Stevie Smith

iain88

quote name='wearethemighty' date='16 April 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1271456867' post='1057883000']

Id rather have Smith at lb than Papac. Never really rated Papac as anything more than decent whereas Smith has more pace and much better delivery into the box. Unfortunatly just another decent scottish player to be tossed away by us.

You will have to explain that one, Smith has had more than enough opportunities, pro injury he is a shadow of the player that he might have been, Rangers are 100% correct in this, totally blameless.

Tossed away!! if we have no better than Smith as a stand in we are in big trouble.

I liked him too and will be sorry to see him go. It was the injuries wot done it for him though, he could've been a great player for us and Scotland. Perhaps a fresh start will do him good, hope he gets back to his best and becomes the great left back he looked like developing into.

He confirmed on the official website a few weeks ago that he was leaving. :)

didn't know that,is he looking for a new team.??

or is he been forced to quit football because of all his injuries.

:lol: More scotts shite haha

With Boogie, Weir & Probably Wilson off at the end of the season, keeping Stevie Smith would be the smart option. A very good bet that Sasa will be moved back to his original position in the middle.

Sasa Papac is more of a left back than a center half!

Never thought I would say this but I hope Walter reverts to his usual way of playing a central defender at left back for the games that Papac will miss.I would trust Wilson at left back rather than playing poor right footed full backs there or playing Smith who really is a very poor full back.

Wylde should be in there.

There's no creditable reason for playing Smith. He won't be here next year, he's not that good and the experience of a few games would be vital to someone like the aforementioned Wylde.

You just know he's going to play though.