The good news that we have been waiting for

BILLYSNOVO

The club will only be debt-free he any new owner has the cash to pay for it. Look at how the Glazer family financed their bid for Manchester United.

Surely a deal like that would not be accepted......

I don't know how desperate Murray is to be rid of us. If there are no other prospective buyers on the horizon, he may decide that it's now or never. Only time will tell, but some of the uncertainty has been removed from the situation.. .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The club will only be debt-free he any new owner has the cash to pay for it. Look at how the Glazer family financed their bid for Manchester United.

I think we all know the right kind of debt is not a bad thing.

However, it is very risky and we simply don't have the finance available to service the kind of figures being talked about for huge developments.

It will have to be underwitten - either by another bank - or by a wealthy individual(s).

Irrespective of what may or may not be, this is still good news, it is clear, concise there is no hidden agenda, our debt is approximately £31 million and not the stupid amounts that some on here feared and what King tried to say it was.

If Ellis does come in, then I feel we need to get behind him, he might have some ulterior motives surrounding the land/property round about Ibrox and he does see that as a potential goldmine for him, but I do believe he wouldn't leave the club in the shit, and I believe given proper financial management we can operate easily as a club.

Irrespective of what may or may not be, this is still good news, it is clear, concise there is no hidden agenda, our debt is approximately £31 million and not the stupid amounts that some on here feared and what King tried to say it was.

If Ellis does come in, then I feel we need to get behind him, he might have some ulterior motives surrounding the land/property round about Ibrox and he does see that as a potential goldmine for him, but I do believe he wouldn't leave the club in the shit, and I believe given proper financial management we can operate easily as a club.

Hear Hear...well flippen said!!

I think we all know the right kind of debt is not a bad thing.

However, it is very risky and we simply don't have the finance available to service the kind of figures being talked about for huge developments.

It will have to be underwitten - either by another bank - or by a wealthy individual(s).

The glazers put what should have been personal debt onto man utds books, that is the sort of deal I am talking about

I thought whoever buys the club (30 mill) off SDM the money (30 mill) which SDM has recived he is putting straight into Loyds to pay of Rangers debts. So really SDM is makeing fuck all out the deal but means Rangers are off is hands. wacko.gif

I could be wrong ph34r.gif

I thought whoever buys the club (30 mill) off SDM the money (30 mill) which SDM has recived he is putting straight into Loyds to pay of Rangers debts. So really SDM is makeing fuck all out the deal but means Rangers are off is hands. wacko.gif

I'm sure there would have been more interest if that was the case!

The big challenge for any chairman of Rangers is to try and make the company profitable without the Champions League money.

A realistic rangers budget should be breaking even with group stages, or maybe one game beyond, in the uefa cup but would the fans stand for the cutbacks that you would need to make for that to happen…….they may have too…..

As I said i could be wrong ...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=149817

Murray, whose group of companies own 92 per cent of Rangers, said the proceeds from a sale would be used to pay off the club's debt which is understood to have fallen from £31.1 million to about £25m.

"A buyer would pay a figure to buy a debt-free club," he said, adding that "Rangers are in a much-improved position".

But that is the impression I am getting 10310.gif

As I said i could be wrong ...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=149817

Murray, whose group of companies own 92 per cent of Rangers, said the proceeds from a sale would be used to pay off the club's debt which is understood to have fallen from £31.1 million to about £25m.

"A buyer would pay a figure to buy a debt-free club," he said, adding that "Rangers are in a much-improved position".

But that is the impression I am getting 10310.gif

I could be wrong too. :-) We're all just guessing at the moment.

How long would we stay debt free? Next year we have to play qualifiers to reach the Champions League so we won't be guaranteed that cash. Does Ellis have the money to back us so we can build without finding ourselves in this situation again?

We don't need to play qualifiers next year, we go straight into the group stage do we not as Lyon did not win the cup this year? That's what I took from it anyway!

Sorry mate I should have been clearer. You mean next season. I mean next year for the 2011/12 Champions League (tu)

Ellis may well be a property developer, but that doesn't mean he's into Rangers for property. He could just as well buy property. Dermot Desmond is one as well, but he's not landscaping celtic park.

Regardless of anything else, Rangers can't go on as we are, and thus far, Ellis is the only game in town.

If he gets the banks off our backs and frees up cash for players, then we're much better off. We can worry about the long term implications later. We don't have a long term otherwise.

Thats sounds like beggars can't be choosers, but it's not a million miles from where we are right now.

Ellis might not be ideal in some folks eyes, but whats the alternative ?

Much better news than i was expecting from theMIH accounts. Excellent!!

However if thats the case im wondering why Smith hasn't re-signed or the likes of Boyd/Novo been offered?????

Even without CL revenue we should easily be looking at a £35m turnover (closer to £55m once merchandise comes back in house). With wages no more than £18m of that it should be comfortable to live within our means. More youth players in squad on £2/3k per week and more players from emerging markets but its managageable. We can still afford the best Scottish players - just need to get in quick before the English although their debt bubble should burst soon.

However if thats the case im wondering why Smith hasn't re-signed or the likes of Boyd/Novo been offered?????

Even without CL revenue we should easily be looking at a £35m turnover (closer to £55m once merchandise comes back in house). With wages no more than £18m of that it should be comfortable to live within our means. More youth players in squad on £2/3k per week and more players from emerging markets but its managageable. We can still afford the best Scottish players - just need to get in quick before the English although their debt bubble should burst soon.

The players have been offered contracts which they have chosen not to sign. The club cannot force them to do so. Smith and his team agreed to work without contracts to remove one possible stumbling block, making any proposed sale easier to complete.

PIB, if he did plan to buy ground round ibrox and develop it not sure why anyone would have a problem with that as long as it wasn't to the determent of the club.

Unless the person buying the club is a rangers fan their would have to be something in it for them.

Because when the name Ellis was first mentioned there was so much doom and gloom scenarios being posted about his intentions which would only be hearsay and not actual fact as to what his intentions might be.

How long would we stay debt free? Next year we have to play qualifiers to reach the Champions League so we won't be guaranteed that cash. Does Ellis have the money to back us so we can build without finding ourselves in this situation again?

We should have a business plan in place where CL income isn't replied upon. Its as simple as that.

Double dose ;-)

How long has the JJB deal got to go? Isn't this the final season?

dumb it down for me guys....

do we owe 30 mil to lloyds?

does this mean we may actually be able to give watty and co a contract, and possibly buy some players?

It'll be closer to 25million. Though contrary to what you may have read, its highly unlikely the bank are going to want all of that in the one go.

We'll probably have a small pot of cash to bring in players. But seeing as six players are out of contract and we have no idea who will stay or go that may fall well short of cash actually needed.

All guess work though.