Strikers - New Ones Needed

nvager

With Boyd and Nacho gone we are left with Miller, who is fine, and Lafferty, Naismith and Little. The last three worry me greatly.

If we are to be successful we need new strikers and also at least one good winger/creative midfielder.

I await developments with interest, but do not expect anything to happen much before the end of July.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Boyd and Nacho gone we are left with Miller, who is fine, and Lafferty, Naismith and Little. The last three worry me greatly.

If we are to be successful we need new strikers and also at least one good winger/creative midfielder.

I await developments with interest, but do not expect anything to happen much before the end of July.

thats why i think he'll sell boughie mate, 5-7million for boughie and conclaves on a free means we get some more cash to buy a striker,

shite world but maybe better than nothing

We need one striker to play with Miller/or Lafferty, preferably one with skill, pace and trickery in the Micheal Mols mould. As for Naismith IMO his time is up. He has had is chances and even though he scored a few goals last year he just doesn't look the part to me. None of us had heard of Mols before he was signed and if we can find another player with similar skills we will do just fine

I think Velicka can do us a turn.

He's not the most mobile or quick, but he's strong and a fantastic finisher.

I don't really expect anyone to agree with me, but I see something in him.

Don't think Walter Smith rates him, though.

Luca Toni anyone? :craphead:

One interesting one is Idrissou though, who's been released by Freiburg. Averaged over a goal every three games in a team who were constantly battling relegation. Worth a go?

Good shout with Idrissou. We should really be taking advantage of some strikers on free

Would anyone take Ilan?

One interesting one is Idrissou though, who's been released by Freiburg. Averaged over a goal every three games in a team who were constantly battling relegation. Worth a go?

Without trying to sound like a broken record on only my second post on this thread, Velicka when he played scored 5 goals in 5 goals for us before dropping out the team towards the end of season before last.

He's not had a chance to prove he could be prolific. I think as a regular starter and decent service he could get us 20 goals a season.

Just my opinion tho.

We need width and creativity, players with the ability to take an opponent on and beat them with the ball at their feet.

If provided with chances, and not continually played in alien positions Lafferty & Naismith will score goals. They are young lads with a long way to go in their careers, they will improve.

Without trying to sound like a broken record on only my second post on this thread, Velicka when he played scored 5 goals in 5 goals for us before dropping out the team towards the end of season before last.

He's not had a chance to prove he could be prolific. I think as a regular starter and decent service he could get us 20 goals a season.

Just my opinion tho.

Not mobile or sharp enough IMO. Still can't believe we payed £1M for him, we should be looking to move him on now

Totally agree, so many questions about the last 3 you mentioned. Lafferty finished the season decently, but he was awful before that. Can he keep his form consistently? Naismith is on the verge of becoming a lost cause, I think he's a backup at best. Same with Little, even though we haven't seen that much of him.

A target man who can hold the ball up and bully defenders would be ideal IMO.

Damn right we need a striker(s). Velicka, Naismith and Lafferty aren't good enough.

Naismith & Lafferty will prove you wrong if played correctly.

Lafferty needs a prolonged run in the team at CF (which I think will happen this coming season) and a fair crack of the whip from the officials, if he gets these he will come good. He is still learning and has the cocky confidence that will keep him from letting his detractors get to him.

Naismith is still a talent, he's probably been trying to hard since he came to us, needs to settle himself down and do what he is good at. It doesn't help that he has been played in more positions than a Taiwanese hooker.

Hi! NV,I heard a rumor they are toying with the Idea of playing big Lee up front with Miller to start the season. :cheers:

Hi! NV,I heard a roomer they are toying with the Idea of playing big Lee up front with Miller to start the season. :cheers:

I've heard worse ideas, but to be honest big Lee was my player of the season in that holding midfield role this season that allowed Davis to play his game.

Damn right we need a striker(s). Velicka, Naismith and Lafferty aren't good enough.

Lafferty needs a prolonged run in the team at CF (which I think will happen this coming season) and a fair crack of the whip from the officials, if he gets these he will come good. He is still learning and has the cocky confidence that will keep him from letting his detractors get to him.

Naismith is still a talent, he's probably been trying to hard since he came to us, needs to settle himself down and do what he is good at. It doesn't help that he has been played in more positions than a Taiwanese hooker.

He had about 6 or 7 games last season up front where he produced fuck all, he's not good enough.

Lafferty - neither a goalscorer, provider nor target man, and he can't play on the wing.

Naismith - he's worse than Lafferty. His best attribute is his aerial ability.