Atmosphere

minstral

I think it's most people aren't sure what they are allowed to sing anymore.

There would be alot of fear of being banned from the ground.

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doath

I'm not sure what you're oh dearing at ?

There are no songs that are offically banned at Ibrox.

Come on calum i think you know what he means, the famine songs dissapeared the billy boys, fuck they even complained about the bouncy, you know how it goes mate

I've sang both at Ibrox plenty of times after they've been " banned " and i'm still kicking about.

If every bear was willing they wouldn't stand a chance, sadly there is only very very small percentage of the Ibrox support willing to do so.

exactly hence the reason im an away day punter now. Remember mate if something is printed and said people will start to believe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's most people aren't sure what they are allowed to sing anymore.

There would be alot of fear of being banned from the ground.

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doath

I'm not sure what you're oh dearing at ?

There are no songs that are offically banned at Ibrox.

Come on calum i think you know what he means, the famine songs dissapeared the billy boys, fuck they even complained about the bouncy, you know how it goes mate

I've sang both at Ibrox plenty of times after they've been " banned " and i'm still kicking about.

If every bear was willing they wouldn't stand a chance, sadly there is only very very small percentage of the Ibrox support willing to do so.

Agree Calum mate its okay saying its banned, but if a large group start singing it there is no way anything will get done. Its just most dont want to get up and create stuff. Each one of those songs mentioned has been sung recently at an away game.

Right lets get arranged for the final game at Ibrox with the UB and BO because these days that seems like the only groups that can make any atmosphere.

Totally agree mate what an atmosphere it would be

Can anyone tell me what the problem is with the atmosphere at Ibrox. We were needing the points to help clinch the title and the place seemed so quiet, and before anyone says get to the game and support the team, i would love to. But due to family matters i cant go, but to see the place so quiet is unreal, and i am wondering is it because of the stewards and police, that people are scared to sing. Years ago as people know the place would be bouncing on a day like this and i would be interested to hear what all you members think is the problem.

Anyone who knows you and who has read your posts on here minstral, would never even think of saying that to you mate! (tu)

I would love to be at the games...especially at Ibrox. Finances dictate that, sadly, I cant. I can't therefore say why the home games are so 'flat'. I couldn't believe it at times on the radio today. It was almost like listening to a game down the local park on a Sunday morning. I had thought that the Beeb had perhaps turned their mics down or something, but then...on the odd occasion that we broke up field, you could hear the crowd willing the team on!

I think.....and have nothing to back this up, but I think the reason comes down to 3 things.

1). An all seated stadium. IMO, there's nothing to beat standing at a game and generally acting like a bit of a rogue for 90 minutes. We don't have that anymore, sadly!

2). Over zealous stewarding during songs. What is it about todays 'society' that a group of people cant get together and sing songs containing a few 'choice' words!

3). Nerves. I seriously can not work this one out. We were 8 points ahead, 4 and a bit games to go only needing one more win/one more timmy slip up, yet even at 1-0, the place was silent!

Those are my thoughts, but it's really up to those who go/were there to say what the reasons were. The last game I went to was the Hamilton replay at Ibrox. I sat in awe as The Blue Order belted out song after song and tried in vein to get the 25,000 fans inside to get the atmosphere going. Yes it was a freezing night, but even sat in the East Enclosure.....I felt totally out of place when I tried to sing. You could virtually feel people staring at you when you did. Very weird feeling!

When you hear our great away support it makes me proud. At one time our support used to intimidate the opposition, but now teams are not scared anymore. The ghosts of Ibrox must wonder where all the noise has gone, and when you watch some of the old clips and hear the atmosphere that ther used to be, it breaks your heart.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is with the atmosphere at Ibrox. We were needing the points to help clinch the title and the place seemed so quiet, and before anyone says get to the game and support the team, i would love to. But due to family matters i cant go, but to see the place so quiet is unreal, and i am wondering is it because of the stewards and police, that people are scared to sing. Years ago as people know the place would be bouncing on a day like this and i would be interested to hear what all you members think is the problem.

