Football Manager 2007 Official Thread!

Official FM Thread

Was rangers and i took them as far as i can after a few seasons got offered the liverpool job out the blue and took it. Tho sumit really annoyed me in my last season a signed maxi lopez on loan and i ressurected his career to the extend of gettin an international call up. He becomes available on loan again and i go for him with my new club. And who does he sign for. ...........Everton doh

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A wee thing that annoys me in the game is when I'm playing a team, and they score, only for it to flash up that its [insert player names] first goal of the season or for the club.

It makes me think my defence is rank...

A wee thing that annoys me in the game is when I'm playing a team, and they score, only for it to flash up that its [insert player names] first goal of the season or for the club.

It makes me think my defence is rank...

so typical isnt it!

I dont believe it my big game of the season semi final in italian cup against Inter and the week before the match this happens

Del Piero inj

trezeguet inj

Luque inj

Bojinov inj

All my strikers are inj part from one :(

just done the quadruple in my second season at barca, won the treble in the first season getting beat by feckin valencia in champ league, but i have a problem i dont know who to sign as a striker can anyone help tried for villa but they want 65m, tried for klose but they wanted 54m

Im looking for a player 25 or under and they have to be as good as the following

Sammy eto,fernando torres and ricardo olivera

at the mo the others are omar andrade still only 18 but now worth 8m

i also have millan,zuniga and steven fletcher and i also have bojan.

but i need someone that will improve my squad in the short term not long term

So what formations and tactics are we all using ?? I'm currently using a 4-4-2 in my Gers game with two wingers, almost like a 4-2-4 type formation... This formation and tactic works wonders in the SPL but in other games i.e the English Premiership and in France its doesnt seem to work as well ...

Anyone got any decent formations or tactics that work well outside the SPL ??

Post screenshots if you have a GREAT tactic !!

So what formations and tactics are we all using ?? I'm currently using a 4-4-2 in my Gers game with two wingers, almost like a 4-2-4 type formation... This formation and tactic works wonders in the SPL but in other games i.e the English Premiership and in France its doesnt seem to work as well ...

Anyone got any decent formations or tactics that work well outside the SPL ??

Post screenshots if you have a GREAT tactic !!

well i cant post a screen shot as i dont have tinternet on my home computer, but i use a simple 4-4-2

and you say set the wide men as wingers your two central midfielders should be set to attacking mid, two full backs and two centre backs etc,

team tactics, you want to play slightly attacking, don't give them creative freedom, passing you want to click to the left but ensure its still on mixed, no time wasting , hard tackling, closing down often.

This is generally what i do in all my games and it seems to work for me

have used in scotland, england and now spain and i also use it for my scotland team

Here's my FM2007 career so far. I decided to do it like a proper manager starting jobless, and not reloading a save if I ever get the sack.

Joined Braunschweig half-way through the season, a team who were promoted from a league that I didn't have loaded so they were filled with automated free transfers and were relegation candidates.

Got them relegated and therefore got sacked since I didn't have the league below loaded :rolleyes:. Joined Nov 06, left April 07.

Joined Lanciano in Aug 07. Similar situation to Braunschweig with the free transfers. Bought a few players and saved them from relegation in the 1st season. 2nd season bought Mokoena but finished in a relegation playoff game and got relegated. Resigned June 09 since I didn't have the league below loaded.

Joined Cordoba in July 09 newly promoted to the Liga BBVA with some crappy free transfer players. Had 90k to spend and got Kamburov, Ernane, Enakarhire, Sousa and Nkosi, but Nkosi is inelegible for every game since I can only register 2 foreigners :(

Currently 9th in the Liga BBVA in Feb 2010. Doing way above expectation.

Here's my FM2007 career so far. I decided to do it like a proper manager starting jobless, and not reloading a save if I ever get the sack.

Joined Braunschweig half-way through the season, a team who were promoted from a league that I didn't have loaded so they were filled with automated free transfers and were relegation candidates.

Got them relegated and therefore got sacked since I didn't have the league below loaded :rolleyes:. Joined Nov 06, left April 07.

Joined Lanciano in Aug 07. Similar situation to Braunschweig with the free transfers. Bought a few players and saved them from relegation in the 1st season. 2nd season bought Mokoena but finished in a relegation playoff game and got relegated. Resigned June 09 since I didn't have the league below loaded.

