Hearts release big-name four

Laryea Kingston, Michael Stewart, Jose Goncalves and Christian Nade will leave Hearts this summer as the club shed four of their highest-paid players.

And Australian winger Rocky Visconte has already returned to his homeland to join A-League outfit Brisbane Roar.

Stewart, stripped of the club captaincy in the final weeks of the season, is currently in talks with Turkish Superleague side Genclerbirligi.

The midfielder did not feature in the final three games of the season.

His departure will end 29-year-old Stewart's three-year spell with Hearts, with whom he had first spent time on loan while with Manchester United before joining Edinburgh rivals Hibernian.

Portuguese defender Goncalves, who returned to Hearts this season after a year-long loan to Nuremberg, had not been chosen for the first-team since March.

Jose Goncalves and Christian Nade

Goncalves and Nade have not played for Hearts for several months

Manager Jim Jefferies said that he would no longer pick the 24-year-old because he had rejected the offer of a new contract.

Meanwhile, 25-year-old French striker Nade, who arrived at Tynecastle after leaving Sheffield United in 2007, has not played for Hearts since 10 April.

Kingston, who joined Hearts from Russian club Terek Grozny in 2007, had featured for the Edinburgh outfit in the latter part of the season after recovering from injury and had expressed his hope of being offered a new contract.

The 29-year-old midfielder is presently training with Ghana's World Cup squad after being chosen in Milovan Rajevac's 30-man provisional squad.

Visconte had come through Hearts' youth system and played three times for the first team in January before being loaned out to First Division side Ayr United.

Meanwhile, Hearts have released striker Ryan Wallace and youth midfielders Elias Wagner and Billy McKenna.

Like Visconte, Wallace had made his first-team debut in January and made one more substitute appearance.

Austrian winger Wagner famously joined Hearts in 2007 only days after being released by neighbours Hibs as he was unhappy at his lack of games.

However, the 19-year-old, who suffered a double leg break last summer, failed to make the breakthrough at Tynecastle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8680123.stm

I think Rangers should sign Christian Nade, he's been a consistent goal scorer at every level and would be a direct replacement for Boyd if he leaves :pipe:

IMO, Darren Mackie offers more than nade :pipe:

I like Kingston as a player but he seems to have a bad attitude, dont need that at Ibrox :). Always rated Stewart, probably wouldnt cut it in the starting 11 for us, but would be good to have had on the bench

Wouldn't take any of them.

Isn't Stewart away to Turkey?

well done, you read the article

Stewart, stripped of the club captaincy in the final weeks of the season, is currently in talks with Turkish Superleague side Genclerbirligi.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Wouldn't take any of them.

Isn't Stewart away to Turkey?

well done, you read the article

I didn't read the article, and the sarcasm wasn't needed (tu)

Stewart didnt impress when we had him on trial years ago so i wouldnt touch him

Goncalves would only be a squad player, we have Webster back next year so we wont need him

Kingston is a good player, but a greetin faced bastard and terrible work ethic 75% of the time

Nade is just a fat mess and i wouldnt touch him with a barge pole

Stewart didnt impress when we had him on trial years ago so i wouldnt touch him

Goncalves would only be a squad player, we have Webster back next year so we wont need him

Kingston is a good player, but a greetin faced bastard and terrible work ethic 75% of the time

Nade is just a fat mess and i wouldnt touch him with a barge pole

Couldn't put it better :lol:

Would take Goncalves as a squad player because we need a bigger squad.