Just watched the UEFA Cup Final

billyc79

I've finally decided to watch the final. I was too pissed in manchester and could not remember much of the match apart from the goals really. So its took me nearly 2 years to bring myself to watch it. Up until they scored at 72mins it was almost 50/50, They had a few shots and that but i felt we coped ok with them and just switching off for the wee sec fucked us. They killed the game after that. If only darch had buried that great chance. I must be honest and say im glad i watched it and was enjoying it until they scored. fergie never kicked a ball but if i remember right he was carrying an injury for ages?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the final and watched it a while ago, I think we did really well up until the goal, wee Novo had a decent chance at the end too. The fact we got there was legendary in itself, our first final in over 30 years. People still say to this day we should have attacked Zenit but we would have got steamrolled like Bayern in the semi, no question. Words can't sum up how good that day was despite the result.

We could have had a penalty and Barry and Darcheville were both unlucky... I thought our best chance was actually when Whittaker was outside the box, he was running towards goal with the ball and had scored 2 goals that season from the exact position, I thought he was gonna put it right in the top corner, but he never :(

we should be very proud that the team we had at that point go us there. i was happy we got past Wender Bremen to be honest. in the end chasing all 4 fronts damaged us. But i wouldnt change anything in that year if i had the chance, like chasing all 4 honorus. cause it was great to watch our team go out and win every second day nearly, and try to win everything they were chasing.

we should be very proud that the team we had at that point go us there. i was happy we got past Wender Bremen to be honest. in the end chasing all 4 fronts damaged us. But i wouldnt change anything in that year if i had the chance, like chasing all 4 honorus. cause it was great to watch our team go out and win every second day nearly, and try to win everything they were chasing.

and gutting how we were handed an impossible fixture schedule for the run in

its the only reason Schellick won the league that year :angry:

We did pretty well imho. A wee bit unlucky early in the second half (The Darche/Baz link up). Should have had a penalty..

Their goal -- iirc -- was scored after Big Davie gave the ball away. But to me... The biggest miss was when we were down 1-0. Novo had it lined up but Big Lee got in his way and Nacho blasted over. Going by memory so maybe not quite correct...

We weren't nearly as bad as many made us out to be. We were actually pretty damn good -- and factor in all of the matches we had played to that point.

i got suspended from work and nearly sacked the night of the semis i work with asda and i was in the warehouse and tried to keep track of the game i heard it went to penalties so i asked my manager if i could go to the canteen to watch and they said no so i said fuck you im goin went into watch and there was 2 other workers there who finished there shifts tims by the way i wis givin it laldy the nxt thing 2 managers came in tryin to get me to return to work well u ken what my reply wis to that FUCK OFF lol then it comes to novos penalty and as hes walkin up to take it the cunt turned the telly off i went fuckin mental one shat there sell and ran down the stairs the other one just stood in shock good for her she was a woman cos if it wis a bloke he was goin oot the top floor window so i foned my self a taxi went tae the pub and got pished fuck knows how i got kept on been there 5 year noo but whit a fuckin uproar it caused i wouldny have missed it for anythin

GERS FOREVER :21::uk:

We hadn't conceeded a goal in 8 hours of UEFA Cup football, fucking tremendous achievement.

I always forget how late their first goal actually came, too. Gutting that we couldn't win it but that Zenit team was top class.