SPL players that you would like to see at the club

Thommo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

riordan,mccarthur jutcevick guy from m/well,pedro moutinho from falkirk (i know they got relegated),alex neil .

Jutkiewicz would be a good addition but wouldn't pay too much for him. Definately not Alex Neil :anguish:

David Goodwillie and not one more. No-one else would improve our squad and some of the suggestions in here are quite disturbing.

I think that big Kevin Kyle at Kilmarnock is the perfect SPL target man and that Tom Hateley at Motherwell is a player, but they're not going to bring anything to the table that isn't already here. James McArthur and Morgaro Gomis can play, but we don't need another body in the middle of the park.

Ryan Flynn? Pedro Moutinho? Alex fuckin' Neil? Fuck's sake.

No-one else would improve our squad and some of the suggestions in here are quite disturbing.

Really?

We could be down to 14 first team players and you think there is only one playe in the entire SPL who would help make our squad stronger <cr>

Yes, I do.

I'm going on starting eleven, though. Of course, I'd rather have Alex Neil and Jackie McNamara in the squad to increase it's size as opposed to entering the new season with a first team squad of just fourteen. That's depth, though, not improvement.

As for our starting eleven, I believe that only David Goodwillie would bring something extra to the table and, even at that, he'll take time to fulfil his potential.

I'd rather have Papac than Wallace, Edu than McArthur, Thomson than Gomis, Miller than Stokes, Fleck than Driver, Davis than Moutinho and big Davie Weir than any other centre-half in this league.

No-one else would improve our squad and some of the suggestions in here are quite disturbing.

Really?

We could be down to 14 first team players and you think there is only one playe in the entire SPL who would help make our squad stronger <cr>

Your talking rubbish. If we went down to 14 players we would have had to have sold a few, therefor we would have funds to buy new players.

Really?

Your talking rubbish. If we went down to 14 players we would have had to have sold a few, therefor we would have funds to buy new players.

How am I talking rubbish?

All I said was that we could possibly find ourselves with that small a squad. f you can show me where I said that we are likely to be starting the season with that small a squad I'll happily hold my hands up and say Im wrong.

If you seriously think I'm suggesting that we will start the season with 14 players then you are missing the point

completly.

Riordan? Is this some kind of wind-up? I'd take Lee Wallace, MacArthur, Gomis, Templeton and Goodwillie as cheap youngish players from the SPL.

Riordan is good from set pieces which is something we have been lacking in with the exception of Davis taking the odd good free kick. He also has some shot on him and can add more width to the team. I'd take him in an instant

I think you could have a very good squad with spl players outwith old firm..

For example,

Cerny, Wallace, Kenneth, Goncalves, Barr, Conway, Gomis, McCarthur, Goodwillie, Stokes and Juckiewicz

Not a shite side in the slightest

Riordan? Is this some kind of wind-up? I'd take Lee Wallace, MacArthur, Gomis, Templeton and Goodwillie as cheap youngish players from the SPL.

Riordan is good from set pieces which is something we have been lacking in with the exception of Davis taking the odd good free kick. He also has some shot on him and can add more width to the team. I'd take him in an instant

It't not his talent i'm worried about but his past, he is a rhat of the highest order and probally wouldn't even considering signing for us. That's not even mentioning his off pitch activities: Banned from every club in Edinburgh and caught singing racist and sectarian songs. The media would be twice as hard on him if he signed for us aswell and we get enough bad coverage form the red tops constanty harrasing McGregor. Sorry he's not the type of player i'd like to see in a Rangers jersey

Really?

How am I talking rubbish?

All I said was that we could possibly find ourselves with that small a squad. f you can show me where I said that we are likely to be starting the season with that small a squad I'll happily hold my hands up and say Im wrong.

If you seriously think I'm suggesting that we will start the season with 14 players then you are missing the point

completly.

Mate i never said that you said we would start with 14 players.

It't not his talent i'm worried about but his past, he is a rhat of the highest order and probally wouldn't even considering signing for us. That's not even mentioning his off pitch activities: Banned from every club in Edinburgh and caught singing racist and sectarian songs. The media would be twice as hard on him if he signed for us aswell and we get enough bad coverage form the red tops constanty harrasing McGregor. Sorry he's not the type of player i'd like to see in a Rangers jersey

Agree with everything you've said about the odious cunt of a man but I'd be tempted still. Rate him as a player and Riordan and Stokes would sadly answer alot of our problems (should Boyd leave) and do it cheaply. Plus he has a chip on his shoulder for celtc and Walter has a knack for bringing troublesome personalities into line.

does anybody rate koeviceivic (think thats how you spell his name) from dundee utd according to the paper croatia are keeping tabs on him?

Aye mate, good big defender, and I thought he was much older than what he is

i know it probably wouldnt be popular but i would take anthony stokes in a heartbeat. A proven spl goalscorer( 35 in 53 games at hibs and falkirk according to wikipedia) who only scored one less than boyd in the spl. Plus the mhedia wouldnt know what to say if we signed a ROI international. Is a bit of a prick though..