PS3 or XBOX 360?

laudrupno1

Right ppl its time to get myself a new console again as just seen in argos deals mag 2day a free world cup game if buyin ps3 or the 360 but honestly dont know which to choose as ive had the old 360 & had countless problems and repacements although wen it did work i found the gameplay/graphics very good previously i always bought the latest playstation so i dont know wether to get the new elite xbox or the ps3,im more into good games & graphics and reliability as heard the ps3 has had faults too so dont want another brick,ive not seen any blu-ray movies either so dont know if this is really any good or worth having any advice would be great before buying this wkend cheers :wink:

Xbox 360

Pros: Cheaper, More Games, Better Online(£40 a Year) but worth it, Better controller for shooting games

Cons: Red Lights (Breaks Easily), Destroys Disc (sometimes), Charge for Xbox Live, No Blu-Ray (If you want it), No internet browser

PS3

Pros: Blu-Ray, Free Online, Internet Browser, Use Bluetooth gear

Cons: Dearer, Online isn't tht good, controller for shooting games is poor

I have an Xbox because Imo it has better games but that's everyone's own opinion so it's up to you.

Xbox 360

Pros: Cheaper, More Games, Better Online(£40 a Year) but worth it, Better controller for shooting games

Cons: Red Lights (Breaks Easily), Destroys Disc (sometimes), Charge for Xbox Live, No Blu-Ray (If you want it), No internet browser

PS3

I have an Xbox because Imo it has better games but that's everyone's own opinion so it's up to you.

cheers mate for sum sound advice :clap:

Xbox 360

PS3

I have both mate and can honestly say the £40 a year you need to pay for live is so worth it compared to shitty PSN, the PS3 now sits in my livingroom collecting dust!

PS3 PS3 PS3 ALL THE WAY!!!

i knew this would happen lol :lol:

Couldnt help myself :lol:

cool cool :wink: u had any probs wit ur ps3?wots blu-ray like mate? :beer1:

I have had my ps3 for about 3 years now mate, not had one single problem with it at all, blue-ray is very good on some movies and then on others i cant tell the difference tbh.

Xbox 360

PS3

I have both mate and can honestly say the £40 a year you need to pay for live is so worth it compared to shitty PSN, the PS3 now sits in my livingroom collecting dust!

cheers mate :wink: well im not a fan of dusting so i'll bear that in mind (tu)

Good point Graeme about the racing games! They are fantastic on Xbox because the triggers are proper triggers and not shitty ones on PS3 which is why i prefer it for FPS games as well. Shooting on cod is so much easier on xbox compared to PS3

My boy had an Xbox 360 & traded it in, along with all his games & accessroies and purchased a PS3.

I also have a PS3 but i'm not a fanboy of either console.

I like the PS3 because not only is it a very good games console (no problems with it yet .. i had to return my boys Xbox THREE times over a year) but it is also my main Blue-Ray player as it is a far better quality than my dedicated Sony player.

I bought an xbox as soon as they came out and had to send it away once. They sent me a brand new console and I've had it a year now and no problems whatsoever. The new consoles are alot better and more reliable than the older ones.

get witever your mates have so you can play them online

Thts the best thing he can do

This. Though if this doesn't matter to you then you'd be as well getting the console with superior versions of all multiformat games, which is still the 360.

You will only ever get people opinions on this.

As for controllers for certains games, then you are only going to be use to the ones you have had previously.

or the ps3 the pro are reliability and everything is built in, so once you buy it you dont have to buy anything else. I only use it for playing games and is connected wirelessly. The fact it has a blu ray drive would be good if developers developed games for consoles independently, but they dont. The maximum disc space of 50gb will never be utilised until the xbox gets a blu ray drive.