Anyone who knows you and who has read your posts on here minstral, would never even think of saying that to you mate! (tu)

I would love to be at the games...especially at Ibrox. Finances dictate that, sadly, I cant. I can't therefore say why the home games are so 'flat'. I couldn't believe it at times on the radio today. It was almost like listening to a game down the local park on a Sunday morning. I had thought that the Beeb had perhaps turned their mics down or something, but then...on the odd occasion that we broke up field, you could hear the crowd willing the team on!

I think.....and have nothing to back this up, but I think the reason comes down to 3 things.

1). An all seated stadium. IMO, there's nothing to beat standing at a game and generally acting like a bit of a rogue for 90 minutes. We don't have that anymore, sadly!

2). Over zealous stewarding during songs. What is it about todays 'society' that a group of people cant get together and sing songs containing a few 'choice' words!

3). Nerves. I seriously can not work this one out. We were 8 points ahead, 4 and a bit games to go only needing one more win/one more timmy slip up, yet even at 1-0, the place was silent!

Those are my thoughts, but it's really up to those who go/were there to say what the reasons were. The last game I went to was the Hamilton replay at Ibrox. I sat in awe as The Blue Order belted out song after song and tried in vein to get the 25,000 fans inside to get the atmosphere going. Yes it was a freezing night, but even sat in the East Enclosure.....I felt totally out of place when I tried to sing. You could virtually feel people staring at you when you did. Very weird feeling!

Good post mate. (tu)

Which is exactly why I'm reminding everyone there are no songs banned at Ibrox ;)

Oh dear doh

:pipe:

Whats oh dear for. ?

lol :sherlock:

I'm sorry but your a cunt.

I never said once that songs were "banned", what I said was that I think it's because people don't know what they are allowed to sing anymore.

Your not much of a Rangers fan if you weren't aware that most of our support won't sing TBB anymore.

I myself would sing it at games, I was only giving my opinion to the original question of why the atmosphere isn't as good anymore.

Back to the OP, I personally think it all started to go quiet way back when Ibrox became an all seater stadium and mostly filled with season ticket holders, not everyone could afford a season ticket and so instead of standing with a crowd of your mates you would get tickets for whatever part of the ground you could, and ended up splitting up at the ground, and as you and I can remember A lot of songs got started when a group of mates got them started and everyone else around joined in creating a snowball effect.

Add to that when Murray hired that bastard Herr Hood and the rock steady security in the early 90's, anyone who tried to startup a decent chant was told to sit down shut up or get thrown out, that to me is when the rot started to set in, fans who had supported the Teddies all their lives started to get sick of it and started to drift away opening the doors for the arseholes who didn't like to be disturbed at at football match of all places FFS and would complain to the stewards who seemed over zealous in complying with the complainant, it was a steady chip chip chip.

Along comes the 2000's and now we get to the worst capitulation I wish I hadn't lived to witness when once again that bastard Murray leaves the support hanging out to dry and makes no attempt at fighting our corner re: THE BILLY BOYS, and no matter what the handwringers say that was our anthem, it is a fucking disgrace the way it was abandoned by The Rangers.

It's now come to the point where apathy rules at Ibrox and it will now take something extraordinary to get the old lady back on her feet and rocking to the foundations as she did in days of yore, I really really do feel sorry for the youngsters in the support who have never got to witness Ibrox rocking on a weekly basis.

Back to the OP, I personally think it all started to go quiet way back when Ibrox became an all seater stadium and mostly filled with season ticket holders, not everyone could afford a season ticket and so instead of standing with a crowd of your mates you would get tickets for whatever part of the ground you could, and ended up splitting up at the ground, and as you and I can remember A lot of songs got started when a group of mates got them started and everyone else around joined in creating a snowball effect.

Add to that when Murray hired that bastard Herr Hood and the rock steady security in the early 90's, anyone who tried to startup a decent chant was told to sit down shut up or get thrown out, that to me is when the rot started to set in, fans who had supported the Teddies all their lives started to get sick of it and started to drift away opening the doors for the arseholes who didn't like to be disturbed at at football match of all places FFS and would complain to the stewards who seemed over zealous in complying with the complainant, it was a steady chip chip chip.

