Cancelling a season ticket?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers are in financial turmoil and people are giving up their season tickets.. Not really SUPPORTING rangers is it.

Rangers are hardly in a bad way compared to many UK football clubs. We're in turmoil it seems as Lloyds are running the club to some wildly aggressive cost-cutting program that means we can't offer any player assets new contracts and instead means we have to allow them to run down any sell-on value or leave for free. It doesn't matter to the bank as they are just looking to slash wage bill and get some additional cash in.

Fast forward 1yr. We have only 8 senior players on the books - Davis and Bougherra are in the final year of their contracts as well and cut price offers will be accepted. The bank will be looking for 35,000 season tickets sales and they'll almost have all their cash back. Rangers will be on their knees with no saleable assets and no finance for replacements but LLOYDS DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THAT.

The only method of valid protest open to fans about what the bank are doing is to not take up their season tickets - if anyone can suggest a better method of pressuring the bank to stop treating us all like gullible dickheads then im all ears. Sorry for thinking of the bigger issue at hand here. I've been a regular at games since the days of Bobby Williamson and Hugh Burns, and i will be in the future, but ill be damned if im happy for us to be toyed with in this way.

All this Chris Eagles nonsense today as well (i would love it IF we signed him by the way) - Martin Bain has been busy on the day we sell "future captain" Thomson for next to fuck all.

Go back to sleep Bears, go back to sleep.

Although not before shelling out for a new replica top, a season ticket and CL package. Don't worry though - we also had the annual "Kids are ready to step up" story today as well.

It's a good job im so thick and gullible otherwise i'd think i was getting the piss ripped right out of me. doh

You can support the club but be completely opposed to the senior figures running it into the ground.

Including travel and accomodation I'm paying about 350 bucks just to see them for one game so if I had the opportunity I'd love to buy a season ticket no matter who ends up in the team.

I don't think people realise how lucky they are to have the chance to see the Gers play regularly. Here they expect us to cough up the equivalent of 250 pounds for a season to watch a side where Charlie Miller was the star player last year :anguish:

For those slagging the guy off, I wouldn't be so quick on the draw.

I don't blame anyone for reconsidering their investment when information surrounding the quality of the product is so inconsistent.

If you'd put down £10K for a new car because of the included parts but then heard they were withdrawing the metallic paint, stereo, A/C etc; you'd be similarly confused.

Of course the emotional purchase of a season ticket isn't quite so logical but people are right to demand more value for money given our continued unmatched investment into our club.

Is following Rangers really comparible to an investment like a car?

swisstoni1004_400x430.jpg

I know we've been treated shoddily here, paying full price for a lesser product, but I'm Rangers Til I Die. I'd go through to Glasgow every other weekend if we were bottom of division three, so this won't stop me.

NO SURRENDER :21:

Of course not but it is the club who refer to us like customers so we're quite right to have feedback on their product.

Year on year, we are the biggest investors into the club and yet our feedback is often deemed unimportant or ignored just because the club know our investment is an emotional one as opposed to a financial one per se.

In many ways it is emotional blackmail because people don't want to hold their money back because they know it would make things worse (in the short term at least).

I don't think any bear is being unrealistic in their ambitions for the club but constant downsizing and unfulfilled promises means the club is on dangerous ground - no matter the unmatched loyalty of our fans.

I don't blame anyone for reconsidering their investment when information surrounding the quality of the product is so inconsistent.

If you'd put down £10K for a new car because of the included parts but then heard they were withdrawing the metallic paint, stereo, A/C etc; you'd be similarly confused.

Of course the emotional purchase of a season ticket isn't quite so logical but people are right to demand more value for money given our continued unmatched investment into our club.

:lol: Supporting Rangers is like making love to a woman.....Do it for long enough and you'll forget why you started!

:lol:Supporting Rangers is like making love to a woman.....Do it for long enough and you'll forget why you started!

A beautiful woman. :pipe:

:lol: Supporting Rangers is like making love to a woman.....Do it for long enough and you'll forget why you started!

:praise:

Of course not but it is the club who refer to us like customers so we're quite right to have feedback on their product.

Year on year, we are the biggest investors into the club and yet our feedback is often deemed unimportant or ignored just because the club know our investment is an emotional one as opposed to a financial one per se.

In many ways it is emotional blackmail because people don't want to hold their money back because they know it would make things worse (in the short term at least).

I don't think any bear is being unrealistic in their ambitions for the club but constant downsizing and unfulfilled promises means the club is on dangerous ground - no matter the unmatched loyalty of our fans.

Frankie - what really gets to me is that despite us seemingly in such dire straits no one from the club seems preapred to engage with the support on the issue of fans ownership.

While i've espoused on cancelling my season tickets on other threads in order to protest about the management of the club i have also regularly said i would be happy to contribute to such a scheme that got us out of this situation. I was thinking the other day that even a season ticket plus package could be workable. Whack £100 on everyones season ticket for the next 5yrs and all people to spread the cost monthly (like car insurance where you pay an extra 15-25% to spread the payment). This times 40,000 ticket holders would raise £20m, clearing off the debt and allowing us to start on an even keel.

Rangers are in financial turmoil and people are giving up their season tickets.. Not really SUPPORTING rangers is it.

What about the fans that are in financial turmoil?

Not the point, the OP stated his reasons for cancelling his season ticket and they weren't financial.

See all this talk of loyalty.. Where's the loyalty from the club to the fans??yes we're in financial turmoil and that can be accepted what isn't acceptable is the lies! One minute we don't need to sell anyone and walter would be given sumthing to boost the squad now we're dropping a player who wants to play for this club for a price thats less than he was bought for! Sorry but before renewal things were gonna be fine... Now they have our money it's all gone pete tong again!! After saying that I will still be at ibrox week in week out!!

I've no problem with the OP wanting to cancel his ST, entirely up to hiself.If you feel somethings not worth the money then don't buy it.

I'll not be cancelling mine and my son's but will certainly be loking at cancelling our CL tickets if more players go with no replacements. Not going to be paying top dollar like last year to see us humiliated again.

While I won't criticise anybody who bails out I have said plenty of times that I believe our current prediciment will help seperate the wheat from the chaff with regards to our support.

Yes it will, I'll put my house on it the op will buy another season ticket when things pick up.