Cancelling a season ticket?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those slagging the guy off, I wouldn't be so quick on the draw.

I don't blame anyone for reconsidering their investment when information surrounding the quality of the product is so inconsistent.

If you'd put down £10K for a new car because of the included parts but then heard they were withdrawing the metallic paint, stereo, A/C etc; you'd be similarly confused.

Of course the emotional purchase of a season ticket isn't quite so logical but people are right to demand more value for money given our continued unmatched investment into our club.

I also won't criticise.

I personally don't have the cash for a season ticket, but if I did, I'd be waiting to see how things panned out.

It's a lot of money to go and watch a team with no hope, should it end up that way.

If everyone was being realistic on here, i think it is a fair assumption to say that with our current squad there is a good possiblity that 2nd will be tough to achieve.

and i don't think im being overly harsh, it is a MAJORLY depleted side and other teams will smell blood

If everyone was being realistic on here, i think it is a fair assumption to say that with our current squad there is a good possiblity that 2nd will be tough to achieve.

and i don't think im being overly harsh, it is a MAJORLY depleted side and other teams will smell blood

Things aren't THAT bad.

But I wouldn't make us favourites if the season started tomorrow.

At the end of the day im a fan/supporter not a customer.

If you want a "refund" because the "quality" of your purchase isnt good enough then go for it but its the bad and hard times that make winning that much sweeter.

If you want a "refund" because the "quality" of your purchase isnt good enough then go for it but its the bad and hard times that make winning that much sweeter.

Very true mate - I'm of the same opinion myself.

Nonetheless though, given we're the only investors into the club nowadays and are seen as customers by the club, I don't blame fans for asking for a bit more value for money.

(tu)

Very true mate - I'm of the same opinion myself.

Nonetheless though, given we're the only investors into the club nowadays and are seen as customers by the club, I don't blame fans for asking for a bit more value for money.

Football fans are a fickle bunch Frankie and your only as good as your last game and at the minute a League and Cup double is good value for money in my eyes.

It is totally up to yourself and I guess what a couple of people say wont change your mind.

I go to see rangers and not individuals and how are we supposed to get out fo this mess if we dont invest in the club. If everyone cancelled their tickets tomorrow cause we had to sell a few players for the greater good of the club, then there wouldnt be a club as we rely alot on ticket sales.

I knew in making this thread there would be most people who would give me the loyalty talk, 400 quid plus other games and transport costs during the season, not to mention football jerseys which i usually buy is a hell of a lot of money to be spent on a club that seems to not give a monkeys about the playing squad.

For wealthy people this isnt a worry but it comes to a point where you ask yourself...would this money be better spent elsewhere?

and if that makes me a poorer fan than all of you loyal ones then so be it.

Most regulars spend about one grand supporting Rangers and that's just for attending home matches. £2000 plus if you're going away and abroad.

I for one wouldn't criticise anyone pulling the plug considering what is happening.

If you had put in the opening post that it was a money thing then people would of judged it differently, but from your opening post it seems to be a we wont win anything so i dont want to go post.

I knew in making this thread there would be most people who would give me the loyalty talk, 400 quid plus other games and transport costs during the season, not to mention football jerseys which i usually buy is a hell of a lot of money to be spent on a club that seems to not give a monkeys about the playing squad.

For wealthy people this isnt a worry but it comes to a point where you ask yourself...would this money be better spent elsewhere?

and if that makes me a poorer fan than all of you loyal ones then so be it.

I dont think its a case of wealthy people not worrying about it, i spend at least £1500+ on mine and my bothers season tickets that he attempts to pay me back.

I would happily spend that on a holiday or something but i choose to stay in some night, not go on holiday for 2weeks abroad etc so i can go and follow my team.

Noone will have a dig at you, or even have a right to if you cant afford it and im not having a go at you for thinking about cancelling it. You have every right to...

I just think that football isnt black and white and its too easy to say we deserve better imo.

Presumably you said the same thing this time last year?

A guy in my work has taken mine for this season.

It's up to every individual what they do and i can understand how he feels..

Your paying hard earned for a product and if that product is not good enough your within your rights not take the money back or not pay at all.

Bit of an attention seeking post if you ask me but you can hardly blame people for not wanting to part with their hard earned cash at times like these.

Football fans are a fickle bunch Frankie and your only as good as your last game and at the minute a League and Cup double is good value for money in my eyes.

Yes it is but we should not be resting on our laurels and we should be more open with supporters.

I'm worried that we may struggle to be competitive next season and I think our fans are poorly represented within the club. I think we deserve a bit more respect in that sense given the club have been at pains to acknowledge our financial contribution recently.

Andy has voiced an opinion which many others either hold or are coming round to.

In my opinion, a lot of this has been caused by the lies, misinformation and "carefully worded statements" coming out of Ibrox these days.

Loyalty is a two-way street and I reckon the club management has stretched our goodwill as far as it will go. I'm not going into a litany of the conflicting statements being put out lately, but it does appear that much of the talk before season book renewal time was a load of old cobblers.

They might get away with it this year, but if we don't have a side capable of making a challenge, they won't get many takers next time round. We've already seen how the tic crowds plummeted when they were crap, and things would be no different at Ibrox.

I'm all for supporting the team, but Murray, Bain and co need to stop trying to manipulate us.

Diddle me once, shame on you

Diddle me twice, shame on me.