Android Apps

maverick1200

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are peoples HTC's holding up? Ive been put off by the iPhone 4 after the trouble my mates been havin and fancy taking a gander up to the T Mobile store tomorrow to order my desire... or is there a new HTC phone out soon?

I've been seriously considering getting a smartphone, but I'm stuck between the HTC Legend, Desire, iPhone and Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 which is Android 1.6 but has a 4 inch screen. Unlike the Desire, which looks ugly, cheap and plasticy, the XPERIA is classy.

I still can't make up my mind, despite researching them all and looking at a few in shops or that friends have got.

Any thoughts on the XPERIA?

Have the desire and have to go against your comments about it looking cheap, ugly and plasticy. I also have a case on it aswell.

I wouldnt trust sony after all the problems I had with my c905. There should be a few more android phones being released over the next few months that will be worth a shout if you can hold off.

Have the desire and have to go against your comments about it looking cheap, ugly and plasticy. I also have a case on it aswell.

I wouldnt trust sony after all the problems I had with my c905. There should be a few more android phones being released over the next few months that will be worth a shout if you can hold off.

Cheers mate. I think I may just do that.

My Sony Ericsson w300i is still running sweet (after a new battery purchase) and I love its sound quality.

Always like sony phones for multimedia but as I have an iPod didnt really make too much of a difference for me.

Im just back from the town and managed to get a Desire in carphone warehouse, sitting playing about with it just now, dont know where to bloody start though!

• 2 weeks later...

Android 2.2 is out for unlocked phones, might also be worth having a check if you're on a contract phone.

Orange say they wont be rolling it out for about 4 weeks, but i tried last night and i got the upgrade :D

I've upgraded to 2.2, I'm on a unbranded Orange desire. I'm sooo glad they didn't ship me my phone with all their shite on it.

Does it need to be rooted to do this.

I also have an unbranded desire on orange but havent been pushed the update.

I've upgraded to 2.2, I'm on a unbranded Orange desire. I'm sooo glad they didn't ship me my phone with all their shite on it.

Does it need to be rooted to do this.

I also have an unbranded desire on orange but havent been pushed the update.

No, HTC have brought out the 2.2 update for unbranded desires. Orange, Vodafone etc... will be working on there versions now, Oranges update is coming out in a months time.

My desire pushed me for the update. Im sure that you can go into settings - about phone - system software updates and receive it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...