Guillermo Franco - Transfer Suggestion

KazzyTI

Playing just now for Mexico in the World Cup, he's been released by West Ham. He is knocking on a bit at 33 years of age but he would be available on a free and he has top-level experience with Villarreal.

The wages would be a slight worry but a leak of the wage structure at West Ham in May this year but him on £20k a week. He's a strong player and good in the air so he could hack the SPL in my opinion and, while he hasn't been prolific since he left his home country, he has scored in strong leagues and he'd get more than enough chances at Rangers. The lure of trophies and European football, especially at his age, could be a dealbreaker.

Thoughts?

i would rather have dos santos on loan for a year

(tu)

Aye but let's be realistic. There is no way a player with most of his career ahead of him would want to come to Scotland and have the shit kicked into him but centre-halves with no pace and sharpened studs.

Franco on the other hand could handle himself and he's more than comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I think I've cursed him for the game btw, he's missed two very good chances with his head. :lol:

No ta.

Slow as a week in the jail, and looks as tho any technique he may have had is long gone.

The weak link in the Mexican attack.

(cue 2nd-half Franco hat-trick!)

west ham fans didnt rate him and they're used to watching shite so id rather pass on that one. id say hes just a tanned version of veliecka.

Aye, Scotty Parker is shite. Rio Ferdinand is shite. Michael Carrick is shite. Joe Cole is shite. Fat Frank is shite.

Good one!

west ham fans didnt rate him and they're used to watching shite so id rather pass on that one. id say hes just a tanned version of veliecka.

Aye, Scotty Parker is shite. Rio Ferdinand is shite. Michael Carrick is shite. Joe Cole is shite. Fat Frank is shite.

Good one!

:lol: my throw away comment was merely relative to their last campaign...scott parker was excellent but the rest of them were awful...hence why their whole squad bar parker have been put up for sale!

Good one!

:lol: my throw away comment was merely relative to their last campaign...scott parker was excellent but the rest of them were awful...hence why their whole squad bar parker have been put up for sale!

:O is this true?!

id take that south african tshabala any day ;)

i would rather have dos santos on loan for a year

(tu)

Aye but let's be realistic. There is no way a player with most of his career ahead of him would want to come to Scotland and have the shit kicked into him but centre-halves with no pace and sharpened studs.

Franco on the other hand could handle himself and he's more than comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I think I've cursed him for the game btw, he's missed two very good chances with his head. :lol:

He did end up on loan at Ipswich. Barca to Ipswich via spurs in the space of a year then ended up at galatasaray on loan.

Would love to see him at ibrox on loan but exactly the sort of player that would be targetted for some rough stuff.

Can play on the left too ; )

Good one!

:O is this true?!

id take that south african tshabala any day ;)

yep... http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/823504-david-sullivan-puts-west-ham-squad-up-for-sale-except-scott-parker

he did look quite handy (tu)

One game in and so it begins.............:anguish:

I'm sorry, I thought this was a message board for people to voice their opinions. Clearly not. :rolleyes:

Don't like the thread? Don't post.

Better yet, jog on and don't read it.

One game in and so it begins.............:anguish:

I'm sorry, I thought this was a message board for people to voice their opinions. Clearly not. :rolleyes:

Don't like the thread? Don't post.

Better yet, jog on and don't read it.

doh

Thats exactly what im doing! Voicing my opinion. Said opinion is that there will be loads of ridiculous suggestions throughout the WC.