Are We Ready for the Champions League

Due to our current state Im just happy to stay on top in Scotland. We are never going to win the CL so while its nice to participate in the groups, Im not concerned about how we get on.

Are we ready, definitely not, do I care, well I suppose in a way I do as I would love to see us competing at the highest level as it would only improve our players and increase our prestige. I feel from the end of this season we are going to be in a period of transition, especially if there is a new owner to the club, will that bring in more money for players etc we'll just have to wait and see, I am just glad though that it's looking more likely that we'll be in the group stages automatically and not have to play a qualifying round as to me (and the club), the monies we'll make from just being in the group stages is at this moment in time the most important thing.

no chance were ever going to be ready . just be content to pick up the money and run

Have to agree with this, unless we could a huge cash injection with new players I'm more than happy to just be there and grab the cash.

We are nowhere near ready. We would need at least five players to come in to even have a chance. We need two new full backs and two wide players. We could also do with a big strike in the mould of Daniel Cousin to play up front if we are going to do the usual 1 up front.

At SPL level we can get by with Whittaker and Papac but in the Champions League as we saw this season they got found out. We need to add pace in the wide areas because we are just too slow at the moment.

Im assuming Barcelona will win this seasons and we wont need ay qualifiers.... which is a total bonus in it's self. The mhanky mob will finish second and hopefully they wont get in and we get all Scotland's TV money from Uefa again.

When the group draw comes up....we should just take each game as it comes and see where we get.... Seviila were always going to win both games against us... Unirea at home was a freak result for me and we should have won that game away. Stuttgart @ home was the disappointing one - we looked like a beaten team before we went on that park..

Lets get this league wrapped up...get rid of some deadwood and let the financial situation sort its self out and we will know were we stand in the next few months.

Couldn't care less if we can 'compete' in Europe or not, we get the money for the Group Stages anyway.

Europe is nothing but a bonus, a few nice days out for the fans. (tu)

At this point in time even thinking about what would happen in the CL with the current players we have sends shivers down my spine.....And I can guarantee you it's not with excitement or expectation.

We have nowhere near a squad good enough to win the SPL next season, never mind do well in Europe and that's not taking into account the players we may lose at the end of this season, because I can not see us retain the better players we have if other clubs put a bid in for them.

So I'll just celebrate us winning the Title this year when it happens and start thinking about Europe when we find out if we get a new owner and what players we end up with.

A lot of us (including me) had unreasonable expectations in last year's CL, so I'm just happy to be there this time.

I'd like to see us bring a couple of wingers in and go for it though. I don't want to see us go out with a defensive whimper like we did this year, that was embarrassing.

Interesting thoughts Bears. So much depends on the financial situation etc. At the moment -- even with this side -- we're not 'ready' in the sense we will challenge. Might get a result or 2 at Fortress Ibrox.. but we'd be very lucky to drop into the Europa.

In saying that, we'll probably win the whole thing!

watp.

This is what we need to be ready

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :wilson: :bougherra: :papac:

New player :edu: :davis: :thomson: New player

New Player/ :novo: / :Naismith:

We might be able to do ok if we do that considering this may be the best team we will be able to get

IMO we need a RB, LB, CB, RM/W, LM/W and a ST.

Whittaker, defensively is no use, Broadfoot is shite. I've never rated Papac, he just doesn't do it for me. Yes he 'does a job' but we need better than that. He's been terrible for months now. Novo and Naismith wont do for the Champions League, and neither will Lafferty.