellent vice captains used, and the same team with another 2 years experience to add to what they have already

I think it seems like a done deal that Jose Maria Olazabal will captain the 2012 side, thats the way Monty portrayed it in his interview afterwords.

But you never know (tu)

Anyone been watching the Dunhill today - Sky Sports have been at Kingsbarns and it's been a cracking day for golf.

Was out at 09:22 with Eric Gleacher. He was playing alongside Martin Laird with Pablo Larrazabal and Richard Gilbert in the group... Martin Laird is a fantastic golfer who's improving all the time, putting and driving needs a bit of work tho...

• 1 month later...

Tiger Woods currently leading the Chevron World Challenge by 4 shots going into the third round.

Some top players playing; McDowall, Donald, Villegas, Stricker, Casey, Poulter, McIlroy, Kim, Cink, Watney, Mahan, Watson, Johnson, Furyk...

End of season event, and it would be a great boost for Tiger if he could win the final event after the year he's had. Watched him closely the last two rounds, and there are signs that he's on his way back - Sean Foley is certainly having an impact and Woods is putting in the work. According to Foley, Tiger Woods spends 8 hours on the parctise range a day along with the hours he puts in the gym...

Will be interesting to see if he can keep it up, and if he's got the bottle to close out a competition - the Tiger of old would have had it in the bag from here. A very important few rounds for Tiger!

Waited a long time to see Tiger up there come Sunday, and I hope he is, and goes on to win.

This has been a big season. Some players have made big moves, Poulter, Kaymer, Dustin Johnson, Westwood, McDowall, Mahan... Furyk, Els, Kuchar are back up there aswell and they have to keep it going, along with the likes of Adam Scott, Paul Casey, Bubba Watson, Geoff Ogilvy, Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, the Molinari brothers, Anthony Kim, Rickie Fowler etc.

2011 is going to be a fantastic year, Tiger maybe back to his best, and will have a big challenge if he wants to reatin his world number 1 spot. He's four off Jack Nicklaus major record, and only 12 tour wins from breaking Sam Sneads record. Big pressure on him now, can he handle it, and will it spur him on?

Shooting +1 on the final day isn't going to win you anything. Piss poor final round from Tiger, his swing fell apart at times, his putting is still miles away from being anywhere near what it was.

McDowall played some cracking golf, he's a right lucky bastard at times.

Shooting +1 on the final day isn't going to win you anything. Piss poor final round from Tiger, his swing fell apart at times, his putting is still miles away from being anywhere near what it was.

McDowall played some cracking golf, he's a right lucky bastard at times.

Know what muff, I said same about tiger at times, if there was a good bounce to get off trees he used to seem to get it.