Ellis deal done?

warden90

The supports been split for a long time,certainly not the Ellis issue that's caused it.

There's always been a bit of a split right enough but when something as big and as controversial as the ellis deal comes along the split seems to widen a little bit more and becomes quite bitter.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The supports been split for a long time,certainly not the Ellis issue that's caused it.

you are correct bbbb08,but the fans have been at loggernheads.

That is shite,we have to pull together and that is the point.

Don't think we ever will mate,too many differences.

From songs we sing or cant sing(Protestant/Unionist Vs 'Handwringer'),Kenny Miller,whether Murray's been god or bad for us,Kris Boyd,whether the Supporters Trust does what it's there for etc,Fans ownership.

We cant even unite for a Founders Trail :lol:

Aye split on the internet. Most supporters couldn't give a monkeys for Forums.

You have hit the nail on the head there - people who run certain forums have delusions of importance.

If I want to know whats posted on FF I will get myself a snide IP address, snide name, snide e-mail account and log on and read it.

I dont fancy doing any of that shite so I think i will just stick to here for now.

There's always been a bit of a split right enough but when something as big and as controversial as the ellis deal comes along the split seems to widen a little bit more and becomes quite bitter.

You're a wank ! (tu):sherlock:

You're a wank ! (tu):sherlock:

LOL and you appear very much a cocksocket ;) does that make us even, isn't abusing others brilliant

p.s. happy birthday!

Rumour on another site (not FF!) that there'll be a story in the Daily Mail tomorrow that the Ellis deal is nearing completion. (The guy who posted it has been right about what's in the Mail before.) One to keep an eye out for anyway.

Rumour on another site (not FF!) that there'll be a story in the Daily Mail tomorrow that the Ellis deal is nearing completion. (The guy who posted it has been right about what's in the Mail before.) One to keep an eye out for anyway.

Many have been correct about what is in the Daily Wail :sherlock:

The story's in the Mail:

The Andrew Ellis takeover of Rangers has been agreed in principle and could end Sir David Murray’s reign as owner of the club by Friday afternoon.

Sportsmail has obtained a copy of a secret memo to key personnel in the £33million deal that will all but wipe out the club’s debts.

And now Murray seems certain to relinquish control of Rangers at noon on Friday, with Middle East cash having helped to fund the Ellis bid.

The remarkable blueprint is nicknamed ‘Project Charlotte’ — a play on Murray’s business HQ in Edinburgh’s Charlotte Square — and the takeover trail runs from Guernsey to London to Qatar.

Former Leeds United figurehead Chris Akers, who once made £301m by selling a company he initially founded for just £25,000, is involved in tandem with Ellis and has put together the takeover package following visits to Dubai and Qatar to source finance.

Last month, Sportsmail exclusively revealed Akers’ involvement in the deal.

Now manager Walter Smith, who signed a one-year contract with Rangers only a fortnight ago, could be handed a £10m summer transfer window war chest to prepare for the SPL title defence and the Champions League.

The documents issued suggest Ellis and his partners will wipe out £20m of debt held by Lloyds Banking Group.

It is believed Rangers, after recent cutbacks, are presently £27.5m in the red.

Murray is in line to receive £3.1m for his majority shareholding in the club but is expected to retain a small percentage under the blueprint and could land a role as honorary president.

Ellis, who had a two-month spell in charge of Northampton Town, registered his interest in Rangers in early March. Murray had formally put his 90-per-cent stake up for sale last October after stepping down as chairman in August of that year.

It is not clear yet how the proposed change in ownership might affect senior figures like chairman Alastair Johnston, chief executive Martin Bain and the football management team of Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall.

Ellis and Johnston clashed in public less than a month ago and any changes in the chairmanship or directorship of Rangers will have to be processed through the SFA and meet certain criteria.

Just a month ago, Ellis said: ‘I am confident there will be serious developments in the next three to four weeks.

‘Should I gain control, I intend to offer Walter Smith a new contract, as his experience and knowledge is invaluable.

‘It is also only fitting that former chairman Sir David Murray should be offered the role of life president, as what he has done for the club can never be forgotten.’

Smith, who reacted angrily to Ellis offering him a new deal via the media, signed his one-year contract since those comments and seems unlikely to be shifted in his resolve to leave Rangers for a second time in May 2011.

But what looks odds-on is that after leading Rangers for more than two decades, the former rugby player from Ayr will finally relinquish his controlling interest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285161/End-game-Andrew-Ellis-consortium-closing-33m-Rangers-takeover.html

End game! Andrew Ellis consortium closing in on £33m Rangers takeover

EXCLUSIVE By PETER JARDINE

Last updated at 12:39 AM on 9th June 2010

Comments (-)

Add to My Stories

Gers takeover: Businessman Andrew Ellis

The Andrew Ellis takeover of Rangers has been agreed in principle and could end Sir David Murray’s reign as owner of the club by Friday afternoon.

Sportsmail has obtained a copy of a secret memo to key personnel in the £33million deal that will all but wipe out the club’s debts.

And now Murray seems certain to relinquish control of Rangers at noon on Friday, with Middle East cash having helped to fund the Ellis bid.

The remarkable blueprint is nicknamed ‘Project Charlotte’ — a play on Murray’s business HQ in Edinburgh’s Charlotte Square — and the takeover trail runs from Guernsey to London to Qatar.

Former Leeds United figurehead Chris Akers, who once made £301m by selling a company he initially founded for just £25,000, is involved in tandem with Ellis and has put together the takeover package following visits to Dubai and Qatar to source finance.

Last month, Sportsmail exclusively revealed Akers’ involvement in the deal.

Now manager Walter Smith, who signed a one-year contract with Rangers only a fortnight ago, could be handed a £10m summer transfer window war chest to prepare for the SPL title defence and the Champions League.

The documents issued suggest Ellis and his partners will wipe out £20m of debt held by Lloyds Banking Group.

It is believed Rangers, after recent cutbacks, are presently £27.5m in the red.

Murray is in line to receive £3.1m for his majority shareholding in the club but is expected to retain a small percentage under the blueprint and could land a role as honorary president. 

Nice to meet you: Ellis will now forge an relationship with boss Walter Smith

Ellis, who had a two-month spell in charge of Northampton Town, registered his interest in Rangers in early March. Murray had formally put his 90-per-cent stake up for sale last October after stepping down as chairman in August of that year.

It is not clear yet how the proposed change in ownership might affect senior figures like chairman Alastair Johnston, chief executive Martin Bain and the football management team of Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall.

Ellis and Johnston clashed in public less than a month ago and any changes in the chairmanship or directorship of Rangers will have to be processed through the SFA and meet certain criteria.

Just a month ago, Ellis said: ‘I am confident there will be serious developments in the next three to four weeks.

‘Should I gain control, I intend to offer Walter Smith a new contract, as his experience and knowledge is invaluable.

‘It is also only fitting that former chairman Sir David Murray should be offered the role of life president, as what he has done for the club can never be forgotten.’

Smith, who reacted angrily to Ellis offering him a new deal via the media, signed his one-year contract since those comments and seems unlikely to be shifted in his resolve to leave Rangers for a second time in May 2011.

But what looks odds-on is that after leading Rangers for more than two decades, the former rugby player from Ayr will finally relinquish his controlling interest. [\quote]