Along comes the 2000's and now we get to the worst capitulation I wish I hadn't lived to witness when once again that bastard Murray leaves the support hanging out to dry and makes no attempt at fighting our corner re: THE BILLY BOYS, and no matter what the handwringers say that was our anthem, it is a fucking disgrace the way it was abandoned by The Rangers.

It's now come to the point where apathy rules at Ibrox and it will now take something extraordinary to get the old lady back on her feet and rocking to the foundations as she did in days of yore, I really really do feel sorry for the youngsters in the support who have never got to witness Ibrox rocking on a weekly basis.

Another good post mate. (tu)

Nicely put lad agree 100% (tu)

Stop all the moaning ffs , it will always be what we the fans actually make it , We Are The People ( if you want to criticise , ffs make it constructive ) get behind your team :21::uk::21:

If only they would get behind the team.

To be honest Minstral I think its (sadly) down to many of our support seeing Rangers as a hobby to do once a week and nothing more. Whilst on the other hand we indulge ourselves at every opportunity, even if its only posting on a message board. The old attitude of eat sleep dream football appears to be dying out and "90 minute" fans appear to be becoming the norm.

As another poster said about the all-seater Ibrox and splitting up friends, I think your spot on mate! However, we're all bears, so surely if your attending 20+ home games a season you must build up a rapport with those sitting around you, even if you didn't know them to start? When me and a few of the south west boys go, we usually sit in the broomloan front and are actually recognized and happily chat with a few season ticket holders, despite me only attending 5-10 home matches a year (due to financial reasons and distance).

I love Rangers, spend hours of my life each week reading about our glorious past and contributing on messageboards etc. But for some people, turning up and cheering when Novo comes on seems to be enough.

I feel the only way to get our roar back is to wait for the upcoming generation of bears to kick in, and allow them all to be bring the No Surrender attitude back to Ibrox...

because whoever the 40,000 are that don't sing at the moment surely havn't got it :sherlock:

To be honest Minstral I think its (sadly) down to many of our support seeing Rangers as a hobby to do once a week and nothing more. Whilst on the other hand we indulge ourselves at every opportunity, even if its only posting on a message board. The old attitude of eat sleep dream football appears to be dying out and "90 minute" fans appear to be becoming the norm.

As another poster said about the all-seater Ibrox and splitting up friends, I think your spot on mate! However, we're all bears, so surely if your attending 20+ home games a season you must build up a rapport with those sitting around you, even if you didn't know them to start? When me and a few of the south west boys go, we usually sit in the broomloan front and are actually recognized and happily chat with a few season ticket holders, despite me only attending 5-10 home matches a year (due to financial reasons and distance).

I love Rangers, spend hours of my life each week reading about our glorious past and contributing on messageboards etc. But for some people, turning up and cheering when Novo comes on seems to be enough.

I feel the only way to get our roar back is to wait for the upcoming generation of bears to kick in, and allow them all to be bring the No Surrender attitude back to Ibrox...

because whoever the 40,000 are that don't sing at the moment surely havn't got it :sherlock:

I can mind i started a thread a few months ago about people using the club as a hobby and i agree with what you are saying. I think that when some leave at the end of the game, that they dont give Rangers a thought until the next game.

Which is exactly why I'm reminding everyone there are no songs banned at Ibrox ;)

Oh dear doh

Whats oh dear for. ?

I never said once that songs were "banned", what I said was that I think it's because people don't know what they are allowed to sing anymore.

Your not much of a Rangers fan if you weren't aware that most of our support won't sing TBB anymore.

I myself would sing it at games, I was only giving my opinion to the original question of why the atmosphere isn't as good anymore.

I asked what songs were banned and you said oh dear...

So what songs are banned?

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Oh dear doh

Whats oh dear for. ?

I asked what songs were banned and you said oh dear...

So what songs are banned?

TBB?