3 Strikers Going on a free

hutchy14

Its hard to say, he couldnt perform in the EPL. For me i would rather we went out and signed someone who knows the SPL And not take risk's with the clubs financial state.

Ilan and Franco would piss all over the SPL. The only risk would be paying stupid wages which we're not going to do, but you're right lets try to sign someone who knows the SPL like Lee Miller or Kevin Kyle instead :anguish:

Wish the club and some supporters would show more ambition at times. WE ARE RANGERS.

Their only ambition is winning the SPL.

We could grind it out again and get the job done with average SPL players true.

The OP has pointed to a couple of good players who are out of contract, I'd like to see us make the best offer we can, they can only say no. We've seen what a difference a genuine talent like Bougherra, Prso or even Cousin (on his day) can make.

Also, I think our ambition should be to win the SPL, then have a decent go at Europe. To me that means not getting pumped at home and hopefully coming at least 3rd so we can get a crack at the Europa league.

I would consider Mido if he wasn't looking for much in the way of wages and purely on a pay as you play basis. If he really wants to get his career back on track and knuckle down then I believe he could do a job for us. He has lots of ability but has ruined his career by being a lazy bastard to date.

Its hard to say, he couldnt perform in the EPL. For me i would rather we went out and signed someone who knows the SPL And not take risk's with the clubs financial state.

Wasn't there alot of people on here saying only last week that we need players who have better experience out-with the SPL.

Not Me, ive always said while our club is in this current financial state we should stick to winning the SPL And getting the most ammount of money we can, and then look towards Europe as a bonus right now.

anyone could be a success up here.

league is hardly exciting is it, i would take Ilan out the three

Nonsense.

65 thousand a week failure Robbie Keane couldn't score v Ross County and Roy Keane got his baws chewed by Clyde during his spell at Celtc too. 2-1 to the Bully Wee in the Scottish Cup. Remember ? :21:

2 Big headed - Big name players from Englands top flight that couldn't hack it against the minnows of Scottish football. :lol:

You give the English too much credit mate and give our own league too little respect IMO.

Mido only took £1000 a week so he could prove himself in the EPL. He isnt gonna take £1000 a week at us as he will say it doesnt prove anything playing in the SPL. He only done that to put himself in the shop window.

Mido was on £1k a week for a reason....he is completely and utterly shite.

The other 2 are no more than average and i would not be bringing either of them to Rangers.

We can do a lot better.

Mido asked for £1K a week because he knew he hadn't lived up to his expectations, he wanted to prove that he was good enough to play and didn't want to take money from West Ham if he wasn't playing well enough. If i remember correctly, Ilans wages are around £30K and Francos are much higher, hes closer to around £50K, there was a pdf file going around with the West Ham squads wages on it and there was some really stupid ones, i know its off topic but according to that then Zavon Hines was on around £400 a week.

Back to the point, Ilan and Franco would run riot up here, i think Mido would do a job up here if he wanted to play, he would be too much like Cousin and i don't think that is the type of player that we are wanting to bring in, especially after the bond that seems to be within the squad just now.

Franco, Mido and Ilan all been realesed by West Ham. I think that all 3 players could easily do a job in the SPL. I would prefer Ilan out of the 3 although I have a feeling he would want stupid wages.

Thoughts?

now you've mentioned that i bet thae timmy cunts will sign all 3.

The other 2 are no more than average and i would not be bringing either of them to Rangers.

We can do a lot better.

Mido asked for £1K a week because he knew he hadn't lived up to his expectations, he wanted to prove that he was good enough to play and didn't want to take money from West Ham if he wasn't playing well enough. If i remember correctly, Ilans wages are around £30K and Francos are much higher, hes closer to around £50K, there was a pdf file going around with the West Ham squads wages on it and there was some really stupid ones, i know its off topic but according to that then Zavon Hines was on around £400 a week.

Back to the point, Ilan and Franco would run riot up here, i think Mido would do a job up here if he wanted to play, he would be too much like Cousin and i don't think that is the type of player that we are wanting to bring in, especially after the bond that seems to be within the squad just now.

He only "took" £1k a week as no one else in the EPL or the Championship would touch him.

The guy is garbage and the fact he didn't prove himself at West Hame merely reinforces my view of him.

He is garbage.

And the other two are only marginally better and not worth the reputed wages they were on.

We can do a lot better.

He only "took" £1k a week as no one else in the EPL or the Championship would touch him.

The guy is garbage and the fact he didn't prove himself at West Hame merely reinforces my view of him.

He is garbage.

And the other two are only marginally better and not worth the reputed wages they were on.

Agree Mate, all three couldnt handle the pressure of playing for West Ham, there is far more pressure playing for rangers when the fans want success.

We can do a lot better.

He is garbage.

Agree Mate, all three couldnt handle the pressure of playing for West Ham, there is far more pressure playing for rangers when the fans want success.

West Ham successfully staved off the threat of relegation and Ilan scored a couple of extremely important goals at the back end of the season to make that possible.

That points to the exact opposite of what you are saying.

We can do a lot better.

He is garbage.

West Ham successfully staved off the threat of relegation and Ilan scored a couple of extremely important goals at the back end of the season to make that possible.

They shouldnt have even been in that position with the players they have.

We can do a lot better.

He is garbage.

They shouldnt have even been in that position with the players they have.

Nice deflection.

Nice deflection.

Not realy a deflection, West Ham stayed up because Hull were poor, and thats a compliment to them. They struggled to beat a very poor defence is wigan with gary caldwell in it. They got dominated by wolves at home who are an average team and a team like West ham should be beating them easily if players are on form. The big players never steped up to the mark and they nearly went down, they never stayed up because of a couple of goals from Ilan who done fuck all apart from that, It was because Hull were so Poor they stayed up.

Nice deflection.

Not realy a deflection, West Ham stayed up because Hull were poor, and thats a compliment to them. They struggled to beat a very poor defence is wigan with gary caldwell in it. They got dominated by wolves at home who are an average team and a team like West ham should be beating them easily if players are on form. The big players never steped up to the mark and they nearly went down, they never stayed up because of a couple of goals from Ilan who done fuck all apart from that, It was because Hull were so Poor they stayed up.

That's funny, anytime I say we won the league was because we were better than a pish Celtic side, I get crucified! :-D

Read a while back that Franco loved Scotland. Was in the paper in his kilt. I wouldnt call it heritage but . . .

"The 33-year-old, whose full name is Guillermo Luis Franco Farquarson, told how his grandfather collected kilts and other items relating to the Farquharsons, a historic clan who hailed from the Scottish Highlands. With his British heritage, it should be no surprise that Franco has settled quickly into life at the Boleyn Ground." - WHU Website

He could do a good job up with Miller, but doubt he's worth the wages.

Just joined - First Post! :21:

Ilan looks like a good player. I think it would be a great idea to look at freebies and give them decent wages rather than spending 2.5 million on Nugent.

Other players released/available on free worth having a gamble on?:

Bernard Mendy

Danny Shittu

Robert Koren

James McEveley (left back cover)