"McGeady is a cheating b*****d!"

FORMER top referee Jeff Winter was forced into an embarrassing climbdown last night after branding Aiden McGeady "a cheating b*****d".

Self-confessed Rangers fan Winter was among Gers followers at the Old Firm game at Parkhead on Tuesday night.

The ex-Premier League whistler launched the attack on Celtic winger McGeady on his personal website.

But Winter withdrew the offensive remarks last night.

Winter had blogged: "Lee McCulloch was unwise to launch himself into a challenge having already been booked.

"But the cheating b*****d McGeady did not help matters by deliberately going to ground without any contact having been made. I hope he is proud of himself."

Gers star McCulloch was dismissed by ref Calum Murray near the end of Celts' 2-1 win.

Winter said last night: "The article was written for Rangers fans. If it caused offence to anyone else, I'm sorry."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2964816/McGeady-is-a-cheating-bd.html#ixzz0nHqST9fO

:lol::praise:

He's not a cheating bastard. He's a cheating CUNT.

It's brilliant that Jeff Winter notices players diving now his fat erse isn't running up and down the pitch. :sherlock:

Why the fuck should be apologise? its his own Personal website, he can write whatever the fuck he wants, even if he was a former ref.

Jeff Winters apologised for stating a FACT?doh That's like him giving somebody a Red card and then changing his mind and letting the bastard resume playing.

You should never apologise for stating a FACT. :clap:But good on the big man for telling it like it is, in the first place.

"If it caused offence to anyone else, I'm sorry"

He isn't directly apologizing for what he said, he's offering sympathy to anybody that took offence.

Don't mean to be trivial, but if it was a "proper" apology it would have been more along the lines of "I'm sorry for my statements and shouldn't have said them".

A bit like when you tell somebody "I'm sorry if you think I meant it like that, but..". You aren't taking back your words, you're expressing regret at their reaction to what you have said.

Anyone have a clue what I mean? :BELM:

Anyway, everybody loves Jeff Winters (tu)