Bougherra now linked with megabucks Malaga

Newly taken over Malaga have today shown interest in Madjid Bougherra, with a reported £4million pound deal being prepared. The new owner of the La Liga team, Qatari tycoon Abdullah bin Nasser Al-Thani, apparently wants the Algerian defender to be the bedrock of a new era at the Spanish club.

17.jpgIt is also been mooted that as part of any potential deal, Rangers would be invited to play a money spinning friendly in the Qatari capital Doha.

The Sunday Mail is reporting that representatives of the club have already made contact with representatives of the Algerain stopper. The Sheikh, who is leading up a consortium of businessmen, now plans to head out to South Africa to meet the 27-year-old in a bid to sell him on a move to Spain.

According to quotes in the paper attributed to someone close to Bougherra: "It would be a dream for Madjid to play in Spain but his focus is on the World Cup and then he'll decide his future."

This is just the next chapter in the saga of Bougherra ultimately leaving Rangers this summer. However, if this story is in fact true then surely an owner openly travelling to meet with our player in order to sell him on a move to his club is tapping up?

If they have the money then £4million simply wouldn't happen, he's worth more, unless of course it is all paid up front which Smith could then use this season to bolster the squad.

View the full article

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if anyone offered us 8.3million, would we knock it back :lol: fuckin no chance!

if the fee talked about is anything under 8 million, then i wouldnt sell him, i think hes outstanding

4million is ridiculous

how can boughy get talked about for 4 million yet the 1 trick pony is getting bids knocked back for 8 and a half million?

yev got to hate the scottish mhedia!

Madjid Bougherra is too good to be playing for Malaga. If he leaves I hope it is for a better team than Malaga.

It is a tricky situation regarding Bougherra. If we keep him then we have got a class act on our hands but he has shown that he is too injury prone and misses too many big games.

£6m and then we start talking!

If I was him I'd rather play in Spain for a smaller club like Malaga, than play in Turkey for a big club like Galatasaray. The Turkish league is ranked something like 11th in Europe, while La Liga is ranked 2nd. The only concern would be that Malaga are potential relegation fodder.

4 million is not worth entertaining... especially before the world cup where if he does well (against England particularly) his value will rocket, should at least be 6 to 7 minimum... and they can shove the "money spinning" friendly where the sun don't shine !!

They can GTF for that price. Why does everybody think because we have money troubles they can buy our players on the cheap?

because we have a board and chief executive who tend to accept the first offer put to us(have done for years, long before LBG got involved heavily) and they dont have a clue how to work the 21st century transfer market

someone said we rejected galatasarays offer of 5m, but did we not accept a bid of 5 million from hamburg? shocking if true btw

the press just love linking our best players away from the club for peanuts

4 mill? Joke.

All eyes on Madjid v England. I truly believe that match will decide where he goes. Plays well, EPL side. Plays badly, stays with us. Anywhere in between... Turkey, Malaga.. whatever.

But since he's determined to leave -- it seems -- let's hope he is outstanding v England. Then we can get our 7-8 mill no problem. but.. I hope England thump them -- and every side.

It never fails to amaze that the scum put a price on their players 10mil for magayday yet nobody at Rangers comes out and

tells these people enquiring about our players just how much it will take to get them.

It never fails to amaze that the scum put a price on their players 10mil for magayday yet nobody at Rangers comes out and

tells these people enquiring about our players just how much it will take to get them.

it shows a lack of respect and commitment putting a price on your players imo. and celtc know they will never sell mcgayday for 10million. they would be lucky to get 5million - he's FAR from the finished article, which has been proven this season.

it shows a lack of respect and commitment putting a price on your players imo. and celtc know they will never sell mcgayday for 10million. they would be lucky to get 5million - he's FAR from the finished article, which has been proven this season.

:lol:

theyve just knocked back 8.3million!! (if you believe sky, i still think it was a fishing expedition to get an offer from an english outfit)

If hes got less than 2 years on his contract then £4 million is a fair price, what has he done since joining us for a fee of £2.5 million to suddenly make him worth £7-8 Million

alcapones gone fishing............

4m :lol: :lol:

If hes got less than 2 years on his contract then £4 million is a fair price, what has he done since joining us for a fee of £2.5 million to suddenly make him worth £7-8 Million

Flecky me ol mucker, I'll bet you a pound we wont get more than £4 million for him :)

The player is running down his contract with less than 2 years to go and he WONT sign another one, its another Boyd saga where he will go in his terms, not Rangers sadly.

What would you do if the highest offer was £4 million this summer??

But hey I hope I'm wrong

Flecky me ol mucker, I'll bet you a pound we wont get more than £4 million for him :)

The player is running down his contract with less than 2 years to go and he WONT sign another one, its another Boyd saga where he will go in his terms, not Rangers sadly.

What would you do if the highest offer was £4 million this summer??

But hey I hope I'm wrong

Make sure he signs a new deal before the season starts (tu)

I hope know you are wrong mate, weve already knocked back a 4-5 million pound offer for him

(tu)