Bougherra and Broadfoot back training

Boab

Bougherra and Broadfoot back in training but neither will face Dons. Smith said; We need to get an edge back in our play after 2 below par performances.

Official text above - title edited to now see Kirk too.

Apr 6 2010

Rangers were handed a huge boost for their SPL title run-in when defender Madjid Bougherra returned to training yesterday.

The Algerian centreback hasn't kicked a ball for Walter Smith's side in five weeks.

Bougherra has been out since he aggravated a hamstring strain in Rangers' 1-0 Old Firm victory over Celtic at Ibrox on February 28.

And in a bid to cure the problem he has spent the last fortnight in Qatar receiving treatment for the injury from Algeria and Paris St Germain doctor Hakim Chalabi.

Although the Arabian player of the year trained at Murray Park yesterday morning he won't be fit for Rangers' home clash with Aberdeen tomorrow night. But Bougherra is in contention to make a welcome return for the trip to Dundee United next midweek.

As the Ibrox club stumble across the SPL finishing line Bougherra's return should give Smith's weary side a lift.

Rangers need just three more victories to clinch their second consecutive championship.

Good news.

This is good news and I hope he does return to the team. At the moment it feels a little like we'll keep him on the bench then flog him off at the end of the season. I hope he does stay for another year though.

This is good news and I hope he does return to the team. At the moment it feels a little like we'll keep him on the bench then flog him off at the end of the season. I hope he does stay for another year though.

I don't know how you can possibly come up with that scenario from the information available.

My only question is; Do we not have a medical team that can fix a hamstring?

cant wait to get him back in the team hopefully it'll push the midfield up the park and they wont sit so deep

as the gap between our strikers and midfield has been the problem in recent games imo

so heres hoping we see some better football getting played between now and the end of the season

I don't know how you can possibly come up with that scenario from the information available.

My only question is; Do we not have a medical team that can fix a hamstring?

Yeah, I guess it's just a gut feeling I have. Scared we'll loose him. :(