The McBeath ceremony in Lincoln

MisterC

Problems between FF and VB only flow one way. Type Vanguardbears on FF and see what happens, then go and type follow follow on VB and see what happens.

That may be 100% true but it doesn't solve why though or how to work through this problem.

If Moonlighter or anyone else involved in the Founders Trail want to discuss this further they know where we are.

It would be nice to finally cut through all the internet crap and start working more closely so that Rangers and Rangers alone benefit.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a bit ironic that details aren't blasted all over RM.

Maybe one has to register on VB to join the clique.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned on FF either but maybe that's understandable, VB obviously have a thing about FF.

I don't wish to get involved in a childish slanging match (I've seen some of the nonsense on here in the last couple of days), but the statement "VB obviously have a thing about FF" is inaccurate and misleading.

VB does not censor any mention of FF, or filter out the name of the website on it's site or forums.

In actual fact, VB invited FF, RM and Gersnet to get involved in the BBC Protest and Petition and were rebuffed twice by one site.

We also give credit to FF when it's appropriate.

On our BBC Dossier we actually fought the BBC reporting of the Lennon cartoon on FF as part of an agenda against the club and it's supporters.

We also have no problems with our posters posting on various sites, including FF and this very site.

There are ongoing debates in here that I won't get involved in as I don't see myself as some kind of cavalry, so I'll let you all get on with it, but I felt that quote had to be addressed.

You know the saddest thing here, that when I read a recent article of yours on here I thought you were the kind of supporter that suited VB Perfectly.

I'll bow out here.

Opportunity Knox

DO NOT START WITH ANY SLANGING MATCHES IN THIS THREAD NOW, KEEP IT OFF THE BOARD, TWO THREADS HAVE ALREADY HAD TO BE LOCKED BECAUSE OF IT.

I agree.

Should anyone from the Founders Committee wish to get in touch, they can email us at postmaster@vanguardbears.co.uk

Hell, I'll even buy a round if we can get in a pub together.

over and out.

Moonlighter, I think you need to draw a line under all this pettiness and move on. I know deep down you must be delighted about VB and what they've done in the memory of William McBeath. Imagine your two groups combined. I think it would be incredible.

Nemises : ''He's not interested in the Founders only profit''

First of all my name on here is nemisis and secondly if you want to quote me go to my profile then find posts is the easiest way, making up quotes is not the way to go.

My 5 cents worth is that Mr McBeath wouldn't want this as it's not the Rangers way. Maybe the ceremony should be canceled till respect is shown for the occasion and to other bears and bearettes. His grave was left unkempt for years but now it's been brought back to the limelight it's the subject of squabbles. anguish.gif

First of all my name on here is nemisis and secondly if you want to quote me go to my profile then find posts is the easiest way, making up quotes is not the way to go.

Last post on one of the locked threads last night that's what you said , word for word.

Frankie, thanks for the sicky and the PM's earlier.

We'll be back on as soon as the next Founders event is ready to be announced.

It's been interesting.

The following are John McCrae's words - not those of Vanguardbears Admin:

Regarding Lincoln, anyone going from VB with only a few posts, or who was not known to have attended any previous VB "do" or who had not met any Admin or senior members will know that I wrote asking for info on who you were, who you knew on here and asking for your name, address and phone number. I asked politely and explained why we were asking.

That stance was taken because we were paranoid about taig getting wind of where and when because we had seen their threats to sabotage it.

Even then, all details were sent by PM. Nothing was put on open forum.

Not one VB member hesitated and all supplied details.

All Rangers fans were and are welcome. They just need to prove they are Rangers fans.

With respect to the ones on RM bitching, all they needed to do was ask. And, please note, we are not a clique.

However much they deny it, RM and especially ££ are infested with taigs. The latter site deleted all references to Lincoln because Jaffa Man was sick that VB did the deed while he talked the talk. Under no circumstances would we prevent anyone going, it is simply that all references to Vanguardbears were deleted.

If you don't believe that, log on to Follow Follow and start a thread referring to VanguardBears. See how long it lasts.

