***The Official 2010 Golf Thread***

Casey out of automatic contention.

I just hope Monty now has the guts to stick the finger up to all of them next Sunday!

Hope he picks Molinari, Quiros and either Jiminez or Dyson(whoever doesn't get last spot)

Jiminez is already in the team.

I think he'll pick Molinari, Quiros and Donald.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jiminez is already in the team.

I think he'll pick Molinari, Quiros and Donald.

Jiminez is now playing this weekend instead of going to his nephews wedding. I think he will get picked! He could have dropped out of the team by not playing at Gleneagles.

I think he will pick Donald as he played at Celtic Manor already this year!

Still annoyed with Harrington and Casey though! Ignoring the european tour due to sheer greed.

got tickets for Gleneagles, goin to go down on saturday and sunday hopefully

still trying to decide who to follow round the course then hope they make the cut for saturday

i hear the weather is supposed to be a bit pishy though

Just been looking at the scorecard for Quiros at Gleneagles. Its actually amazing!

17 bogeys so far in the 4 rounds. Imagine how good he could be if he found some consistency!

Looking forward to the Ryder Cup WC announcement this evening! Really hope Edoardo Molinari wins at Gleneagles, If he got left out after that it would be a disgrace

was down at Gleneagles yesterday followed Jimenez and Rock round, had a wee bet on Jimenez in the match betting before i went down so it was great to watch it shot by shot knowing there was money riding on it, great day out.

Also has anybody noticed how Rock's caddy helps him lining up his putts?, Rock basically stands with his putter and the caddy lies down on the deck behind him and tells him where to aim for, then gets up and crouches, looks at the line, tells him if he needs any adjustment, then tells him 'thats it' and Rock takes the shot

It was amazing to see that a pro like Rock needin so much help/assurance with his putting

Not picking Casey was a strange one but Monty stuck to his word in a way. Rose chose not to play any golf in europe this year that has cost him and Casey only has himself to blame. Could have played in Czech Open and secured his spot but he chased the $$$ instead.

Was dissapointed that Casey never made the 12 but there was always gona be a problem for someone. I feel we certainly have at least 10 of the best 12 players in europe presently in the team. If I was picking an ideal 12 then my only changes would be Casey and Rose for Hanson and Jimenez. Its a very strong team (tu)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Start of the Tour Championships from East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta tonight.

Phil Mickelson can win the Tour Championship, the FedExCup and Player of the Year in one swoop, along with the World Number 1 ranking - has to finish 1st At East Lake, and no golfer has even won back-to-back Tour Championships - players such as Kuchar, Hoffman, Stricker, Casey and Johnson, have to finish above a certain place aswell... a toll order.

All he has to do is finish first or second to take Tiger Woods number 1 spot.

I see Sky have got the Masters next year aswell.

Sky Sports will broadcast all four rounds of the tournament live, as well as Wednesday's par-three contest, while the BBC will show live coverage at the weekend.

Big blow for the BBC - I'd much rather listen to the likes of Butch Harmon, Ewen Murray, Howard Clark, David Feherty, Dottie Pepper...

Casey should have been in there before Harrington - he's been awful for ages now.

Mickelson has had an up and down round. Some fantastic shots, and some complete and utter sclaffs... His chili dip on the front nine was horrific.

Casey should have been in there before Harrington - he's been awful for ages now.

Mickelson has had an up and down round. Some fantastic shots, and some complete and utter sclaffs... His chili dip on the front nine was horrific.

Muff, did you ever get to play Cypress Point? 5 of us went down to Pebble after the San Fran convention and stayed at the Lodge at Pebble Beach. We played Pebble, Spyglass and Spanish Bay but they would not let us on Cypress even although we were staying on property.