Joined Cordoba in July 09 newly promoted to the Liga BBVA with some crappy free transfer players. Had 90k to spend and got Kamburov, Ernane, Enakarhire, Sousa and Nkosi, but Nkosi is inelegible for every game since I can only register 2 foreigners :(

Currently 9th in the Liga BBVA in Feb 2010. Doing way above expectation.

ive done that.cheers for the inspiration.no jobs as of yet but ill update you

Just got sacked from Cordoba because I didn't get promotion. The board wanted promotion and the fans wanted mid-table. That's crazy. This was their 1st season in that league and I finished 9th.

Now I'm jobless again <rockon>

Cordoba - July 2009 to May 2010

EDIT: Scotland made it to the WC quarter finals in 2010. Unbeaten until France beat them 3-0. Then Walter Smith quit and I'm now Scotland manager <rockon>

****in Inter!Jammie bassa :angry:

beating me 2-1 (4-2 on agg) in semi of Italian cup with 2 of them away goals,i switch to 4-2-4 in last 10mins Bojinov scores....Pallidino scores....Luque scores!!Yes!!Im winning 5-4 agg im in the final....last minute Ibra-him-a-bitch scores and puts me out on away goals

No europe for me next season

well i have 5 games to go in my 3rd season and i have a 20 Point lead meaning i have already wrapped up the league, into the semi's of champ league , spanish cup final to look forward to if i win these two competitions i will have won 14 trophies in 3 years :blink:

Fernando torres is awesome his record for above season

games 41 (4)

goals 35

assists 14

Motm 12

ave rating 8.14

that is impressive considering that eto also scored 25 and tevez scored 15.

but n'zogbia has made left mid his own racking up an astonishing 35 assists in one season

Just won the Premiership with Man City in my first Season :o Corradi is a GOD. Best moments were a 5-1 win over Arsenal at home and beating Man U 5-3 away. :D

Brought in:

Steven Naismith(Kilmarnock) for 240k

Andres Guardado(Atlas) for 2.8m

Allan McGregor(Rangers) for 45k

Brian McBride(Fulham) for 250k

Stephen McManus(Celtic) for 1.1m

In January I signed Jari Litmanen and Hossam Ghali on free transfers for backup Litmanen only started to games and contract is up in July. Ghali never even made it to the Senior Squad and had pissed me off with terrible performances for the reserves if getting sold in August...I hope.

Just spending all my budget before the transfer window has even opened but lots of good signings!

Milenko Acimovic(Al Ittihad) - Bosman(

Robert Huth(Middlesbrough) - 1.9m(Brought in as backup for Dunne and Distin)

Danny Stevens(Luton) - Bosman(Looks an alright youngster will probably sent to feeder club for a season or two)

Kevin Nolan(Bolton) - 4.5m(Will battle for places with Barton, Hammann, Dabo and Richards losers will be sold in January :P)

James Vaughan(Everton) - Bosman(Hailed as next Gary Lineker same as Stevens off to Feeder Club first)

Anthony Stokes(Arsenal) - Bosman(Away to feeder club first might send him to my Polish club)

Dave Nugent(Preston) - 750k(To become my 5th choice striker as I send out my good youngsters on loan so they don't miss out on 1st team football)

Gareth Bale(Southampton) - 2.1m(Battle it out with McManus for LB)

Yakubu(Middlesbrough) - 3m(Battle it out with Samaras, Corradi and Vassell for 1st XI)

I've got 3 main games although one is a network game.

1) Rangers manager won 5 SPL Titles in a row as well as the Uefa Cup. 3 CIS Cup's and 1 Scottish Cup. In my 6th season 15 points ahead of Celtic turned down jobs from Liverpool, Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon.

2) Started jobless then became the manager of the Belarus team I took them up a division but then i was relegated and got sack then Cowdenbeath hired me so I took them to the SPL before resigning. (didn't want to get relegation and ruin image). Currently out of a job but hoping to get the Hearts Job which has become available.

3) Network game at work I'm Rangers 1st season 4 points behind Inverness october not signed any1 yet other teams taken are Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wigan, Real Madrid, Everton and Shandong (Chinese team. Dont Ask!)

Anyway I want to win 10 in a row with Rangers on the top 1 before I leave I'll proably buy a few world class players before I leave so they stay top when I'm gone and I'll return near the twilight of my career.

Hi guys I ainy got the new one yet (i'm sorry) there is no point as my laptop is screwed and I cant install games.

Just wanted to know what the farthest ahead in years you have gone. FM 2006 I played it till around 2028. I was Milan manager for around 15 years. I loved finding new superstars in the game. Just wanted to know how far you all have taken it? And also players you have found.

Did anyone else get a player called Venturini, Striker/AM Itailian??