John McCrae

The following are John McCrae's words - not those of Vanguardbears Admin:

Regarding Lincoln, anyone going from VB with only a few posts, or who was not known to have attended any previous VB "do" or who had not met any Admin or senior members will know that I wrote asking for info on who you were, who you knew on here and asking for your name, address and phone number. I asked politely and explained why we were asking.

That stance was taken because we were paranoid about taig getting wind of where and when because we had seen their threats to sabotage it.

Even then, all details were sent by PM. Nothing was put on open forum.

Not one VB member hesitated and all supplied details.

All Rangers fans were and are welcome. They just need to prove they are Rangers fans.

With respect to the ones on RM bitching, all they needed to do was ask. And, please note, we are not a clique.

However much they deny it, RM and especially ££ are infested with taigs. The latter site deleted all references to Lincoln because Jaffa Man was sick that VB did the deed while he talked the talk. Under no circumstances would we prevent anyone going, it is simply that all references to Vanguardbears were deleted.

If you don't believe that, log on to Follow Follow and start a thread referring to VanguardBears. See how long it lasts.

John McCrae

i can concur that this is how people were informed of the Lincoln trip as i enquired about it on VB and was contacted via the PM system on there and before anyone asks i would never put anything on any forum that had been sent via PM

sadly i cant make the trip but i would loved to have went down there with like minded bears

I can offer a reply to Moonlighters query regarding the "invite". In a related thread on this forum several weeks ago I asked if The Fouders Committee would have a representative at William McBeaths dedication service. That admittedly isnt an invite, nor am I in a position to offer an invite. As far as I see there was no reply to that question.

Ideally I think each Fans Forum or Group should have at least one representative there.

Haven't read the whole thread but hope this helps...

VB would welcome Rangers fans from any site down in Lincoln, when details of the trip were first being discussed the scum announced plans to play Lincoln immediately before our planned trip. We were ever more reluctant to divulge information willy nilly to all and sundry who could be someone planning to vandalise the stone. We've got screenshots of scum stating their intent to do so.

The trip is not about VB/RM/FF or anyone else, it's about William McBeath and all VB tried to do was cater for their members for the trip. Anyone who runs a supporters club or indeed is involved behind the scenes on a website will understand the difficulty in trying to arrange anything of this nature.

NO INVITES ARE NEEDED IF YOU'RE A BEAR WHO WANTS TO COME ALONG AND PAY THEIR RESPECTS!!!!!!

I can't be any clearer than that.....

Once again we have the opportunity to unite and reconcile any differences. And to do something as a united group for the common good of Rangers Football Club,

I will be in Lincoln and I would welcome the opportunity to meet fellow bears from RM / FF and any other website

Last post on one of the locked threads last night that's what you said , word for word.

Frankie, thanks for the sicky and the PM's earlier.

We'll be back on as soon as the next Founders event is ready to be announced.

It's been interesting.

"He is not THAT interested in the founders.

Profit first. "

The thing in quotes above is a copy and paste of my post in that thread WORD FOR WORD and it seems to show you were either mistaken or deliberately being economical with the truth.

Moonlighter

I'll repeat what's been said many times before. FF members and fellow Bears are more than welcome to come down to Lincoln. I'm sure you won't mind if we try to keep the info from scum who wish to destroy the headstone. Indeed VB if I recall correctly, had to take insurance out on the stone (may need to clarify that)

So If you want to come to ceremony, feel free to get in touch.

Insurance has been taken out on the stone for the very reasons you mention, people involved with VB behind the scenes paid for this and will continue to do so.

BTW I would say this something that should put in place for all memorials etc

I am going to Lincon. I am a member of both boards. I was questioned who I was and gave my phone number ect. There have been threads

on taig boards about the headstone so you cant be too careful. From the outset it was open to EVERYONE who are Rangers fans. So any bear

can go end of

I am going to Lincon. I am a member of both boards. I was questioned who I was and gave my phone number ect. There have been threads

on taig boards about the headstone so you cant be too careful. From the outset it was open to EVERYONE who are Rangers fans. So any bear

can go end of

And in my view that is the end of the story here. No point in going round in circles.