Reason for delay

nvager

Am I correct to think that any takeover may well be dependent on Rangers qualifying for the group stage of the CL?

If this is the case then a lot may depends who wins the CL. As far as I know if the team that wins it does not otherwise automatically qualify for the CL group stages next year then Rangers spot would go that team and Rangers would have 1 or 2 qualifying rounds to play.

That then may mean no takeover for quite a while - no?

This is just some thoughts I have at present for there being complete silence from Mr. Ellis or RFC regarding his proposed takeover.

Is this logical? Do others agree?

As long as CSKA don't win the whole thing we should be fine, as the other teams are all extremely likely to qualify through their respective leagues.

And as for that having an effect on any potential takeover? It's tough to say, but it does make sense on some level. If you are going to buy the club, you would want to be absolutely certain that this money is on its way.

As long as CSKA don't win the whole thing we should be fine, as the other teams are all extremely likely to qualify through their respective leagues.

And as for that having an effect on any potential takeover? It's tough to say, but it does make sense on some level. If you are going to buy the club, you would want to be absolutely certain that this money is on its way.

Or Lyon. Both are highly unlikely.

I think the assertion is 100% spot on - if you think about the cash in as £10M that will determine a % of the valuation as prospects, budgets, shortfalls etc are all quite heavily dependant upon CL qualification - I have always thought even if there was to be a buyer no-one would commit till they know if we had CL or not and as you say winning the league may NOT be enough but looning at the two teams that coul keep us out Lyon and Byren I think I think winning SPL will get us in.

If that is the case for this season then fair enough, why spend X amount on a club which will be worth £10M more come May at the latest,but what about the year after when we dont have a guarenteed jackpot?

When someone buys Rangers this summer they have to consider that this will be the club at its 'richest' for the forseable future unless we do qualify for CL in the future.

I think the assertion is 100% spot on - if you think about the cash in as £10M that will determine a % of the valuation as prospects, budgets, shortfalls etc are all quite heavily dependant upon CL qualification - I have always thought even if there was to be a buyer no-one would commit till they know if we had CL or not and as you say winning the league may NOT be enough but looning at the two teams that coul keep us out Lyon and Byren I think I think winning SPL will get us in.

Bluepeter9 if you need any help spelling just give me a shout, when i think of all the abuse you have given me over the years about grammar. :D

Or Lyon. Both are highly unlikely.

Do lyon not only have to finish 1st or 2nd in France?

Extremely unlikely we wont qualify, even if CSKA do win the champions league. We go in the "Champions Draw" if we win the league, which means we miss the bigger sides ( fourth in EPl, third in La Liga, etc ) and take on champions from countries seeded below us (Kaunas etc). So, assuming there isn't another monumental fuck-up, we should be set.

Extremely unlikely we wont qualify, even if CSKA do win the champions league. We go in the "Champions Draw" if we win the league, which means we miss the bigger sides ( fourth in EPl, third in La Liga, etc ) and take on champions from countries seeded below us (Kaunas etc). So, assuming there isn't another monumental fuck-up, we should be set.

Its ok mate Christian is at Charlton

That is of no comfort to me whatsoever, its the unknown teams that usually give us a thoroughly tough tie.